• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

'legit pro wrestler'

i want you to think about that for a minute

0a8cm9f.gif

This is dumb obviously it's Taker dressed as Kane. Kane didn't have tattoos. They should've had Taker wear long sleeves of they wanted to make us believe. I may be 6 but I'm not that dumb.

Wtf Taker was driving the hearse.

Kuroyume

Banned
I want a 3 way for the IC title at mania

KO
AJ
Jericho

I'd be interested in a 5 way if you'd lump Sami and Miz in there but I feel like that would be sloppy.

I am very curious how Lana works out on her own.

Even if the rumours of her not being great in the ring are true she does have a character and on screen personality which is more you can say for most of the female roster.

And I feel like carrying someone who is terrible is what WWE womens wrestling has been about for the last decade so carrying dead weight through a match is nothing new for those women so if they want her to get over she will get over.

If the hiac didn't kill mankind then that Spike tombstone piledriver did. They're ruthless and is not even funny m

A wall of fire on Scsa. Wtf.

Cagey

Banned
I think the concern is that she's not going to be a mid-card heel. The goal is for her to be an eventual champeen, and that rubs people the wrong way. Because she is really, really bad.
I can get on board with that concern. Her as champion only works if she's got a whole squadron of bodyguards and sycophants propping her up. Would be fun for a few months.

Her as Kelly Kelly would be bad.

This 4 way with Shamrock, Owen, Dan, and Blackman is the best.

Can't wait for Sunday for the lions den match.

Mankind wtf is his problem coming down the ramp with a stretcher.

Sable back to wearing that jumper 😧. Of course she would be friends with the oddities. She's weird because she wears the same clothes and thinks it's fine.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can get on board with that concern. Her as champion only works if she's got a whole squadron of bodyguards and sycophants propping her up. Would be fun for a few months.

Her as Kelly Kelly would be bad.
Every time someone tries to describe what they think Eva's character is supposed to be it sounds like Alexa Bliss but the person playing the character sucks at wrestling and acting.

RBH

It was so sad to watch Jim Neidhart and British Bulldog in WCW in 1998. Both were overdue for retirement at that point.

Zach

It was so sad to watch Jim Neidhart and British Bulldog in WCW in 1998. Both were overdue for retirement at that point.
Yeah, it's been ugly.

And now Hennig is wearing shorts in this match against Malenko. What is happening on this third anniversary show of Nitro?!

One hour away from tonight's Evolve show (Evolve 56), which looks pretty good:

EVOLVE Championship Match: Timothy Thatcher (c) vs. Matt Riddle
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Johnny Gargano
Team Tremendous (Dan Barry & Bill Carr) vs. The Premier Athlete Brand (Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley) with Andrea
Chris Hero vs. Tracy Williams
Sami Callihan vs. TJ Perkins
Drew Gulak vs. Fred Yehi
Ethan Page vs. Mike Bailey

Thatcher vs. Riddle, Sabre vs. Gargano, and Hero vs. Williams all could be excellent.

I'm watching NXT for the first time, it's whatever the most recent episode was.

I feel like this ska dude could have been a bit gimmickier. All the ska kids I ever knew in real life were like awkward and sugar bombed posi to the max.

The Hype Bros gimmick got old pretty fast and I say this as an admirer of the Jersey Shore.

This women's tag team match is far more entertaining than the WWE diva stuff so far. Asuka is pretty rad. So far these women are the only ones with any real presence in NXT. Sadly none of the dudes are remotely good on the mic.

In April 2000, Eric Bischoff and Vince Russo would join forces in a vain attempt at saving WCW and rekindling the magic that once was for the promotion. However, it was soon proven to WCW fans that magic is fake.

With the reboot came the decision to vacate each and every championship within the promotion. The main prize – the WCW World Heavyweight Championship – was to be decided in tournament form.

The winner and man chosen to lead WCW back to the promise land was Jeff Jarrett; a lifetime mid-card wrestler who in spite of his own opinion never had the star power to draw in the main event.

Rofl! Lordy here's another good one.

In May of 2000 – on an episode of Nitro – “Nature Boy” Ric Flair would prove once again why we was The Man as he would defeat Jeff Jarrett for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship; making Flair a fifteen-time title holder.

However, the following Monday would see Ric Flair stripped of the WCW World Heavyweight Championship as Vince Russo – once again in all his wisdom – would cause another short title reign.

Who would succeed Ric Flair this time as WCW World Heavyweight Champion? Vince Russo’s handpick boy, Jeff Jarrett. Once again placing the strap on the guy who nobody was paying to watch.

Top Bottom