• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

jred2k

WTF is WWE Roadblock? Why does it have HHH vs Dean Ambrose for WWE title? Are they expecting us to believe HHH will lose the title so Dean can go to Wrestlemania? Like really?

It's the Toronto house show that will be aired on the Network. Title matches happen at house shows literally all the time and the title never gets changed. Calm down.

Son Of D

WTF is WWE Roadblock? Why does it have HHH vs Dean Ambrose for WWE title? Are they expecting us to believe HHH will lose the title so Dean can go to Wrestlemania? Like really?

Network exclusive Live Event this month. So basically there are two events between Rumble and Mania now.

I'm also expecting the Owens/Big Show "feud" to end with a match there for the IC title.

EDIT: Oh it's the house show? In that case don't expect much from it in terms of story development.

Entropia

No One Remembers
It's not technically a house show, because it is being broadcast on the Network.

The first Network special was the Beast in the East which was pretty cool and had some not so standard matches. The next one, the one in MSG was pretty much a house show card with a Brock Lesnar match.

But yeah, it probably won't have much storyline development or any title changes.

kirblar

It's "someone finally got through to Vince and got them to put the title on Dean at WM because Roman ain't over."

Main event is likely getting expanded to a 4 way.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's "someone finally got through to Vince and got them to put the title on Dean at WM because Roman ain't over."

Nah. They don't have the roster to do that. Roman's just going over. It's too late to go back.

Heroman

Banned

WWE anit gonna do a 4 way, it makes turn their 3 big match show into a 2 big show at wm.

klonere

Banned
[dismisses everything and posts Roman Reigns gif]

Rd2fkD7.gif

Silent_Z

Alicia Fox, Brie Bella, Natalya, Summer Rae, Tamina and Paige are all non-TV acts and Charlotte, Becky and Sasha are the main TV people. The women's roster on NXT isn't even really smaller than the main roster's.

NXT women have more meat at their disposal at the moment given their ability to bring in outside talent as needed. I was looking at things from an A/B/C tier perspective, since there are 2 TV storylines. Paige and Nattie are the current B-tier faces for the main roster women, so one of them is going to need to take a loss if Naomi's going to get her heat back after losing to Sasha/Becky, 50/50 booking magic and all that.

Caderfix

They'll just make Ambrose job to HHH to show how weak he is so, at WM, when HHH jobs to Roman the fans will finally understand who the real big dog is. That will get Roman over, for sure.

Kaladin

House shows don't get build time on Raw. You know this. It's a house show turned into a Network Special which obviously has a higher profile.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
NXT women have more meat at their disposal at the moment given their ability to bring in outside talent as needed. I was looking at things from an A/B/C tier perspective, since there are 2 TV storylines. Paige and Nattie are the current B-tier faces for the main roster women, so one of them is going to need to take a loss if Naomi's going to get her heat back after losing to Sasha/Becky, 50/50 booking magic and all that.

well I guess Naomi beat up Brie haha

Zach

You're not supposed to do it to yourself, klonere!

Or wait. Is this the new thing? Responding to one's own posts with Roman Reigns gifs? Perhaps this will segue into responding to one's own Roman Reigns gifs with more Roman Reigns gifs?

It's so deliciously insane. So deliciously contrarian.

Zach

What is this A you speak of, Silent_Z?

:D

Silent_Z

A mystery grade only given to American PPVs if you're grading on a serious curve from what I recall.

In context though I was thinking Title storyline(A) -> Other TV Storyline(B) -> Main Event and Superstars if you're lucky(C)

kiguel182

I assume getting a big match at WrestleMania is something that matters to the performers, so I think it would be wrong to exclude Becky Lynch from it because she's not as over as Sasha, but (through not fault of her own) Sasha also hasn't done anything. The (to what extent we can argue) women's division has been better recently in large part thanks to Becky being assigned an angle that actually went somewhere and Becky pretty much carried the entire angle while Charlotte stood around flubbing her lines.

Excluding Becky would be extremely unfair given all of her work. Triple Threat is what makes more sense.

Have Sasha win and then maybe do a Becky vs Sasha program or something.

Charlotte proved she can't hang with them.

Zach

A mystery grade only given to American PPVs if you're grading on a serious curve from what I recall.

In context though I was thinking Title storyline(A) -> Other TV Storyline(B) -> Main Event and Superstars if you're lucky(C)

You are wise beyond your years, Silent_Z.

kiguel182

Paige's run on the main roster was really weird.

She came off with tons of hype and that feud vs AJ just bombed really hard. After that she was still the main women on the roster but she never did anything great, she was even surpassed by Nicki.

When the "women's revolution" came around she was mostly seen as a nuisance and after all was said and done she is just a "Total Divas" star now.

All around, really weird.

Angry Grimace

Current Kayfabe NXT Women's Rankings:

Hogan Tier: Asuka, Bayley

Kevin Owens Tier: Dana Brooke, Emma, Nia Jax, Eva Marie, Carmella, Alexa Bliss

Paul Roma Tier: That Italian girl, New Jersey girl (yes, they have two of these), Peyton Roce, Billie Kay

Local VFW Hall Tier: The random indie people they sign to eat pins

(And yeah, they actually have a lot more people signed to long term deals, but they just don't even show up on TV - like the Indian girl they had on Breaking Ground (Aaliyah) or the Tough Enough people who do house shows, but don't get on TV even to job)

lol great job Dean

https://twitter.com/mookieghana/status/704771890536194048

In the title picture one day and already being sued

he stole an ambulance this should be obvious

Angry Grimace

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright RBH, go bump that shitty ratings thread now.

Top Bottom