• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

James-Mitchell-TNAwrestling.jpg

What in the hell is this?
Roman Kanes

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I have no idea whatever it was Nakamura said other than the word "Dallas."
KuGsj.gif

Dayum, that episode of Lucha Underground was amazing, and Pentagon Jr. wasn't even apart of it.

At first I thought Mil and Fenix were sticking a little too close to their grave consequences matchup, then the second half happened. They really bring the best out of each other.

Mengetsu

It's TMZ so take it for what it is. People close to Sting are saying he's done and might announce his retirement at the HOF.

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2016/03/17/sting-wwe-injury-retirement/

Long story short ... the wrestling legend messed up his neck real bad at his "WWE Night of Champions" match against Seth Rollins back in September -- and was never able to recover.

Sources connected to Sting tell us he was evaluated by several doctors who all agree -- it's just too risky for the wrestler to get back in the squared circle ... so, he's decided to hang up his singlet.

We're told the 56-year-old was formally diagnosed with cervical spinal stenosis -- a condition affecting the nerves that can result in extreme pain and discomfort.

In fact, it's the same condition that forced fellow WWE superstar Edge to retire in 2011.

Our sources tell us Sting may make his official announcement next month at the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony in Texas ... but we're told it's a done deal.

As far as Sting's future -- it's up in the air. We're told Sting is open to a non-physical role with the company ... but we're told no formal offer has been made.

Sting was a legend in the ring ... rising to superstardom in the late '80s before becoming the face of the WCW and a huge fan favorite in the WWE.

#Respect

klonere

Banned
Observer notes

Even though the stereotype is that NASCAR draws a lesser demo, the same stigma as pro wrestling, the stigma isn’t as bad since NASCAR charges $187,650 for a 30 second spot on FOX and $123,000 for a similar spot on NBC. For the year, NASCAR is expected to generate $700 million in ad revenue between the two networks while Raw & Smackdown on USA, with similar ratings, will do about $160 million. And that’s the difference right there.

NASCAR is more palatable to advertisers than wrasslin',

This might be the best idea I've ever heard. This was probably more so Hogan's idea of anything.

I heard about this, think it was in someone's autobio. Someone suggested digging a hole and having a falls count anywhere match to finally pick up a victory, putting their hump in the hole while they pin them

Zach

Finally listening to the Austin podcast with Vince Russo. Three things from near the end:

1) Austin didn't know what a millennial was when McMahon mentioned it to him on the podcast.
2) Russo didn't know when Austin mentioned this to him.
3) Russo is the only person (besides McMahon, of course) that I've heard answer "sports entertainment" to "pro wrestling or sports entertainment?"

Bro bro bro Steve Steve you'll appreciate this bro bro Steve.

Fox318

Finally listening to the Austin podcast with Vince Russo. Three things from near the end:

1) Austin didn't know what a millennial was when McMahon mentioned it to him on the podcast.
3) Russo is the only person (besides McMahon, of course) that I've heard answer "sports entertainment" to "pro wrestling or sports entertainment?"

Somewhere Cornette is losing it

Caderfix

Sting should be A Manager like Paul Heyman.

Who Would be a good Candidate? Balor?

Seth Rollins, the two of them should end the authority. Rollins being a beast in the ring and cutting regular promos while Sting is in political back stage segment promos and by ring side, mostly so Rollins doesn't get overexposed like he did when he was the champ.

Recall

Also doesn't help that Arai was using yakuza money to fund FMW

Recommend reading the FMW history website

http://www.fmwwrestling.us/FMWHistory.html

Thank you for that link, it was a fantastic read.

Make sure you bookmark and or keep a hard copy of all that incredible FMW text.

Actual websites dedicated to puro are seemingly a thing of the past and while the history of American wrestling has been covered to death, the history of Japan and its influence just isn't covered at all.

scabro

"iiiinteresting" - stone cold after every time russo said something lmao

I thought the whole "bro" thing was just people exaggerating. But the fucker really does just talk like that.

Also he really hates Steph.

Seth Rollins, the two of them should end the authority. Rollins being a beast in the ring and cutting regular promos while Sting is in political back stage segment promos and by ring side, mostly so Rollins doesn't get overexposed like he did when he was the champ.

Oh my god that might be amazing.

Zach

"iiiinteresting" - stone cold after every time russo said something lmao

I think he busted out the "iiinteresting" every time he didn't agree or thought Russo was being a little nutty.

That being said, the guy had some good points and iiinteresting insight from time to time. It's apparent that he needs an editor, though, for his ideas to be useful.

Zach

I love Arn Anderson.

"What, are you gonna pull up in a sports car, all smiles with pretty teeth? Brother, this is not a toothpaste commercial! It's professional wrestling!"

:D

Zach

Man, this is great TV. JJ Dillon, Benoit, and -- cough -- Mongo pleading with Arn to put the Horsemen back together. Arn is so good. Looks at his arm, powerless, and asks "why are you doing this to me?" ;_;

Fox318

We could have gotten Taker vs Sting instead we got HHH pretending to be Flair and using the match to sell ad time to a Terminator movie and STING is saved by the nWo before jobbing.

And we had Bray vs Taker with 0 build plus Bray was injured.

Somebody should tell HHH that Flair practically never won.

We could have gotten Taker vs Sting instead we got HHH pretending to be Flair and using the match to sell ad time to a Terminator movie and STING is saved by the nWo before jobbing.

You dont remember the year long feud where Sting and the NWO parterned together? It was super iconic!

Fox318

You dont remember the year long feud where Sting and the NWO parterned together? It was super iconic!

If the Stinger had red facepaint on then I would have believed the nWo trying to save him.

Maybe Luger could have rolled down the ramp and helped.

They should've had HHH wrestle nWo Sting, then when he gets the pin, the real Sting comes out and drops him.

This would have been amazing.

imagine this at wrestlemania

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwa4kQI3nZ4

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Meh. Taker vs Sting probably would have sucked even worse. At least Trips vs Sting gave me an AMAZING entrance and the Trips win made me reallly happy.

Top Bottom