• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

klonere

Banned
That New Day match was all about #MakeBigELookStrong

I'm in to this, two weeks in a row of Big E just wrecking everything and looking like a killer.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like how New Day turned face apparently off camera.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not following the people wondering why Roadblock was on the Network, especially on wreddit

This is exactly what you shitstains asked for. "Why not televise their MSG shows on the Network? Hell, any house show. Make it a special event. It'd be added content"

Then they do that and

"What was the point of this?"

It's a running joke that nothing pleases wrestling fans but jesus christ.

GunBR

So what was the point of Roadblock?

The only thing I got from it was "Please cheer for Roman when he tries to get do what your favorite couldn't next month". . The rest was a literal copy from the house show the night before.
At least created a little storyline on Raw between Dean and H this past month
Better than 3 weeks of Roman showing up and saying "At Wrestlemania I will beat Hunter. I can, I will. Belee dat"

I'm not following the people wondering why Roadblock was on the Network, especially on wreddit

This is exactly what you shitstains asked for. "Why not televise their MSG shows on the Network? Hell, any house show. Make it a special event. It'd be added content"

Then they do that and

I've been paying very little attention to anything wrasslin' related recently (I guess I need a breather before Mania) but wasn't there supposed to be an AJ/KO match on this card? Does this mean it's getting bumped up to Mania after all?

I've been paying very little attention to anything wrasslin' related recently (I guess I need a breather before Mania) but wasn't there supposed to be an AJ/KO match on this card? Does this mean it's getting bumped up to Mania after all?
That was on another house show. Never meant for Roadblock lol.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

No idea, I don't watch much WWE. Didn't catch Roadblock. Just find it baffling people find problems with everything, especially when it's exactly what they asked for.

Then they do that and

Plus it also gave HHH a visible title defence before Mania where he'll probably be dropping the belt, you know it makes him seem more champ material if he actually defends the belt every now and then, or maybe that's just my logic.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Plus it also gave HHH a visible title defence before Mania where he'll probably be dropping the belt, you know it makes him seem more champ material if he actually defends the belt every now and then, or maybe that's just my logic.

Just your logic? You've always been a smart cookie, Owl. It's true, too.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Then they do that and

Your last sentence would indicate that you follow exactly why people are whining. The answer is that almost literally any WWE-related stimulus makes wrestling fans angry.

As for why the AJ/KO match was on a house show, the answer is that house shows are designed to test out crowd reactions to wrestlers and matches. I'm sure it will happen at some point on TV, but I don't think it will be WrestleMania unless you see Jericho express some kind of interest in the IC title.

That was on another house show. Never meant for Roadblock lol.

Uh... ok.

Putting a house show on the Network as an exclusive? I think that's great content. The polar opposite of the Edge and Christian Show. I guess the issue isn't the placement of a house show as a network special, but the predictable nature of it, i.e it's still a house show so nothing will change/no stakes?

AJ/KO on an un-televised house show though? That's a baffling decision. Why not air that regardless? Just call it 'Network Main Event' or something, have an hour of allotted time, pad out with interviews and shit and then go to the match live.

I've just realised i'm also three LU's behind - are they all worth catching up with?

Gurrry

So.. I totally forgot about Brock vs Bray.

Its official, I fucking hate the Wyatts now.

First off all, the match was billed as Bray vs Brock, no? The past week and even during Roadblock, they were hyping Bray vs Brock.

Then Bray comes out and cuts a decent promo, citing that "The beast has beaten X, Y, and Z... BUT HE HAS NEVER CONQUERED ME! BRAY WYATT!"

And what does he fucking do? Puts Luke shitstain Harper in the ring and doesnt even get involved.

The entire promo he just cut was all for nothing. What a waste of time. Thanks for letting me sit through your entire 10 minute intro to not get the match I thought I was going to get.

Stay free Wyatt.

Angry Grimace

Uh... ok.

AJ/KO on an un-televised house show though? That's a baffling decision. Why not air that regardless? Just call it 'Network Main Event' or something, have an hour of allotted time, pad out with interviews and shit and then go to the match live.

Because you're wasting a feud that probably would get 2 or 3 PPVs if you put it on TV by having them fight for no actual reason.

TMSrxirl.jpg

I thought they commonly experiment with potential programs on house shows. Is that not the case? Wouldn't think they'd want to broadcast KO / Styles if they plan to make something larger of it later.

Man... I like Carmella but maaaaan she needs to really find her own thing so she comes off more as complimenting Enzo and Cass and not siphoning their shtick. I imagine that at least is a part of why NXT crowds didn't like her early on and it might not be an issue on the main roster for a while but she needs something more than what she's currently doing.

Also, seeing as WrassleMania is three weeks away and there has been zero mention of it, it doesn't look like they're doing anything with the whole Stardust/Stephen Amell thing any time soon.

