• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Did/Does anyone actually like Jarrett and any one of his angles?

Yes: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m6S2ysN5izk
JJ_crop_north.png

It's great. The lady friend and I have been playing it since release. One day we'll finish it. One day.

I absolutely love everything about the game. I just can't give it the time it needs for me to fully play the game. I'm somewhere around 220 puzzles in with maybe 3 or 4 lazers left, but two of the areas I have left are easily the most difficult (Quarry & Swamp). I don't have any other pressing games. I think I just want to exist in that world and randomly solve puzzles. I go through periods during the work week where I want to play. I should bring my vita to my office and play during my lunch...

Zach

I absolutely love everything about the game. I just can't give it the time it needs for me to fully play the game. I'm somewhere around 220 puzzles in with maybe 3 or 4 lazers left, but two of the areas I have left are easily the most difficult (Quarry & Swamp). I don't have any other pressing games. I think I just want to exist in that world and randomly solve puzzles. I go through periods during the work week where I want to play. I should bring my vita to my office and play during my lunch...
Playing it has been really good for me. I'm like, why even bother with these disposable shooty games? I don't even get to enjoy the sights; too busy shooting. I don't know if those thoughts will stick, but I'm not at all tempted to play The Division, for example, even though my friends are telling me it's great. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Anyway, The Witness is truly lovely.

Lothar

Banned
Did/Does anyone actually like Jarrett and any one of his angles?

PxP3Tp2.png

Yes, I liked him and I was happy when he won those WCW titles. He was a capable wrestler and a good heel. He also had a fun gimmick that didn't take himself too seriously. I mean he called people slapnuts as an insult. He didn't win matches because he was great, he won them because he was the chosen one. In the WWF he came to the ring on a sparkling horse and wore glow in the dark clothes. He spelled out his name, had a goofy laugh, and hit people with guitars. It was silly fun. The little that I've seen of him in TNA was boring but he was good in WWF and WCW.

Playing it has been really good for me. I'm like, why even bother with these disposable shooty games? I don't even get to enjoy the sights; too busy shooting. I don't know if those thoughts will stick, but I'm not at all tempted to play The Division, for example, even though my friends are telling me it's great. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Anyway, The Witness is truly lovely.

Oh yeah, I'm def. over the shooter stuff. I bought a WiiU 2 years before I bought the PS4 b/c I became that disinterested in AAA games. I pretty much bought the PS4 for Witness and Firewatch with the intent to play No Man Sky when it releases.

Mahonay

Banned
Fuck man. Eddie's face promo at Starrcade 95 approaches Jumpin Jeff Farmer levels of bad. Thank god he found his niche as a heel.

Mahonay

Banned
What a staggering upgrade in general work rate for Starrcade 95 is coming off of Starrcade 94.

Schiavone - "Alex Wright having to be restrained by Nick Patrick."
Heenan - "He shoulda been restrained before he went in for that haircut."

LOL

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What a staggering upgrade in general work rate for Starrcade 95 is coming off of Starrcade 94.

Schiavone - "Alex Wright having to be restrained by Nick Patrick."
Heenan - "He shoulda been restrained before he went in for that haircut."

LOL

Next year is a fun one for good matches, but it's also like the prototypical WCW boom period show where the undercard is fantastic and the last 45 minutes of the show are awful.

Rumors for the Day:

Apparently WWE has at least one more big surprise planned before WrestleMania 32.

The two-hour WrestleMania 32 pre-show could feature up to three matches this year, including the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal.

Mick Foley's role at WrestleMania 32 could very well be playing some part in the Dean Ambrose vs. Brock Lesnar match.

Apparently there are people within WWE upset that NXT Takeover: Dallas wasn't promoted as a part of WrestleMania 32 weekend events.

According to the Observer, NXT will be taping at least a month of television during WrestleMania Axxess.

Mahonay

Banned
Dusty Rhodes is the fucking worst on commentary. Apparently any moves his fat ass couldn't do in the ring shouldn't be called by their actual names. He's having a conniption now over Tony calling a German Suplex. SHUT THE FUCK UP DUSTY.

RBH

Dusty Rhodes is the fucking worst on commentary. Apparently any moves his fat ass couldn't do in the ring shouldn't be called by their actual names. He's having a conniption now over Tony calling a German Suplex. SHUT THE FUCK UP DUSTY.

Get out.

Dusty Rhodes' commentary is fucking awesome.

Schiavone/Heenan/Dusty commentary team = aces

Speaking of Foley and the Attitudinal Era, I've been on a bit of a nostalgia kick recently, more so concerning the vibe and production style of the era, and I came across this little piece from the end of Raw with Austin, Foley, and Vince.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFg-qCSeLXE

The feel and camerawork in this is subtly so much better than what they do these days. The little push ins/zooms, the PERFECT cuts to and from Vince and Austin (seriously, it's like watching something they've already cut to be highlight footage), the energy of the shots, the dumb tilt angles. And of course Austin corpsing because who wouldn't. Not even a great end to the show but it's still so good.

Adree

Speaking of Foley and the Attitudinal Era, I've been on a bit of a nostalgia kick recently, more so concerning the vibe and production style of the era, and I came across this little piece from the end of Raw with Austin, Foley, and Vince.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFg-qCSeLXE

The feel and camerawork in this is subtly so much better than what they do these days. The little push ins/zooms, the PERFECT cuts to and from Vince and Austin (seriously, it's like watching something they've already cut to be highlight footage), the energy of the shots, the dumb tilt angles. And of course Austin corpsing because who wouldn't. Not even a great end to the show but it's still so good.

It reminds me that when Jim Ross is calling things I listen but when Cole is I've already tuned him out completely.

Top Bottom