• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No but it's finally his time, to etch his name on that Andre trophy...if they actually etch names onto it.
Can't think of anyone more deserving in that match to be honest.

WELLLLLLLLLL

and he actually one a royal rumble, in 2000. Rock even admitted it.

Thats right it was you, You called it segment for segment, I was watching it and thought how you were 98% right.

I can't believe this close to WM, and KO is the most interesting thing going on, because he actually has talent on the mic.
I was surprised that KO got as many segments as he did. He had at least 40 minutes of Raw. They must have faith in him and planning something later in the year(mitb).

But the rest was a waste.

Browny

Banned
I was surprised that KO got as many segments as he did. He had at least 40 minutes of Raw. They must have faith in him and planning something later in the year(mitb).

I remember Rollins would get a decent amount of exposure after the Shield split - yes, it was obvious he was being groomed for greatness, but still, they could have slowed him a little if they'd wanted to.

I don't want to see Owens with the case; in fact they should just trash the case, it's a stale gimmick now.

WWE's website just spoke with 2016 WWE Hall of Famer Sting about the induction and his in-ring future. The full interview can be found at this link. Sting revealed that he did not have surgery after suffering the neck injury in the WWE Night of Champions match with Seth Rollins last year. Sting saw two neurologists, one in Houston and WWE's Dr. Joseph Maroon, and both said the same thing - Sting wasn't having any of the side effects he should have had. Sting said he's feeling good and completely normal. Below are highlights from the interview:

It had been reported that you were diagnosed with spinal stenosis. Is that diagnosis now inaccurate?

"I am not saying that is inaccurate. I'm agreeing there probably is spinal stenosis or cervical spinal stenosis. I have had certain doctors tell me, 'You know, so many athletes of all ages, they've got this. They deal with it to some degree or another.' I had one doctor here tell me, 'You're fine, you're okay — you don't have anything to worry about.' And then wrestlers say, 'I'd see this doctor.' 'No, I'd see this one over there.' I'm telling you, it's just craziness. So I'm thinking, as long as I'm feeling good, why am I going to do anything? And the one thing everyone has said is don't go under the knife unless you absolutely have to."

Had you not had this injury setback last September, do you think we would have you seen performing at WrestleMania this year? Or, is that just too tough a question to answer because of all the variables?

"Oh no, it's an easy one to answer: Yes. If I had my way, yes, of course. I would have loved to have done one more WrestleMania and I would have called it quits at that point. The Undertaker match — that's what I wanted to do. "

Had there been any early discussions prior to the injury of what your role could be at WrestleMania 32? Or, was it just something that you had in your mind?

"Yes, it was in my mind, of course, but everyone knew that I definitely wanted to have that one match. And, of course, WrestleMania would have been the place to do it. But, I got hurt and the rest is history."

No but it's finally his time, to etch his name on that Andre trophy...if they actually etch names onto it.
Can't think of anyone more deserving in that match to be honest.
I agree with you. Kane is long overdue for winning something/anything. I'm surprised he doesn't campaign for any title run. I think he still has enough juice in him to hold a title.

jmdajr

giphy.gif

lamest moment since...

Screen%2BShot%2B2015-03-29%2Bat%2B4.20.48%2Bpm.png

I remember Rollins would get a decent amount of exposure after the Shield split - yes, it was obvious he was being groomed for greatness, but still, they could have slowed him a little if they'd wanted to.

I don't want to see Owens with the case; in fact they should just trash the case, it's a stale gimmick now.
When they made MITB a ppv they kinda fucked it up. They could've rotated between KoTR and MiTB. Which ever didn't get the ppv could've been at Mania.

Was thinking more about what Show said about "Big Men". What other big men from the E would even be in the discussion? Off the top of my head I can only think of the following "big" wrestlers:

Kane & Taker
Big John Stud
Kali
Giant Gonzalez
Yeti (LOL)

Not really sure who else would go in there? Still even with that list the first three were under 7 foot, but a lot more lean in build. Kali and Giant Gonzalez were tall as hell, but also lanky as shit.

I really can't think of anyone else was pushed 7 foot or more and were pushing 400+

Sephzilla

Was thinking more about what Show said about "Big Men". What other big men from the E would even be in the discussion? Off the top of my head I can only think of the following "big" wrestlers:

Kane & Taker
Big John Stud
Kali
Giant Gonzalez
Yeti (LOL)

Not really sure who else would go in there? Still even with that list the first three were under 7 foot, but a lot more lean in build. Kali and Giant Gonzalez were tall as hell, but also lanky as shit.