Angry Grimace

Man... I like Carmella but maaaaan she needs to really find her own thing so she comes off more as complimenting Enzo and Cass and not siphoning their shtick. I imagine that at least is a part of why NXT crowds didn't like her early on and it might not be an issue on the main roster for a while but she needs something more than what she's currently doing.

Also, seeing as WrassleMania is three weeks away and there has been zero mention of it, it doesn't look like they're doing anything with the whole Stardust/Stephen Amell thing any time soon.
NXT crowds didn't like her because she was a heel manager of 2 faces.

Menome

There's been interplay between them on social media. Possibly a chance of it propping up the card somewhere and there's still a few weeks to promote it in.

Hex

Banned
There's been interplay between them on social media. Possibly a chance of it propping up the card somewhere and there's still a few weeks to promote it in.

They may save it for SS again (I think it was at SS last year right?)

Recall

I'm watching as much 1999 AJPW as I can get my hands on. Everyone has seen the golden years of AJPW but the final 18 months before NOAH is formed is still outstanding especially with each match and rivalry still playing off all those prior years.

Recall

So.. I totally forgot about Brock vs Bray.

Its official, I fucking hate the Wyatts now.

First off all, the match was billed as Bray vs Brock, no? The past week and even during Roadblock, they were hyping Bray vs Brock.

Then Bray comes out and cuts a decent promo, citing that "The beast has beaten X, Y, and Z... BUT HE HAS NEVER CONQUERED ME! BRAY WYATT!"

And what does he fucking do? Puts Luke shitstain Harper in the ring and doesnt even get involved.

The entire promo he just cut was all for nothing. What a waste of time. Thanks for letting me sit through your entire 10 minute intro to not get the match I thought I was going to get.

Stay free Wyatt.

Why are blaming shitty booking on Bray's shoulders?

Injured WWE star Cesaro recently spoke with Sport 360, and during the interview he once again confirmed he will not be able to get back in the ring in time for WrestleMania 32. However, Cesaro did reveal that doctors have given him a return time frame of two or three months.

“According to the doctors, it’s probably going to be another two or three months. I hate to say it, but [WrestleMania 32] is probably too soon.” Cesaro explained, “it’s like the worst time to be hurt, not that there’s a good time to be hurt, but it’s probably the worst time of the year to be hurt. Missing the Rumble, missing WrestleMania, it’s our high season.”

JavyOO7

Roadblock was fun, wished Ambrose won... but it is what it is. Fun event and more house shows should be in the network. Next one should be without the announcing crew. But if you do have a crew have it be Mauro Ranallo and Corey Graves.

klonere

Banned
Guess they're just blowing it off, which is weird because who is New Day even gonna face?

hastily put together breakup angle activated

actually i very much doubt they are going to do that. I don't think they'd have any problem with LoN vs New Day on WM, we've already got AJ/Jerico IV, a third match between two oversized tag teams is fresh as a daisy by comparison.

Angry Grimace

There just isn't another option because the tag team division is pretty much buried in the ground. Forget Enzo and Cass, they pretty much need American Alpha too.

AHMED ON SHAKY GROUND
Ahmed Johnson (Tony Norris) refused, when asked, to do a clean job to Kurrgan's claw at the Feb. 16 Raw tapings. He left the arena and didn't show up for work the next night at the Feb. 17 Raw tapings. As of deadline Ahmed had not yet been officially fired, but he may soon be dismissed and is at the very least in the doghouse.

From very early on in his stint in the WWF, Ahmed developed an attitude. A few months into his WWF run, Ahmed showed some fellow wrestlers his ranking in Pro Wrestling Illustrated's rankings as evidence that he should be getting a bigger push and a run with a title. He said from an early point that he didn't like doing jobs. WWF wrestlers laughed at him for being a "mark" for himself and not understanding "the business" aspect of wrestling. In the last two years, he has been out with injuries more than he has wrestled, and he has injured others. He was in the WWF's dog house until showing up at the recent training session in good shape. However, his wrestling and interview skills still weren't developing at a satisfactory pace. The WWF's enthusiasm for him had tempered to the point that he was asked to do a squash job to Kurrgan, which he balked at doing.

Because of his reputation, a WCW source says they have no plans to pursue Ahmed should he become free from his WWF contract.

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/exec/view.cgi/17/2939/printer

Angry Grimace

I mean, they have

* Ascension (jobbers to both the main roster and NXT)
* Usos (generic babyfaces)
* League of Nations
* New Day
* Lucha Brothers
* Social Outcasts

I guess the Colon brothers are still technically members of the roster but that supposed repackage hasn't actually occurred. That's a pretty thin fucking roster when you have your hottest act as part of that roster.

Top Bottom