• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

WWE Diva Brie Bella will be retiring sooner than she originally planned … Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned the wrestler is hanging up her boots following the RAW after WrestleMania.

Sources with direct knowledge tell us there’s no bad blood between WWE and Daniel Bryan — the recent appearances he pulled out of are due to a health issue.

It’s unclear what the issue is at this point, but we’re told it’s the reason Brie wasn’t at RAW this week.

Our sources say all of this has caused Brie to speed up her retirement plans — she had previously said she’d retire over the summer — and now she wants to focus on starting a family.

We’re told Brie will still be featured in WWE programming — like “Total Divas” and guest starring on Network shows — but she’ll no longer be stepping into the ring as a full-time wrestler. The Bella twin will instead work in an ambassador role for the company.

No word on whether she’ll get any promo time to say goodbye. Our sources say she’s just hoping to have one final blow off match against Lana to cap off their feud.

The end of Brie Mode is upon us.

RBH

Here is the card for tonight’s WWE event in Madison Square Garden:

* Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose vs. WWE World Heavyweight champion Triple H and Sheamus
* WWE Intercontinental champion Kevin Owens vs. AJ Styles
* WWE United States champion Kalisto vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Ryback
* Kane and Big Show vs. The Wyatt Family
* WWE Tag Team champions The New Day vs. The Dudley Boys vs. The Usos
* Dolph Ziggler vs. The Miz
* Also scheduled are WWE Divas champ Charlotte, Ric Flair, Rusev, Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch, Natalya, Lana and Sin Cara

Hycran

Banned
Searching "Vader Penis" comes up with surprisingly diverse and surprisingly work-safe results.

Of course, if you are at work, please do not search for Vader Penis

GunBR

Watching Smackdown now
See a segment with Roman we're he gets a lot of cheers looks like watching bizarro world

I can only imagine what was the real reaction on the arena

oddjobs

Watching Smackdown now
See a segment with Roman we're he gets a lot of cheers looks like watching bizarro world

I heard they were actually legit, and WWE was piping in negative crowd reactions. Bizarro world indeed.

I've been putting it off, should get round to getting tickets for that Stardom show soon, now it actually seems like a thing that might happen.

Cea5886W8AEP5ty.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Watching Smackdown now

Reports I saw:

1) Roman was cheered
2) Roman was booed
3) WWE piped in cheers through the PA
4) WWE piped in boos through the PA

Jamie OD

Sorry if anyone is sick of hearing about Batman V Superman but I saw it today and it felt a lot like watching a bad WWE PPV. Just like WWE there were glimpses of things I liked and moments I thought could pay off if it was followed up on properly. But also like WWE most of it dragged, said moments ended up not mattering and stuff happens that the people in charge think works but the hardcore fanbase aren't really excited about it.

I've been putting it off, should get round to getting tickets for that Stardom show soon, now it actually seems like a thing that might happen.

Cea5886W8AEP5ty.jpg

That match looks really good, kinda gutted I won't be going - went for CHIKARA instead, which should be fun, but would've loved to see some of the STARDOM wrestlers. Io especially, she's probably my favourite joshi wrestler going next to Meiko Satomura.

Welcome to Monday night raw!

*sirens*

Watching these interviews, they keep saying Vince's thing is making new superstars(which is correct) but now he's struggling to do that. The biggest superstar he has is in a damn ladder match fighting for the ic title when he should be the World champion.

The Miz.

That match looks really good, kinda gutted I won't be going - went for CHIKARA instead, which should be fun, but would've loved to see some of the STARDOM wrestlers. Io especially, she's probably my favourite joshi wrestler going next to Meiko Satomura.

Really been enjoying the Power Couple at PROGRESS, should be good. I pondered the CHIKARA show, but it was kinda meh last time, and Ultramantis is RIP

klonere

Banned
Rampage vs Big Daddy Walter II at Chapter 23. This is what I want, two hosses beating the shit out of each other, no fancy stuff. I've never popped more for a double axe handle than the one BDW did off the apron to the floor. Incredibly enjoyable match, the ring exploding felt organic and the guys worked around it extremely well.

