• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

The New God King

CeRmSkbXEAAHWVU.jpg

oddjobs

They're teasing Balor Club heavily now, focusing on the print on Finn's jacket in the vignette before the match.

edit: also new ring gear and downplaying the "demon" aspect

So what's the SWERVE? Finn turning heel? Anderson & Gallows turn on Finn and align with someone else?

Oh my god guys. You have to see the American Alpha profile video from NXT this week. It's fantastic. Like it is fucking astounding how much better NXT is at hyping up guys and making shit seem like it matters than WWE is. Unbelievable.

somedevil

They're teasing Balor Club heavily now, focusing on the print on Finn's jacket in the vignette before the match.

edit: also new ring gear and downplaying the "demon" aspect

So what's the SWERVE? Finn turning heel? Anderson & Gallows turn on Finn and align with someone else?

Finn turning heel and Anderson and Gallows joining him forming the Balor Club.

edit: That ring announcer was into Rich Swann dancing.

Nekofrog

Banned
was Balors Bullet Club an actual idea they were entertaining at one point? i remember it floating around on reddit or something, not sure if it was true.

i can see why it would immediately be ditched when someone called attention to it, but...

Finn turning heel and Anderson and Gallows joining him forming the Balor Club.

edit: That ring announcer was into Rich Swann dancing.

Also keep in mind that there was a report earlier this month that the plans for Gallows and Anderson changed and that they'd debut on the main roster, not on NXT. Who knows if that's still true (or ever was), but it could mean something bigger for all three of them.

RBH

STING TELLS WWE.COM HE DID NOT UNDERGO SURGERY FOR HIS NECK
Created on Tuesday, 22 March 2016 11:39

In a new interview with WWE.com, WWE Hall of Famer Sting revealed that he did not undergo surgery for the neck injury he suffered at the Night of Champions PPV in September 2015 against then-WWE World Champion Seth Rollins.

"I actually did not have surgery. Two neurologists [Dr. Joseph Maroon and one in Houston] were saying the same thing. The side effects you're supposed to have, I'm not really having any. I'm feeling good [and] completely normal."

Other excerpts from the interview:

On if the report of Sting having spinal stenosis was inaccurate:

"I am not saying that is inaccurate. I'm agreeing there probably is spinal stenosis or cervical spinal stenosis. I have had certain doctors tell me, "You know, so many athletes of all ages, they've got this. They deal with it to some degree or another." I had one doctor here tell me, "You're fine, you're okay — you don't have anything to worry about." And then wrestlers say, "I'd see this doctor." "No, I'd see this one over there." I'm telling you, it's just craziness. So I'm thinking, as long as I'm feeling good, why am I going to do anything? And the one thing everyone has said is don't go under the knife unless you absolutely have to."

On if the match with Rollins was Sting's final match:

"I have to say it: The only thing for sure about Sting is nothing's for sure."
www.wwe.com/article/sting-interview-retirement-exclusive?sf22959606=1

Penguin

Just watched WrestleMania XV in full for the first-time, PPV is a bit of a mess

It's... very Attitude-Era in its booking

But had a question, what do folks consider the actual "end" of the McMahon/Austin feud?

But had a question, what do folks consider the actual "end" of the McMahon/Austin feud?

I think you'd have some people argue that the Attitude Era ended with WM X-7.

Barrage

I'd consider St. Valentine's Day Massacre '99 the "peak", and WM15 the end. You could walk away there and have the storyline feel like it had closure. Everything after that is stretching the rivalry for the sake of stretching it.

Same as how despite the fact the Hogan and Savage fought a million more times, you can consider WM5 a satisfying end.

somedevil

The end was when the Undertaker lost the first blood match at Fully Loaded in July 99.

After rewatching every Raw between late 97-late 99, it had to be the Fully Loaded 99 match against the Undertaker. To me it felt like the end with every Corporate member doing their own thing shortly after. It was over at that point.
The end was when the Undertaker lost the first blood match at Fully Loaded in July 99.
What this fellow Wrassle-GAFer said.

F'n WWE Network. Watching summer 2002 and the network decides not to upload 3 weeks of Smackdown including The Rocks return to Smackdown.. Dem scums

Penguin

I'd consider St. Valentine's Day Massacre '99 the "peak", and WM15 the end. You could walk away there and have the storyline feel like it had closure. Everything after that is stretching the rivalry for the sake of stretching it.

Same as how despite the fact the Hogan and Savage fought a million more times, you can consider WM5 a satisfying end.

That's why I was asking

WM XV ends with the image you think puts a bow on the feud

Austin stuns McMahon
Pours beer on him
Then stands triumphant over him with the belt

I know the feud continues, but Vince turns face like thrice during that

Then Austin is gone for a year and never really the same

MG310

That crossbody in the Alexa Bliss/ Sarah Dobson match was ugly...also Dobson landing shin first on the ropes on that cartwheel whatever she was going for.

Top Bottom