• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

I'll be at the WWN shows minus CZW because I'll be at NXT.
Just found out shimmer wasn't flying internationals in. I'm not the biggest fan of it but had the WWN package. It's frustrating because you're paying mania weekend price and getting what's basically a Shine show. I hate when they don't put their best foot forward on this weekend.

What kinda racist shit is this? New inducting the freebirds.
proxy.jpg

What? Should have been Von Erich inducting them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A bunch of wrestling marks should probably not cry foul, New Day wouldn't agree to something like that if they were uncomfortable.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They're having New Day do it because Freebird rule and the New Day is popular. It's a little tone-deaf from a PR standpoint but my guess is that it wasn't any more thought out than that.

Sephzilla

Third parties wouldn't have supported Wii U even if it was similar to PS4. The general public aren't going to buy a Nintendo platform to play third party games they can already play on PlayStation. GameCube had pretty strong third party support and it didn't mean jack shit. Third parties weren't even giving Wii U many ports of PS3 games before the other consoles were out. They could have. Third parties aren't going to support a platform that sells like shit. If Wii U was basically just a PS4 with Nintendo on the box, it would have just sold even worse because it would have been an even more expensive system without third party support. Third party support won't magically come back by making better hardware. And SNES was a very different time. Nintendo are not in the same position.

Bold 1 - You don't know that

Bold 2 - The PS2 had an infinitely more impressive library of games than the GameCube had, supported DVDs back when that was a huge fucking deal, was an aesthetically pleasing system, supported legacy memory cards and controllers, and didn't have a controller that looked like a Toys R Us product like the GameCube controller. That's why the PS2 crushed everything in sight that generation. Nintendo learned all of the wrong lessons from the GameCube generation and, instead of simply correcting mistakes, they went further off into the realm of what made the GameCube (and the N64) struggle.

Final point - The reason third parties abandoned the Wii-U was because it was underpowered compared the PS4/XB1 and in most cases it wasn't financially viable to port a game onto a third or fourth platform (PC depending) especially if there was going to be extra cost involved in porting it to an underpowered system. And nobody is going to buy a copy of a game that's vastly inferior to its counterparts on other platforms. If, hardware wise, the Wii-U would have at least been in the same ballpark as the PS4/XB1 it would have had a chance of attracting some third party power. It also didn't help that Nintendo's perspective of online gaming is still about 8 years behind the times.

You're suggesting Nintendo basically double-down on the "I'm a unique little snowflake" gimmick system mentality, when that's the exact reason why the Wii-U flopped.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sephzilla still talking about Nintendo?

Jimmy Jam was the greatest Freebird.

>___>

Kind of, yeah. He wasn't really a Freebird to me, I just love the son of a bitch. At the same time...Gordy was the best real Freebird

So now I gotta pick between Garvin and Gordy. And I gotta go with Gordy.

Garvin is a fucking PRINCE though. I love that man.

Hex

Banned
Bold 1 - You don't know that

Bold 2 - The PS2 had an infinitely more impressive library of games than the GameCube had, supported DVDs back when that was a huge fucking deal, was an aesthetically pleasing system, supported legacy memory cards and controllers, and didn't have a controller that looked like a Toys R Us product like the GameCube controller.

Final point - The reason third parties abandoned the Wii-U was because it was underpowered compared the PS4/XB1 and in most cases it wasn't financially viable to port a game onto a third or fourth platform (PC depending) especially if there was going to be extra cost involved in porting it to an underpowered system. And nobody is going to buy a copy of a game that's vastly inferior to its counterparts on other platforms. If, hardware wise, the Wii-U would have at least been in the same ballpark as the PS4/XB1 it would have had a chance of attracting some third party power. It also didn't help that Nintendo's perspective of online gaming is still about 8 years behind the times.

You're suggesting Nintendo basically double-down on the "I'm a unique little snowflake" gimmick system mentality, when that's the exact reason why the Wii-U flopped.

And the controller.
The pad was not optimal and while there were other options, you do not develop for the theory that the customer will buy another controller to play your game.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I would be shocked if Mania isn't treated as a launch pad for Sami Zayn with winning IC title ladder match.

I mean, that's part of it: if Zayn isn't in the match, its a completely heatless match with nobody who could reasonably win other than Owens.

I mean, Ryder/Stardust/Sin Cara were literally treated as comedy options and Owens losing means he probably gets forced into a feud with whoever wins the title.

New Day inducting Freebirds is about as tone deaf as when they announced Randy Orton to be the lead in The Marine 2 but they had to recast it after announcing it because Randy was kicked out of the military for going AWOL.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
New Day can always roast the shit out of them. Don't get upset!

Watch your back. If given the opportunity, we'll be the Enforcers to your Barry Windham in the parking lot.