Really been enjoying the Power Couple at PROGRESS, should be good. I pondered the CHIKARA show, but it was kinda meh last time, and Ultramantis is RIP

I'm mostly looking forward to seeing Kingston (assuming he makes it this time around). And yeah, Dahlia & TK are doing great work from what I've seen - very impressed with Toni Storm as well.

Rampage vs Big Daddy Walter II at Chapter 23. This is what I want, two hosses beating the shit out of each other, no fancy stuff. I've never popped more for a double axe handle than the one BDW did off the apron to the floor. Incredibly enjoyable match, the ring exploding felt organic and the guys worked around it extremely well.

I kinda had a feeling that was going to happen, as in the pre-show matches Chuck Mambo kept drawing attention to how loose the ropes were, haha.

You're catching up fast, I swear you were only on 20 the other day

Welcome to Monday night raw!

*sirens*

Watching these interviews, they keep saying Vince's thing is making new superstars(which is correct) but now he's struggling to do that. The biggest superstar he has is in a damn ladder match fighting for the ic title when he should be the World champion.

The Miz.

I wonder what it would be like to reverse chronologicaly watch wrasslin. Hmmm

Wcw was a mess. Eric thought they were so invincible and he became arrogant as hell. Thus you have everyone walking away.

Putting creative control in contracts? You don't let the inmates run the asylum. Even though you can argue the Kliq was doing it. Vince started to grow grapefruits and say, "Fuck it, this is my company."

Then you add Vince Russo not having filter, this shit was ridiculous.

did russo ever explain his complete obsession with *-on-a-pole matches?
"Because bro, they're really fighting for what they want bro. I mean bro, you've gotta see his good this will be bro. Bro, imagine you have your possessions in something bro and you're fighting up that turnbuckle bro. Dude bro. It just works bro."

The best thing to come from wCw Russo, is Booker .

Do it for GAF, you know you can
I would say, I'll do it for wCw but I don't think I can watch that 2001-late 99 shit(see what I did?).

I could do it for Ecw but that's something I want to see in order. I don't even think I saw the last ever ecw on TNN. I just remembered looking for it and it was gone lol.

Idk, I don't think I can do it. And I know everything about wwe so it won't work for this. And I'm just not watching tna. Maybe when he buys their library, I will 😉

http://pwinsider.com/article/100820/luke-harper-update.html?p=1

The word making the rounds backstage at the WWE Madison Square Garden event is that Luke Harper's knee injury is worse than originally feared and he is now expected out for five to six months.

WWE has not publicly acknowledged the injury, suffered during a dark match at Raw this past Monday in Philadelphia.

Lol! So HBK and Nash were a shoot. Shawn really needed a body guard. Shawn called Taker carrot top over the weekend and Taker didn't like that shit.

WAIT A PICTURE OF YOKOUCEZUNA IN THE GYM?! WTF?

klonere

Banned
I kinda had a feeling that was going to happen, as in the pre-show matches Chuck Mambo kept drawing attention to how loose the ropes were, haha.

The huge squeak it let out when they whipped each other off it the first few times definitely made me raise an eyebrow.

You're catching up fast, I swear you were only on 20 the other day

It's my last two weeks before I go back to the 9 - 5 life, so I'm being a total useless piece of shit, watching wrestling and playing video games all day. Well that and finding somewhere to live and moving.

But still a LOT of wrestling. I wanna be caught up soon-ish so I don't have to avoid spoilers for all the most recent shows.

Getting to ridiculous levels now.
I think it's time for the boys to start jucing again.

Lol, I'd love a full documentary on the curtain call as told by the older guys in both companies. Even though Vince had already killed kayfabe, this shit sat fire to everyone. Even those still young in the business(Austin) knew it was bullshit and something you don't do

klonere

Banned
I think it's time for the boys to start jucing again.

Lol, I'd love a full documentary on the curtain call as told by the older guys in both companies. Even though Vince had already killed kayfabe, this shit sat fire to everyone. Even those still young in the business(Austin) knew it was bullshit and something you don't do

The juicing and weight lifting regime probably contribute more to the injuries than anything else

The juicing and weight lifting regime probably contribute more to the injuries than anything else
What! Back in the day, there were less injuries or they were able to work through them more because of the juice.

Of course I don't want them to juice again but I wonder do they start to think that.

Top Bottom