• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

jmdajr

God I just realised that they are more than likely giving the honor of retiring The Undertaker from Wrestlemania.... to Shane Mcmahon.

Ahahahahhhaha

cena-sad.jpg

Kaladin

Wait? House shows? Were they ppvs for ecw or something? I'm confused.

ECW PPVs started in 1997 with Barely Legal. Before that they ran house shows. These were often produced for home video and Hardcore TV ended up being an odd clip show of segments and matches from these shows most of the time.

Mahonay

Banned
I haven't watched a RAW since the Shane-o-Mac comeback. How have the rest of Taker's appearances been over the past few weeks? From the couple of snippets I've seen, the build up has seemed super cringe worthy.

God I just realised that they are more than likely giving the honor of retiring The Undertaker from Wrestlemania.... to Shane Mcmahon.

Ahahahahhhaha

I don't watch RAW (not that you need to at present) but there's got to be a swerve somewhere.

Shane winning one on one doesn't make sense, and Taker winning would make this the biggest waste of a potentially red hot feud ever.

It'll likely be one of those two options...who am I kidding?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I haven't watched a RAW since the Shane-o-Mac comeback. How have the rest of Taker's appearances been over the past few weeks? From the couple of snippets I've seen, the build up has seemed super cringe worthy.

He looks super old and he's still kind of bad at sounding particularly evil and dark.

We have no clue why he's fighting for Vince.

No clue.

Mahonay

Banned
Dope. I know what I'll definitely be watching. Especially since wwe hasn't put up the old Superstars and the weekly wrestling show for the early 80s.I want to watch the first WM up until the first Raw.
Going in you should know that the all of the ECW archives on WWE Network have had their wrestler's theme music dubbed over. Almost all of the ECW guys used existing metal or rap songs as their entrance themes, which was rad as fuck, but not legal at all.

I still need to investigate the best way to get my hands on the original ECW tapings. I'd love to figure out a way to share ECW's original glory with those that missed it here.
He looks super old and he's still kind of bad at sounding particularly evil and dark.

We have no clue why he's fighting for Vince.

No clue.
Ok that's pretty much what I took away from the stuff I saw.

Vince has lost his touch as a booker. Completely.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
For whatever reason Vince wants the Undertaker to beat up Shane, so as part of the build he's also being mean to the Undertaker which makes no sense.

Kaladin

For whatever reason Vince wants the Undertaker to beat up Shane, so as part of the build he's also being mean to the Undertaker which makes no sense.

I think Vince is supposed to be paranoid of Undertaker letting Shane win the match so he's giving Undertaker reason to put everything into it.

At least, that is how I'd book it.

Going in you should know that the all of the ECW archives on WWE Network have had their wrestler's theme music dubbed over. Almost all of the ECW guys used existing metal or rap songs as their entrance themes, which was rad as fuck, but not legal at all.

I still need to investigate the best way to get my hands on the original ECW tapings. I'd love to figure out a way to share ECW's original glory with those that missed it here.
Yeah watching new jack without nwa has to suck. Cause when I grab my sawed up, wrestlers gets hauled off.

That episode was painful for so many reasons.
You watch that shit?

I watched the first couple of episodes of Lucha Underground last year and then kind of lost the time to watch. Should I watch all of season 1 before starting season 2 or just jump into season 2?

Recall

2002 WWE had very little indentity and its product was really lacklustre and bland, yet is remembered fondly in hindsight especially with the Smackdown content.

2003 offered nothing of value beyond its Wrestlemania. Triple H killed RAW.

2004 was terrible beyond the Benoit and Eddie title scene. JBL killed Smackdown.

2005 was the era of more fresher guys on top, Orton, Batista, Cena, Edge etc

2006 i remember nothing.

2007 had one of the best ever PPVs never spoken about with Backlash and Trump helped generate Wrestlemania's biggest buyrate.

Angry Grimace

I think Vince is supposed to be paranoid of Undertaker letting Shane win the match so he's giving Undertaker reason to put everything into it.

At least, that is how I'd book it.

I mean, this is not going to be a standard match. This is like a 9/10 on the shenanigans scale. Undertaker lying down seems unlikely outside of something mid-match causing him to change his mind.

Mahonay

Banned
I tried to.

Eva Marie has a brand. And Paige showed up at a fan's house to give him moral support as he came out to his strict parents.

Regrets ... I've had a few.
Thank the fucking lord my girlfriend hates realty tv as much as I do. I even stopped watching Breaking Ground when they started leaning super hard in that direction.

My sister loves that shit. Whenever I go to her place to visit my niece I have to suffer through it sometimes.

From what I hear though, Total Divas does reality tv very well. Just not for me.

