• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Anth0ny

Asuka is the best

https://mobile.twitter.com/deathtoallmarks/status/710260960926285824

45E.gif

tumblr_mzax36V9Mp1rx66tdo3_250.gif

eva marie can work the japanese strong style

Kane v Austin at KOTR. Shit. Damn. Hmmm I don't think this is good for Austin.

No, JYD died in a car accident 😔RIP. He was great. Made us proud. He was a good brother.

Ithil

The section of the Observer's Hayabusa biography covering his injury is pretty rough to read
Ten minutes into the match, Hayabusa would go for a quebrada, better known as a lionsault, a move he did as a trademark spot in every match. His foot slipped on the ropes and he landed right on his head. He couldn’t move, but instinctively, told referee Marty Asano to continue the match. Sasaki didn’t know what had happened, as he was waiting for Hayabusa to get up. He got up and tried to stall. He threw some kicks at him. He then grabbed Hayabusa in a chinlock trying to wait for him to recover. He didn’t. Asano, recognizing the gravity of the situation, stopped the match.

It was the main event and the show was over. Hayabusa couldn’t move, but he could talk. He asked for the mic and told the fans he was sorry for what happened and said that it may be a long time before he can come back, and told the fans to please not abandon FMW, saying he loved the promotion enough to risk his life for it.

He was rushed to the hospital and told people that at that moment, he believed he was going to die and started crying hysterically. He had cracked two vertebrae, which resulted in full paralysis from the neck down. When asked how long it would take to recover, the doctors could not give him an answer, saying it was possible he may recover, but there was a good chance he was be bedridden the rest of his life. He claimed that it was humiliating, as he had to wear a diaper and be changed by nurses. He looked at the window and all he wanted to do was to be able to get out of bed for one last time, and jump out the window so he could fly one last time and then die.

His kidneys started to go. His weight dropped from 237 pounds at the time of the accident to 127 pounds. He got an infection in his heart valve that nearly killed him. Drugs were given that caused him to hallucinate. For a long time he couldn’t separate fantasy from reality.

Then it goes to hell for FMW

On February 15, 2002, with attendance having fallen greatly since Hayabusa’s injury and with the company $2 million in debt, President Shoichi Arai announced that FMW was closing down and filing for bankruptcy. Days later Arai called Ezaki, and said that with no more money, they could no longer pay his mounting hospital bills.

Hiromichi Fuyuki opened up a new promotion to give the unemployed wrestlers work, only to find out right after opening that he had cancer of the intestine and would need surgery and have to retire.

Fuyuki visited Ezaki in the hospital and confided in him that he didn’t have long to live. Ezaki said that he was doomed to spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair.

Fuyuki told him, “I don’t have much time left. I already know it’s over for me. But you? Your chances of getting better are not zero. Don’t lose hope. You can do it.”

On May 16, 2002, Arai was found dead in a Tokyo park by a jogger, hung by his own necktie.

Two days earlier, Arai had called Ezaki in the hospital saying he was going to kill himself. Ezaki pleaded with him not to, and believed by the end of the conversation he had talked Arai out of it.

Arai made a speech into a tape recorder before killing himself, saying that he hoped the new company could help support Ezaki and that he was sorry for disappointing everyone.

The section of the Observer's Hayabusa biography covering his injury is pretty rough to read

Then it goes to hell for FMW

Also doesn't help that Arai was using yakuza money to fund FMW

Just twelve days later on February 14, 2002 it would all come crashing down for Shoichi Arai and FMW. Shoichi Arai had borrowing from twenty different Yakuza groups to try and keep FMW a float. Two of the checks that Arai had given out to Yakuza and had paid extra that it not be cashed out would end up getting cashed out just one day before he was set to be given another loan. The cashing of the check and not being able to make it to the bank on time that day resulting in FMW being $ 20,400 dollars overdue. Shoichi Arai would be forced to declare FMW bankrupt for 2.8 million dollars following that on February 15, 2002.

Recommend reading the FMW history website

http://www.fmwwrestling.us/FMWHistory.html

My fiancée just asked me, if Sable died because they were doing tribute to her 😂😂

Why do I give a fuck about a bunch of mid card teenagers in new york. Jesus this dx shit is horrible. 123 is so much better than this.

This week's Observer is outstanding, and the Hayabusa profile is one of the best in quite a while. Great piece on James Blears too.

Anyway, that TNA pic is Mil Muertes/Ricky Banderas during a TNA return as Judas Mesias - a character he played regularly in '07...maybe into '08 that floundered doing garbage matches with Abyss.

TNA, being the brilliant company that they are, has of course had CM Punk, AJ Styles, Mil Muertes, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kazuchika Okada, and a New Japan partnership and squandered all of them.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My fiancée just asked me, if Sable died because they were doing tribute to her 😂😂

Why do I give a fuck about a bunch of mid card teenagers in new york. Jesus this dx shit is horrible. 123 is so much better than this.

She's still your fiancee after you watched all of this wrestling

Bray should just be the mouthpiece and let Strongman do the fighting for him like he should've always been doing. Why the fuck would you fight yourself when you have a giant tank to do your bidding?

Only problem with this is Strongman sucks in the ring and can probably barely work a squash match, ah well gonna have to go with Luke then.

somedevil

There is a clip online from Smackdown tommorrow that aired already in Canada where Mauro says Hirooki goto, New Japan and package piledriver in the Owens vs Styles match.

Jim Herd’s tenure at WCW in the early 90s was a disaster and ideas like these were probably why. Herd had devised a plan for a team called The Hunchbacks to wrestle, with the idea being that the team would never be pinned, due to the hunches on their backs. Just how would this ever work in wrestling? How would a crowd get invested into a hunchback match? Don’t worry, WCW had plenty of other bad ideas to turn to.
This might be the best idea I've ever heard. This was probably more so Hogan's idea of anything.

This proposed idea was even too much for Vince McMahon to handle. Former writer Dan Madigan pitched the idea to McMahon for a character named Baron Von Bava. Who was that? A cryogenically frozen Nazi storm trooper from the 40s who was unfrozen by none other than the Jewish Paul Heyman, who would manage Von Bava. The character would be thawed out by Heyman to wreak havoc on the WWE. He would dress up in a full Nazi outfit, and goose step to the ring. Not knowing he had already killed his writing career in WWE, Madigan even began goose stepping to illustrate to McMahon what the character would do.

After Madigan proudly pitched his idea, he noticed the room was silent. Vince didn’t say one word and put on his jacket, picked up his briefcase and left the room. From that point on, none of Madigan’s ideas were ever considered and he’d because gone from the company months later.

This shit got me dead

This might be the best idea I've ever heard. This was probably more so Hogan's idea of anything.

Imagine fighting a wrestler with one arm

What do you do? You can't pin two shoulders. And if you get him in an armbar, he can't tap. If you're in a no-DQ match with him, you simply can't win!

Undertaker beating King's ass for asking Paul Bearer questions about fucking his mom. Poor Undy, having to go through this.

I'm not sure why, but that has been etched in my memory since it first aired. Anytime I hear about Paul Bearer being Kane's father it's the first thing I think of.

Adree

Lucha Underground was super good. I then fast-forwarded to Asuka making faces in NXT so I'm pretty sure I had a perfect night of wrestling.

Why are American Alpha wearing Marty Jannetty's leftover trunks?

Top Bottom