• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Not exactly on board with this Matt Riddle stuff - Thatcher/Riddle felt like a mediocre RINGS match at times and the finish was weird. Gargano/Sabre was easily MOTN, Hero/Williams was good as well but got a bit too near-fall happy down the stretch.

Saw this at Target today. Who do you think it is?

q0HexJj.jpg

It's Randy Savage.

What the fuck?

somedevil

Well this is big TNA news:

Former TNA champions Bobby Roode and Eric Young will be finishing their TNA commitments at tonight's Impact Wrestling taping in Orlando, Florida, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

The story making the rounds is that Roode and Young each requested releases from their TNA deals and their working this past week's Impact Wrestling tapings were part of those agreements.

Roode, 39, is currently one half of the TNA Tag Team champions Beer Money, an act that was just resurrected at the onset of the year with the return of James Storm to the company. Roode has been a good soldier for the company, debuting in 2004 as part of the Team Canada group and slowly made his way up the ladder, eventually winning the TNA championship. We are told that Roode is a free agent as of tomorrow.

Poor James Storm. Went back to TNA just for Roode to leave and possibility take a spot on NXT.

RBH

Two former TNA World Champions have been granted their release from TNA tonight:

Former TNA champions Bobby Roode and Eric Young will be finishing their TNA commitments at tonight's Impact Wrestling taping in Orlando, Florida, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

The story making the rounds is that Roode and Young each requested releases from their TNA deals and their working this past week's Impact Wrestling tapings were part of those agreements.

Roode, 39, is currently one half of the TNA Tag Team champions Beer Money, an act that was just resurrected at the onset of the year with the return of James Storm to the company. Roode has been a good soldier for the company, debuting in 2004 as part of the Team Canada group and slowly made his way up the ladder, eventually winning the TNA championship. We are told that Roode is a free agent as of tomorrow.

The current King of the Mountain champion, Young, 36, has been with TNA since 2004 as well. Something of a chameleon for the promotion, Young has filled every role imaginable for the promotion - from paranoid underdog babyface to foreign menace villain to masked super hero to most recently out of his mind evil villain over the course of the 12 years he was with the company. Young was also the host and star of several Animal Planet reality series. Young and the company had been negotiating a new deal but Young made the decision to instead ask for a release to the company. Young is also a free agent as of tomorrow.

While Roode has not publicly commented, Young wrote the following on Twitter earlier today, "Heading to the building and thinking back on the last 12 years....... What a wild ride!!!!"

PWInsider has reached out to TNA and has been told a statement is forthcoming.
http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=100660

I'm very interested to see if Roode will get a look from the WWE/NXT.

Isn't Bobby Roode like 6'2? Dude has one of the best spinebusters in wrasslin today and I wouldn't mind an NXT run. Hell give me Roode/Aries in the 2016 Dusty classic vs American Alpha and that would be money!

somedevil

Meltzer going in on TNA in his spoilers report. Here is the title of the article on the site:

TNA TV TAPING RESULTS FOR EARLY APRIL: GOOSE IS COOKED

Then his commentary during these two hilarious spoilers:

- Velvet Sky beat Marti Bell after Earl Hebner kissed Bell. Earl Hebner then sold like he had a heart attack after counting the finish. Stuff like this is when you know the goose is cooked.

- Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy argued and it ended up with a match between the two of them set. The loser can no longer use the name Hardy. Stuff like this is when you know the goose is cooked.

JavyOO7

Oh man, if Bobby was early 30s instead of late 30s, he'd probably be in a good place in NXT. But maybe he wants to call it a career and be a trainer instead?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Roode is 39.

I can't see it unless they think he is a coach.

NXT had James Storm on until he left and he's like the same age. I don't think they care about bringing in older guys as long as they don't expect to get promoted to the main roster.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Storm was also a close friend of Billy Gunn.

Well, I'm not saying its gonna happen, I'm just saying age is kind of a whatever consideration.

I'm not really sure what they have in the pipeline in terms of "tomorrow's biggest superstars" though. They've got Finn and Joe and not a lot else I can see making a big impact on the roster. Plus, they're both north of 35.

Well, I'm not saying its gonna happen, I'm just saying age is kind of a whatever consideration.

I'm not really sure what they have in the pipeline in terms of "tomorrow's biggest superstars" though. They've got Finn and Joe and not a lot else I can see making a big impact on the roster. Plus, they're both north of 35.
One thing I learned about wrestling, you start having some of your greatest years between 30-40 now. It's really crazy how that works compared to other sports.

Angry Grimace

One thing I learned about wrestling, you start having some of your greatest years between 30-40 now. It's really crazy how that works compared to other sports.

All of these dudes have a shitload of miles on them and with some of them its all hard driving indie flippy miles.

Isn't Bobby Roode like 6'2? Dude has one of the best spinebusters in wrasslin today and I wouldn't mind an NXT run. Hell give me Roode/Aries in the 2016 Dusty classic vs American Alpha and that would be money!

he's listed at 6'0 which means he's probably closer to 5'9. Not sure his age would preclude him from getting work in NXT though. Samoa Joe is old as fuck too.

he's listed at 6'0 which means he's probably closer to 5'9. Not sure his age would preclude him from getting work in NXT though. Samoa Joe is old as fuck too.

Hahaha gotta love a little wrassling embellishment. Its fascinating because he and Storm seem to tower over most of their opponents but then again Davey Richards is as tall as the average 4th grade girl.

James Storm. I am sorry about your damn luck.

(Hopefully that dude is still getting paid. Could not blame him if TNA was offering 4x what he would have got at NXT. Worst case is you get paid way better for a few months until TNA dies)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Was watching Botchamania 300 and there's a bit with RVD vs Eddie and some fan jumps in the ring and knocks the ladder off under Eddie, what the fuck, was that real or a plant?

Top Bottom