• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You can take the man out of the carny, but you can't take the carny out of the man. Guy wants to wrestle again.

There's no fucking way he's THAT stupid.

He probably is, but I can't imagine he'd be doing that

Mike also once asked Punk who the last three people he'd want to run into in a hallway would be and Punk responded "JBL, Stephanie McMahon and Triple H," which after how everything went down, I can understand.
Hilarious!

jmdajr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc-3N24nWVE

"This is what we thought was John's room, and there was wrestling boots, but since John can't wrestle, I wasn't sure."

Outside the brief Jericho heel run in '08-10, Edge is easily the last best heel they've had, and probably the best from the 00's, too.

I love Edge. I was very sad to see him go. Granted people think he's overrated now like Jericho. Personally, don't agree. He was great.

jmdajr

WWE Exclusive Interview: Kaitlyn on her Iron Man Magazine cover and being her own boss

IM0416_FEAT_CoverCeleste_01--e2ce9e42e127525041ceeedb69fb1117.jpg

WWE.COM: Do you think we’ll ever see Big E in some Celestial Bodiez Booty Scrunch leggings?

KAITLYN: Short answer? Absolutely! Here’s why. We are currently in the process of producing a men’s line. My seamstress is creating the first samples, and my goal is to have it released in the early fall, but it would be nice for summer. It’s a long process. We’re developing the best possible pattern to get the perfect fit. The issue that we’re running into is whether we want to put in the Booty Scrunch or not. We’re thinking no, but we might make some available with the scrunch. And if we do, E is wearing those. He has no say in it.

WWE.COM: Are you going to hold him to that?

KAITLYN: Please, look at what he wears on television! He wears the tiniest, tight singlets. There’s no way he wouldn’t wear

NoRéN

Fortunately legitshook.com can give you the scoops on the show. Check out our writeup.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/straight-shooters/2016/3/22/gqjmvk7j41ucrs7tu6wm05cjow6lpe

Some highlights, but it's really worth reading and looking:

riffraff2.gif

punch.gif
Thank you for that. Great read.
Fucking hell. Tierney looks like someone who films women's in public bathrooms. Probably buried a few.
This has to be some of the funniest shit I've read in a while.

Also, Stro is a funny dude.

Striker

I love Edge. I was very sad to see him go. Granted people think he's overrated now like Jericho. Personally, don't agree. He was great.
Opinions can be wrong, like those people! I didn't like the non-stop La Familia stuff, but his solo run and Lita stuff were really fun.

Its not that because he is still on for the Wrestlemania signing. So if he wanted out of his contract why would he do that signing?

Maybe WWE changed their minds on him and will let him wrestle again. Maybe he got better news after he did his retirement? They wouldn't do a Daniel Bryan appreciation night if they knew he was coming back.

WWE Exclusive Interview: Kaitlyn on her Iron Man Magazine cover and being her own boss

IM0416_FEAT_CoverCeleste_01--e2ce9e42e127525041ceeedb69fb1117.jpg

WWE.COM: Do you think we’ll ever see Big E in some Celestial Bodiez Booty Scrunch leggings?

KAITLYN: Short answer? Absolutely! Here’s why. We are currently in the process of producing a men’s line. My seamstress is creating the first samples, and my goal is to have it released in the early fall, but it would be nice for summer. It’s a long process. We’re developing the best possible pattern to get the perfect fit. The issue that we’re running into is whether we want to put in the Booty Scrunch or not. We’re thinking no, but we might make some available with the scrunch. And if we do, E is wearing those. He has no say in it.

WWE.COM: Are you going to hold him to that?

KAITLYN: Please, look at what he wears on television! He wears the tiniest, tight singlets. There’s no way he wouldn’t wear
She looks so different. I wish she would've stayed as she was getting better.

I liked the Michael Cole interview with Owens. It's a shame though they didn't mention Sami Zayn and instead talked about Zack Ryder. You'd think they would add some gas into the eventual Owens/Zayn showdown that will probably take place post-Mania. But ugh, WWE already ruined the suspense of a Styles vs Owens clash so I don't have faith in them doing solid on a Zayn/Owens feud.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The kind of people that watch the online promos are the kind of people that already know who Sami Zayn is.

NoRéN

Stro is a legit writer. He is very concise, presents his arguments well and has a wicked sense of humour.
Yeah, everything in that write up was great. I was thoroughly entertained.

That dream description was funny. I'll probably laugh the next time I see a train.

Nekofrog

Banned
My wife's a smart fan who doesn't really follow wrestling forums or meltz or anything but we were watching raw last night and she was like "Kevin owens is one of the only recent nxt guys they haven't ruined". She wondered why Tyler was never doing anything fun. Then I told her about emma showing up on smackdown and she was sad.

The only thing she follows online about wrestling is a secret Facebook group she won't let me see. I think she is marking out for someone she's embarrassed to be marking out for.

If she's a secret Roman fan I'm using it as grounds for divorce.

