• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Kaladin

The way they kept Taker and Yokozuna away from each other until the first casket match was awesome. And how they made Taker lose, he was still credible! Even though the Casket match is HIS match. Then the two stayed away from each other again until this match. That was great booking.

I always liked the Royal Rumble casket match better than the Survivor Series rematch myself. It took a locker room of heels to destroy Taker. To this day that finish is one of my all time favorites.

I always liked the Royal Rumble casket match better than the Survivor Series rematch myself. It took a locker room of heels to destroy Taker. To this day that finish is one of my all time favorites.
Same here, then the voodoo shit at the end about the spirit living in. Cheesy but once you see where they're going it is cool. They did such a swell job making him look strong and making him not take clean defeats.

iMax

CHfptC2.png

Also, what the fuck is hustle booty temp tats? Paul is basically a dirty old man, at this point.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Crazy idea... but maybe they should give the entire roster a Mania bonus regardless of whether they're inserted into a nothing match for a 30-second spot or not. Like, does Tyler Breeze deserve a Mania bonus because he spends a hiccup in the ARMBAR before The Ascension eliminates him? No. It's an arbitrary thing. Just give them the bonus without fucking up the card of your biggest show of the year. Did they go out of their way to give The Brooklyn Brawler a spot on the Mania card back in the early 90s so he could get a Mania bonus? No, they didn't.

The rumor was that PPV bonuses were eliminated a couple of years ago and Meltzer said he doesn't really know if they do or not. That was supposedly part of the reason why CM Punk left. The bonuses were always said to be discretionary anyways. They put them all on the card because the wrestlers want to be a part of a 90,000 person wrestling event.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Y'all hadn't heard about #HustleBootyTempTats? You also forgot the hashtag.

Sephzilla

The only thing I don't like about the Taker/Yoko Rumble match is the Taker monologue at the end of it. Right when Undertaker's eyes open up I would have had the screen cut to black and have smoke come out of the casket, and that be it.

Fox318

honestly I hope they do another urfight but double up the card

For each carny fight/match they should have a normal one to space it out.

Greco Roman
BJJ match
Pro Wrestling
Catch Wrestling
Boxing
KickBoxing vs Muay Tai
Pancrease Style MMA match
Unified Rules MMA match

kiguel182

I loved the crowd no selling Vince announcing that if Undertaker looses, this Wrestlemania will be his last. There was barely even an audible "oooh" from the crowd.

It's crazy to me that anyone cares about Taker in 2016. Let the man retire already. The only sane way to react to that segment is with a "sounds good".

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I would be okay if the Undertaker stopped wrestling. Dude is really old to still be wrestling and as a part time guy he doesn't do anything nearly as cool as Lesnar does.

UberTag

The rumor was that PPV bonuses were eliminated a couple of years ago and Meltzer said he doesn't really know if they do or not. That was supposedly part of the reason why CM Punk left. The bonuses were always said to be discretionary anyways. They put them all on the card because the wrestlers want to be a part of a 90,000 person wrestling event.
If they want to be a part of a 90,000 person wrestling event perhaps they should earn their spot on the card in the biggest Wrestlemania of all-time instead of being gifted one for showing up to work.

And the sensible best of both worlds solution to get everyone involved while not diluting your card is to build big matches with logical programs and to get the other guys involved by letting them participate in elaborate ring entrances. Like this guy once did...

tumblr_muqppj3RKQ1sk04h3o1_250.gif

Kaladin

It's crazy to me that anyone cares about Taker in 2016. Let the man retire already. The only sane way to react to that segment is with a "sounds good".

Well, usually calling someone else your bitch or making a retirement stipulation would get a reaction out of people. Whoever it is.

I really want King Barrett and Neville to start a tag team called Job Centre Plus.
I can see it now...
Barrett suddenly has to leave mid match to sign on or risk a sanction, Neville left as the face in peril for 20 minutes as Barrett tries to rush through his appointment and return in time for a hot tag.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
If they want to be a part of a 90,000 person wrestling event perhaps they should earn their spot on the card in the biggest Wrestlemania of all-time instead of being gifted one for showing up to work.

Yeah, if you can't make the cut in a show with a 20 man battle royal, sorry. There's absolutely no reason to shit up KOMania. KO vs Zayn is a match that belongs "on the grandest stage of all" as they always call it. Shit like this just devalues the Wrestlemania brand.

Angry Grimace

And the sensible best of both worlds solution to get everyone involved while not diluting your card is to build big matches with logical programs and to get the other guys involved by letting them participate in elaborate ring entrances. Like this guy once did...

Wrestling is fake you can't actually "earn" anything; if we're talking about earning stuff why is Sami Zayn on the card at all? Dude has literally like 4 matches on WWE TV.

Yeah, if you can't make the cut in a show with a 20 man battle royal, sorry. There's absolutely no reason to shit up KOMania. KO vs Zayn is a match that belongs "on the grandest stage of all" as they always call it. Shit like this just devalues the Wrestlemania brand.

Zayn should probably feel happy he got promoted into a spot at WrestleMania as opposed to being upset he didn't get a big singles match. Basically the same match last year was a fun match. Would I prefer they cut the three extra guys? Sure, I guess, but I sincerely doubt any of them are going to do much other than eat moves from KO, Ziggler, Zayn and the Miz.

GunBR

Damn this face push. New Day are the perfect heels.
I saw a lot of people complaining here
But besides they stop saying "your city sucks and your local sports team will never win a championship" I don't see huge differences in the New Day promos since their face turn

kiguel182

Well, usually calling someone else your bitch or making a retirement stipulation would get a reaction out of people. Whoever it is.

But Taker has like one match per year. One match that isn't even that good anymore. Him retiring isn't that much different from him being there for one event a year. Whatever.

It's getting really hard to care about anything on the WWE right now.

Angry Grimace

I saw a lot of people complaining here
But besides they stop saying "your city sucks and your local sports team will never win a championship" I don't see huge differences in the New Day promos since their face turn

It's wrestling on the internet

Kaladin

New Day as babyfaces is odd....they look like a kid friendly gimmick, but at the same time they call everything booty and talk about Booty-O's cereal and wear dildos on their heads.

Sephzilla

People have been claiming that Nintendo was doomed ever since the DS. Never happy unless it's doom and gloom.

They're not doomed, but it's hard to ignore the downward trend in their system sales, Wii being the exception. The fluke known as the Wii was basically a shot in the arm that gave them a massive financial life preserver.

Top Bottom