I don't understand the question.
The original show, Monday Night Wars, does it make sense episode for episode. Or is it just random. Like the first episode is the back story. The wnd episode is about the rise of nWo, dows the order make sense?

All I wanted from Nintendo was a normal console without any gimmicky shit. Alas...

Somewhere there's an alternate timeline where SEGA are still making consoles and Nintendo went 3rd party. This is the darkest timeline.

Sephzilla

All I wanted from Nintendo was a normal console without any gimmicky shit. Alas...

Somewhere there's an alternate timeline where SEGA are still making consoles and Nintendo went 3rd party. This is the darkest timeline.

The PlayStation is basically the alternate timeline where Nintendo makes consoles that made sense. Even today the Dualshock still heavily retains a SNES controller influence.

The original show, Monday Night Wars, does it make sense episode for episode. Or is it just random. Like the first episode is the back story. The wnd episode is about the rise of nWo, dows the order make sense?

I've watched a fair few of them and I'd say no to it being strictly chronological.

Separated more on topic than year.

Zach

Oh, that. I think I watched an episode and it was all over the place and I was like "I'm just going to watch the actual war myself..."

I've watched a fair few of them and I'd say no to it being strictly chronological.

Separated more on topic than year.

Oh, that. I think I watched an episode and it was all over the place and I was like "I'm just going to watch the actual war myself..."
Ah okay thank you. I figure I would check it out. Just because. So I could give you some time to catch up or get away from me lol. Skip work and watch more duuuuude!

Sephzilla

Naw, the order doesn't make sense. I honestly wouldn't recommend the series though because it's a ton of revisionist history

Naw, the order doesn't make sense. I honestly wouldn't recommend the series though because it's a ton of revisionist history
Yeah, I heard it like a world history book in a sense that the people who won wrote it in a away that makes them look better. Which sucka because I would've preferred if they did it 100% accurate.

Another question, if I wanted to watch ECW from the beginning, is all if it up there?

jmdajr

The PlayStation is basically the alternate timeline where Nintendo makes consoles that made sense. Even today the Dualshock still heavily retains a SNES controller influence.

Indeed. I mean the SNES, the last good Nintendo console, was supposed to have a CD drive but they said FU to Sony. OH WEL!

SNES was a 3rd party paradise and that ship sailed on to the PlayStation Universe. It even took the natural evolution of the SNES controller with it. It's been dumb ass controllers ever since with even good ideas like analog and wireless capabilities still done better by the competition.

Zach

Ah okay thank you. I figure I would check it out. Just because. So I could give you some time to catch up or get away from me lol. Skip work and watch more duuuuude!

I appreciate it, but don't worry about me. Have you already watched the WCW stuff, though? It's nice switching back and forth.

I appreciate it, but don't worry about me. Have you already watched the WCW stuff, though? It's nice switching back and forth.
Nah, I haven't. I planned on doing that once I got done with wwf.I was going to stop in maybe 99 though. I can't put up with their shit but just so much.

It is actually complete as of yesterday. They have the ECW television archive between 1995 and 2000 including Hardcore TV and ECW on TNN and all of the PPVs.
Dope. I know what I'll definitely be watching. Especially since wwe hasn't put up the old Superstars and the weekly wrestling show for the early 80s.I want to watch the first WM up until the first Raw.

Kaladin

Dope. I know what I'll definitely be watching. Especially since wwe hasn't put up the old Superstars and the weekly wrestling show for the early 80s.I want to watch the first WM up until the first Raw.

I'm tempted myself to do a full run of ECW in that fashion. I know we're missing complete house shows that weren't PPVs from the run, but some of that is in Hardcore TV.

There are actually 2 1995 ECW house shows in the ECW Exposed section. Hardcore Heaven and November To Remember '95.

You've ruined everything. You should've definitely done them simultaneously.
Nah it's fine to me. I'd rather focus on one thing at a time.

I've already watched Survivor Series 98 up until I think the 2nd December of 99 but they stopped there. That's what I did with my free trial in November. I plan on watching them again though so this will be my 3rd time (counting when it actually happened) that I will have saw it. Whereas 95-Sept 98(where I'm at now) will be the 2nd. 93-95 first other than watching old vhs.

klonere

Banned
God I just realised that they are more than likely giving the honor of retiring The Undertaker from Wrestlemania.... to Shane Mcmahon.

Ahahahahhhaha

I'm tempted myself to do a full run of ECW in that fashion. I know we're missing complete house shows that weren't PPVs from the run, but some of that is in Hardcore TV.

There are actually 2 1995 ECW house shows in the ECW Exposed section. Hardcore Heaven and November To Remember '95.
Wait? House shows? Were they ppvs for ecw or something? I'm confused.

Top Bottom