• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

GunBR

omg pikachu is a luchador in pokken

tumblr_nur0ehdpjr1rucakvo1_540.gif

tumblr_ntfyj7lt071qzp9weo1_540.gif
He's short and don't speak english
Never gonna be a draw

GunBR

Bray never wins and his family is a group of jobbers now, but he's in all PPVs and almost always has some storyline on Raw

I doubt WWE will change his character or booking in the near future

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Not surprised that everyone agreed that it makes about 0 sense to have your hot new babyface selling offense for 90% of a match with Stardust.

Not surprised that everyone agreed that it makes about 0 sense to have your hot new babyface selling offense for 90% of a match with Stardust.

I mean as long as it's within Sami's character to be that plucky French-Canadian Arabic ginger ska loving underdog then I guess it's ok. Dude is one of the best at reacting to offense. Watch his first match against Owens at the Takeover special. The combination of his face and him lifting his shoulder up is something to be seen.

If you would've played as aggressive as you did in the last matches we were having for fun the pass would've been yours. I can't wait to battle again in the future.
giphy.gif

yeah, it takes a bit for me to get warmed up and read into people's habits, not to mentioned dropped combos, being predictable myself, etc. I need more practice for sure but this is just me being salty haha.

Games were fun and definitely look forward to playing again. Congrats!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean as long as it's within Sami's character to be that plucky French-Canadian Arabic ginger ska loving underdog then I guess it's ok. Dude is one of the best at reacting to offense. Watch his first match against Owens at the Takeover special. The combination of his face and him lifting his shoulder up is something to be seen.

This is all well and good if he's fighting Owens, but he's fighting Stardust, the most buried of the buried.

Even if they're planning to make Zayn's catchphrase "never fear underdog is here," that doesn't mean he should be getting killed for entire matches by the dregs of the roster.

Syder

Finally got caught up with 'Roadblock'... Jesus Christ, I'm glad I didn't stay up for that one. What the fuck was that Wyatt/Lesnar match?

jmdajr

Watched the Roadblock main event.

HHH should be champ coming out of Mania tbh.

Reigns has had his chase and win so I think it should be HHH as well. Despite the hate he gets on GAF I think he always makes for a good champ and puts up great matches. He's a dominant force in the ring and whoever beats him will come away looking great.

I kind of want that to be Dean but at the same time I would be happy if it was Rollins.
I wish.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like the whole Harley Race as manager deal in early 90's WCW. Especially when he's teamed with Sid as he looks like he could be his surly grandfather.

orioto

Good Art™
I honestly don't know why exactly but i could never believe in that Ambrose/HHH match. It never felt like something i was taking seriously or was into.. at any point... I'm not sure if it's the crowd, the fact that the show didn't looked like a ppv at all (the booking was basically random..) , or the way Ambrose worked the match... But it never worked for me.

Opposite of this.. I start watching the footage of the Owens/AJ, and at first i'm like "ok they're relax here, but i mean they're not gonna make a moty for nothing right.." then the match continues and.. Fuck.. Fuck that honestly it's not even funny how this is not the same league as usual WWE Wrestling, the way they click, the generosity, the variety in the moves... The psychology slowly catching up...I mean it's a weird situation having the WWE acknowledging this, in their own roster.

And then the promo of Owens in the end where (if i heard it right) he didn't do a "i"m a face i'm your friend, but HAHAH i was lying fuck you" thing, but rather a "let's talk real here, you're great and i'm rpoud to work with you, but ok let's come back to kayfabe now.." felt also like this was not the WWE right there.

UberTag

Yup. Give HHH one last good championship run until he drops the belt to Rollins at Summerslam.
This would actually be great booking.
Especially if Shane has taken control of RAW and Triple H is clinging to the belt as his lifeline to stay attached to the WWE product.

Imma break live commentary for a minute but, I never followed or knew shit about ratings back then but the fact that the Tyson Raws did nothing for Raw almost is ashame.

He's doing movies, he's done well for himself.

JR was mocking both Zbyszko and Dusty on commentary in 1997. It's weird.

I was making a link between Big E's killer status and Zbyszkos crusher gimmick when he was in the Dangerous Alliance. However I agree that it's odd that JR was mocking Larry.

Fox318

I want to mean ufc fans who go to events and say "I think that's a work" or "what he needs to do is drop a leg drop there brother"

Looks cool. Hows long did it last? Should I be bummed I missed it?
Ahh those were the good times on SD Zach. I think it went on for 4-6 months. The fact that he lost to Show at Mania was disappointing.

Wait Shamrock called D'Lo a monkey. The fuck?

Top Bottom