Rolling stone did a story on Teddy Hart

http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/...ngs-weed-dealing-cat-breeding-phenom-20160323

According to Teddy, the cat, Mr. Money, is an emotional support animal that was licensed to him after psychiatric evaluation. He also breeds Persian cats and sells weed, and over the last few years has made more income from these endeavors than from the indie wrestling circuits that still welcome him.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/...ng-cat-breeding-phenom-20160323#ixzz43lXbpXxp
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Bronx-Man

Banned
Think about it.

Zack Ryder's been buried for almost five years now since the "Ryder Revolution" started. He went from having Madison Square Garden cheer his name to being the Attorney General of Superstars-Land. He's a joke. A jobber. Not even a has-been, a never-was.

Now one week from Sunday, Zack finally has been given the opportunity he's been begging years for. He's gonna hear his theme music blare all across AT&T Stadium. And when Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn try to annihilate each other, Zack is gonna look up and scale the ladder in the center of the ring. And as 100,000 screaming Rydermaniacs cheer him on, he's gonna grab the prestigious Intercontinental Championship, held by legends such as Ricky Steamboat and Mr. Perfect. In front of the biggest WrestleMania crowd ever, Zack Ryder will finally make the boyhood dream come true.

Woo. Woo. Woo. You know it.

Kaladin

15 years ago today.....

STAMFORD, Conn., March 23, 2001 - World Wrestling Federation Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWF) today announced its purchase of the World Championship Wrestling (WCW) brand from Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. (TBS Inc.), a division of AOL Time Warner.

The purchase of WCW creates a tag team partnership with the World Wrestling Federation brand that is expected to propel the sports entertainment genre to new heights.

In keeping with the company's strategic alliance with Viacom, new WCW programming is anticipated to air on TNN in the near future. The possibility of cross-brand storylines and intrigue, however, may start as early as Monday night during WWF Raw Is War on TNN and the final performance of WCW Monday Nitro Live on Turner Network Television (TNT).

The binding agreement provides World Wrestling Federation Entertainment with the global rights to the WCW brand, tape library, and other intellectual property rights.

"This acquisition is the perfect creative and business catalyst for our company," said Linda McMahon, Chief Executive Officer of World Wrestling Federation Entertainment. "This is a dream combination for fans of sports entertainment. The incendiary mix of World Wrestling Federation and WCW personalities potentially creates intriguing storylines that will attract a larger fan base to the benefit of our advertisers and business partners, and propel sports entertainment to new heights."

"The acquisition of the WCW brand is a strategic move for us," said Stuart Snyder, President and Chief Operating Officer for World Wrestling Federation Entertainment. "We are assuming a brand with global distribution and recognition. We are adding thousands of hours to our tape library that can be repurposed for home videos, television, Internet streaming, and broadband applications. The WCW opens new opportunities for growth in our Pay Per View, live events, and consumer products divisions, as well as the opportunity to develop new television programming using new stars. We also will create additional advertising and sponsorship opportunities. In short, it is a perfect fit."

My wife's a smart fan who doesn't really follow wrestling forums or meltz or anything but we were watching raw last night and she was like "Kevin owens is one of the only recent nxt guys they haven't ruined". She wondered why Tyler was never doing anything fun. Then I told her about emma showing up on smackdown and she was sad.

The only thing she follows online about wrestling is a secret Facebook group she won't let me see. I think she is marking out for someone she's embarrassed to be marking out for.

tumblr_nxq042n10d1ul39mco1_400.gif

Think about it.

Zack Ryder's been buried for almost five years now since the "Ryder Revolution" started. He went from having Madison Square Garden cheer his name to being the Attorney General of Superstars-Land. He's a joke. A jobber. Not even a has-been, a never-was.

Now one week from Sunday, Zack finally has been given the opportunity he's been begging years for. He's gonna hear his theme music blare all across AT&T Stadium. And when Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn try to annihilate each other, Zack is gonna look up and scale the ladder in the center of the ring. And as 100,000 screaming Rydermaniacs cheer him on, he's gonna grab the prestigious Intercontinental Championship, held by legends such as Ricky Steamboat and Mr. Perfect. In front of the biggest WrestleMania crowd ever, Zack Ryder will finally make the boyhood dream come true.

Woo. Woo. Woo. You know it.

I had a tear in my eye as I read this.

Fuck it. I'm throwing my caution to the wind. I'm all in for the Ryder Revolution 2.0

WWWYKI

Jamie OD

How does TNA keep signing new names to their roster at this point?

A bunch of people just left so it frees up their budget. Angle alone must have cost them a lot. For the wrestlers, getting on TV still has some value attached to it. Several wrestlers have said in the past they get booked in places that would otherwise ignore them just so the promoter can put "TNA Superstar" or "As Seen On TV" on the show poster.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

It feels like they're trying to include everyone who is even technically on the main roster (when you get demoted they don't really take you off the main roster, e.g. Cameron, Zack Ryder, Emma, the Ascension).

Dixie is using Daddy's money.

Wasn't that why they couldn't sell TNA a while back? Like it was conditioned on letting Dixie feel like she was still in charge even if she wouldn't actually be?

It's Eva Marie

Top Bottom