I really can't think of anyone else was pushed 7 foot or more and were pushing 400+

QXpUCha.gif

I know this has been talked about and he's pretty well hated, but how did the E screw up the Wyatt's SO BADLY. Watching WM 30 and 31 the psychology of the stories with Taker & Cena are just too good. How in the hell do they drop the ball this bad?

Sephzilla

I know this has been talked about and he's pretty well hated, but how did the E screw up the Wyatt's SO BADLY. Watching WM 30 and 31 the psychology of the stories with Taker & Cena are just too good. How in the hell do they drop the ball this bad?

The short answer is they never let him win. Everything with his Cena feud post WM30 was awful for the Wyatt family. Then after he's done feuding with Cena, Jericho puts him over only for Wyatt to become Cena food in order to make Cena look strong again after Brock at Summerslam. And then Bray puts up Ls to Undertaker and Kane.

Wins and losses matter, people.

The short answer is they never let him win. Everything with his Cena feud post WM30 was awful for the Wyatt family. Then after he's done feuding with Cena, Jericho puts him over only for Wyatt to become Cena food in order to make Cena look strong again after Brock at Summerslam. And then Bray puts up Ls to Undertaker and Kane.

Brian Armstrong said they don't, so I'm going to listen to the booker over you 👍

They're fucking idiots

Kane & Taker
Big John Stud
Kali
Giant Gonzalez
Yeti (LOL)

Akeem was 6'9 but thought he was a little agile for his size

jmdajr

Don't forget the L's against Roman!

sora87

I didn't think adding more matches to the mania card would make it worse but good lawd, aj and y2j for what seems like the 100th time already, league of bore and new day in a no sense match, a quickly flung together shit show of a IC title ladder match. I know all the injuries screwed things up but they still could have done a better job than this surely

I agree with the argument that you can have heels lose and still be great story tellers (Henning, Martel, Rude, DiBiase, Farooq, etc) but I think I see your bigger point. You don't build up these guys as POWERFUL then get squased in back to back stories.

I didn't think adding more matches to the mania card would make it worse but good lawd, aj and y2j for what seems like the 100th time already, league of bore and new day in a no sense match, a quickly flung together shit show of a IC title ladder match. I know all the injuries screwed things up but they still could have done a better job than this surely

I like that the US title holder is a wrestler recently spotlighted for a major ladder spot (and slammy award!) but defends his title against Ryback in what looks like the most dubious match up on the card.

Meanwhile the actual multi man ladder clusterfuck inserts itself into a potentially strong singles outing between Owens and Zayn.

Ah well.
I'm of the mindest that New Day/LoN was a good idea, they just executed it like booty as New Day would say.
It hurts knowing that the members of the League of Nations could easily match the comedic chops for some actual fun back and forth between the teams but instead get no promo time and just stand around glaring.

well okay, maybe not ADR.

The only possible stakes you can add to a Undertaker match now is his retirement.

I think it would be cool if he got "one more run" ala Flairs WWE retirment run where the stipulation is the next time he loses he retires and that hangs over him for a few months before finally losing at Survivor Series or something.

Fox318

The only possible stakes you can add to a Undertaker match now is his retirement.

I think it would be cool if he got "one more run" ala Flairs WWE retirment run where the stipulation is the next time he loses he retires and that hangs over him for a few months before finally losing at Survivor Series or something.

does he then tour in Australia and job to hogan?

Fox318

Meltzer all but said that the Rock is showing up in the New Day match

They want to get the new day over to a broader audience and they will probably make Wade eat everything since his ass is out the door.

Rock will probably come in do the peoples elbow then leave after picking up his WCW Hogan sized check

Sephzilla

I agree with the argument that you can have heels lose and still be great story tellers (Henning, Martel, Rude, DiBiase, Farooq, etc) but I think I see your bigger point. You don't build up these guys as POWERFUL then get squased in back to back stories.

And as jmdajr mentioned, there were L's to Roman in there too. Plus if I remember right he needed an exploding LCD TV in order to beat Dean Ambrose. The last major feud that Bray Wyatt actually won was against Chris fucking Jericho in 2014. While Bray needs to win some feuds, he's also a solid case for why jobber matches need to come back.

And as jmdajr mentioned, there were L's to Roman in there too. Plus if I remember right he needed an exploding LCD TV in order to beat Dean Ambrose. The last major feud that Bray Wyatt actually won was against Chris fucking Jericho in 2014. While Bray needs to win some feuds, he's also a solid case for why jobber matches need to come back.

And even in the Jericho feud, he lost the first match

Fox318

Maybe they know about the reigns reaction and this has all gone according to plan?

When Roman turns heel maybe they hope he has a rock like turnaround in popularity?

Hex

Banned

Kane & Taker
Big John Stud
Kali
Giant Gonzalez
Yeti (LOL)

Bruiser Brody was 6'8

Top Bottom