Let me help you there Recall, 2006 was the year that Raw was basically the DX "comedy" hour, featuring the Cena/Edge feud.
While Smackdown was almost always gonna be A TAG TEAM MATCH PLAYA, IT'S GONNA BE BOOKER T AND FINLAY VS BOBBY LASHLEY AND.....BATISTA! *seagull pop*
Also Featuring strange forgotten tag teams and Undertaker sending taped promos to Orton for like 5 months.

Or you know, Sibersk could just succinctly summarize it like that...

RBH

x5.jpg

The word making the rounds is that one of the TNA signings (NOTE: of five that Bob Ryder referred to in a recent tweet) is Laura Dennis, 28, who is best known on the independents as Cherry Bomb and has appeared on a number of TNA One Night Only PPVs under the the Cherry Bomb ring name as well as her real name.

Fox318

Tamina must have some heavy duty shit over someone in the back to still have her main roster spot. Her old man will be hung out to dry and she is shit in the ring.

Eddie's death then benoit's mixed with the PG direction kinda pushed me away from wrestling.

The streak never felt like a big deal for me because I was out of it.

I didn't get back in til Brock smashed up Cena at Summerslam again.

There hasn't been a single moment in wrestling that was as good as Benoit making HHH tap at mania. I don't think most people understand just what that meant to people at the time.

Kuroyume

Banned
They prob have Shane fighting him this year to convince Undetaker to return one more year so he can leave on a better match... Of course that's going on the assumption that he cares.

Angry Grimace

Thank the fucking lord my girlfriend hates realty tv as much as I do. I even stopped watching Breaking Ground when they started leaning super hard in that direction.

My sister loves that shit. Whenever I go to her place to visit my niece I have to suffer through it sometimes.

From what I hear though, Total Divas does reality tv very well. Just not for me.

I watched an episode of Total Divas and it was Natalya whining about Tyson Kidd a lot, Paige being barely intelligible, Brie coming off as a drunken idiot and some sort of cringeworthy shit where Bad News Barrett was dumping Alicia Fox in the most lame scripted shit ever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NoRéN;199028754 said:
ahahahaha

I'm not gonna lie, I kinda wished I had watched now.

Fortunately legitshook.com can give you the scoops on the show. Check out our writeup.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/straight-shooters/2016/3/22/gqjmvk7j41ucrs7tu6wm05cjow6lpe

Some highlights, but it's really worth reading and looking:

Rampage says Bisping should change his name from Count to Cunt. Incredible.

Tierney nickname is "Tiny Shorts" which is mindfucking JR completely. "I can't do tattoos and nicknames". Fucking hell. Tierney looks like someone who films women's in public bathrooms.

I would assume his suit is supposed to be peach, but it definitely looks pink. With him are two women in wigs and bathing suits. And a security guard. They just walk around looking lost. Riff Raff says every five lines while holding his cup. Now, this is in a wrestling ring in front of, at most, 300 people. LOL for his second song, he literally doesn't say anything for 15 seconds. He just breathes over the backing track. What the fuck IS this? This is the weirdest shit I've ever seen in a wrestling ring. One, all these songs sound like the same fucking song. Then you have the women who literally just walk from corner to corner and awkwardly stand. They don't even dance. Presumably the bodyguard is in the ring to prevent a drunken wrestling/MMA fan from trying to end this performance. All this plus the club lighting. POOL FULL OF MERMAIDS? What the fuck is going on?

riffraff2.gif

punch.gif

Kurt wanders around for what feels like minutes looking for a mic. He never got one so he just left.

NoRéN

As much as I'm gonna miss going to Lucha tapings it was pleasant having my weekend back. It was becoming a work day just for some free wrestling.

Kaladin

NoRéN;199037228 said:
As much as I'm gonna miss going to Lucha tapings it was pleasant having my weekend back. It was becoming a work day just for some free wrestling.

No spoilers, but is Aztec Warfare off the charts, and is Dario's brother worth the hype?

We wrote the show eveey week with a can you beat this attitude.

They write the shows now with a, is it enough to cover the time slot attitude.

2006 i remember nothing.
2006 had the GOAT Edge Money In The Bank cash in, as well as the previously mentioned RVD cash in

Also the promo where Edge goes to Cena's house and slaps his dad. "Down goes Cena!"

Edge/Cena feud started off so good but they kept doing it, and then once they ran it into the ground it they put Edge on Smackdown and had Cena/Orton for what felt like 2 years straight

NoRéN

No spoilers, but is Aztec Warfare off the charts, and is Dario's brother worth the hype?

Aztec Warfare was good. Real good. Matanza looks imposing. Really can't say much else without giving too much away other than it starts off great right off the bat.

Also, I'm gonna feel real stupid if you guys figure out who Matanza is (as in the person under the mask, not storyline wise) really fast because it took me weeks before my sister pointed it out to me.

I think you guys will like matanza.

Top Bottom