• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Luschient

Just saw a Twitter post from Miz that he's NOT injured and will be at WM. And how we all fell for his good acting.

Who freaking knows.

DMczaf

Watching the build up to WM11 with LT vs Bam Bam....I still can't believe the main point of it was Bam Bam threatening to shoot on LT and go into business for himself.

Mahonay

Banned
Watching WrestleMania 23 for the first time. Realized I've never seen it after listening to the latest Review-a-Wai.

That opening Money in the Bank match is pretty great.

The "All Grown Up" theme they have for the show is pretty fucking lame.

Oh fuck me a Khali match.

Mahonay

Banned
Pretty rough watching Benoit vs MVP. Benoit this close to the incident, he just has this general fogginess to him at this point, he doesn't look great. Decent match though.

Son Of D

Watching WrestleMania 23 for the first time. Realized I've never seen it after listening to the latest Review-a-Wai.

That opening Money in the Bank match is pretty great.

The "All Grown Up" theme they have for the show is pretty fucking lame.

Oh fuck me a Khali match.

I never understood why Edge and Orton were in that MitB match. Seeing that they were both the top heels of Raw at the time and were involved in the Cena/HBK feud you'd think they make the WWE title match a 4 way with Batista/Taker being the 1v1 title match.

Striker

I never understood why Edge and Orton were in that MitB match. Seeing that they were both the top heels of Raw at the time and were involved in the Cena/HBK feud you'd think they make the WWE title match a 4 way with Batista/Taker being the 1v1 title match.
They wait 'til Backlash to do that.

Mahonay

Banned
It is super weird how minor their roles are in this Mania considering their spots on the roster.

55ad1014e6e3ce101aebb522ee060942.gif
F'n King wanted to take out Bret more than Vince did. Sheeit

I always forget that Lawler had a legit run during New Generation. I also miss Hakushi, dude didn't fall entirely into the typical E stereoytpe.

Nah, Lawler really didn't have much of a run. The only time he ever got in the ring was to face Bret Hart. The most wrestling Lawler ever did in the WWF was in 1997. He wrestled a lot in the first half of the year, made it to the semi-finals of King of the Ring, and had that short-run tag team with Rob Van Dam. He also did a lot of stuff in ECW that year, but they never really mentioned it in detail on WWF television.

By run I just meant time in the ring beyond my main remembrance which is him standing in the ring with a mic saying "PUPPIES"
Yeah from 93-98 King got in the ring a lot! But it's crazy how they were pushing new guys in the New Generation yet king was always in big fights with Bret. If only Bret could've wrestled King in his absolute prime. But yeah King was the man and he's funny with his antics. Sometimes, Owen was basically him but not chicken shit.

UberTag

Austin Bret is the ultimate example that wins and losses DO NOT MATTER if the story is good enough.

Austin loses every single match decisively.
The closest they've come in the modern WWE social media era to replicating a feud with genuine heat that was still largely dominated by one-sided outcomes was Christian vs. Orton.

Sabucin

I can't think of anyone that had a worse World Title reign than Seth Rollins. Not even Mysterio in 2006 was that horrendous.

Doesn't matter. If Rollins come back as a face, the typical mark fan will forget about it. Even in the kayfabe, Rollins will be presented as the one who defeat several wrestlers retaining succesfully his championship.

Triple H in the attitude era retained his title matches cheating all the time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Big Match Seth won when it mattered!

This is actually how Ric Flair was booked during the Dusty days of JCP and why they had so much bad blood between them from that era.

RBH

If you guys have the WWE Network, I recommend watching the Macho Man Randy Savage documentary when you get the chance:

savage-dvd.jpg

Watching it right now, and it's no wonder that he and DDP worked so well together, because Macho Man was just as meticulous as DDP when it came to planning matches.

Qqz1O3E.jpg

AQZVlmY.jpg

Anth0ny

Bret Hart's turnbuckle spots are so good.

nr4C3x3.jpg

This is art.

If you guys have the WWE Network, I recommend watching the Macho Man Randy Savage documentary when you get the chance:

maxresdefault.jpg

Watching it right now, and it's no wonder that he and DDP worked so well together, because Macho Man was just as meticulous as DDP when it came to planning matches.

Qqz1O3E.jpg

AQZVlmY.jpg

Alright everybody, please turn to page 355 of your books, paragraph 8, spot 43b: modified arm bar. We will then transition into spot 674: the double inverted axe handle

I'm beginning to think Taker/Shane is just going to be a spot fest and people will love it despite it covering up poor wrestling. People seem to love Taker/HHH from WM17 despite that god awful choke slam to foam padding.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Big Match Seth won when it mattered!

This is actually how Ric Flair was booked during the Dusty days of JCP and why they had so much bad blood between them from that era.
Flair never went 1-18 in a single month. Seth is a mess. Seth is a big fat mess.

Top Bottom