• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Kaladin

Sting vs Triple H was a true once in a life time Mania event. Two icons from the attitude era who never clashed, or storyline wise, had a reason to.

It was like if we get Tanahashi vs Cena 20 years from now.

Fox318

But is Dan Severn is considered current? ;)

lBquHgn.jpg

Fox318

Sting vs Triple H was a true once in a life time Mania event. Two icons from the attitude era who never clashed, or storyline wise, had a reason to.

It was like if we get Tanahashi vs Cena 20 years from now.

Icon?

HHH is a B+ player from the Attitude Era.

Fox318

WWE revisionist history is that he is an icon and you will like it.

He didn't really reach god tier till after retiring Mick Foley though.

WWE revisionist history has Wrestlemania 2000 as the greatest event ever.

And we all know except for possibly Zach way better than that.

Kaladin

WWE revisionist history has Wrestlemania 2000 as the greatest event ever.

And we all know except for possibly Zach way better than that.

They also point to the invasion as this turning point in the Monday Night Wars like it meant anything other than a funny segment if you were watching Raw that night.

Recall

Mick Folely taking the face/chest bump into the thumbtacks via Triple H's pedigree at Royal Rumble 2000 is still an incredible sight to behold.

Kaladin

In that trailer, I think I saw Dolph in a crowd of fans at the live event holding a cell phone with a picture of Rusev with a bullet in his forehead asking if the fans knew him.

No one did.

What legends would he kill? Dudes 10 or 12 years older than they were when Orton did it?
The so called legend that currently carrying around some gold. He needs to use the Guile quote after. Then there's Cena, Kane. Heck on his comeback he'd be the one that retires Mark Henry

bjork

The so called legend that currently carrying around some gold. He needs to use the Guile quote after. Then there's Cena, Kane. Heck on his comeback he'd be the one that retires Mark Henry

I'll give you Henry and Kane, but Cena or HHH, only in a dream. Even if/when they do the job, they come out looking too strong to be killed.

HHH is legit one of the greats and I don't give a damn what anyone else says. That dude back in the day made the most legit angry I've ever been at a fictional product. When he beat Austin in that 3 stages of hell match I probably would've killed the guy if you let me.

For me HHH is the greatest heel of all time.

I always wonder how little Cena fans felt when Birk squashed him at SS, was it similar to me as a kid? Lol I can't forget that one child yelling for Cena all throughout the match only to get silenced when Bork won.

bjork

More like a C or D for cock and dick references that got old week after week. Val Venis is doing it better because his aren't as forced

but he pumps a super soaker and sprays it! it's like he's beating off all over the crowd! that's a hoot, that wacky DX rebel!

Zach

CHRONOLOGICAL PPV SUPER GRADES!*

I really like the sympathy they're building for Foley. Compelling stuff. Unfortunately there was plenty of bottom-of-the-barrel trash on this PPV, too.

*I forgot the post title earlier. :(

I'll give you Henry and Kane, but Cena or HHH, only in a dream. Even if/when they do the job, they come out looking too strong to be killed.
Even if he can't succeed in taking HHH out, Seth should do a invade private matters type of scenario, start heat with Steph or someone close to bring out P'd off HHH.

You will embrace the hate but it is what it is. But they're so much better at this ACL stuff that he'll come back even better, that's the funny thing

but he pumps a super soaker and sprays it! it's like he's beating off all over the crowd! that's a hoot, that wacky DX rebel!
I can't believe they let them get away with marketing it that way. It was a kids toy! I had one! Nickelodeon was s sponsor!

bjork

I can't believe they let them get away with marketing it that way. It was a kids toy! I had one! Nickelodeon was s sponsor!

If anything, they probably sold more to the older demo than they would've otherwise. Bunch of early teens aping their dumbass unfunny hero on the wrassle show.

Ronin Ray

Am I wrong for feeling like HHH and sting were kind of the same guy? I was always told how bad ass or important they were through story lines, commentators Etc. but when it came time to watch them actually wrestle or talk on the mic they were kinda blah. HHH is better on the mic and was a good heel but I still found them both just bland I guess. They were so built up then the pay off always seemed flat. Granted Sting carried a promotion on his back and they were good workers and always showed up but they never matched there hype for me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Am I wrong for feeling like HHH and sting were kind of the same guy? I was always told how bad ass or important they were through story lines, commentators Etc. but when it came time to watch them actually wrestle or talk on the mic they were kinda blah. HHH is better on the mic and was a good heel but I still found them both just bland I guess. They were so built up then the pay off always seemed flat. Granted Sting carried a promotion on his back and they were good workers and always showed up but they never matched there hype for me.

Sting vs Vader I and II were fantastic things. Did you see those?

Top Bottom