• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Kaladin

I must say, the GOP is booking a better wrestling angle this Mania season than the WWE is.

The RNC is going to have a TNA finish though.

Sephzilla

robocop-2.jpg

Teeth

You would at least think Taker would say, woahhh I don't fight for you and decline. Thus saying he will instead do a favour for Shane and Vince has to find his own guy.

Why would Taker care now?

Taker has fought for him for years and years. Did he say no for Bray, Brock, Punk, Shaun Michaels?

He fights at Wrestlemania. It's his opponents that try to do MAND GAMES MAGGLE that make it a story. The story before that is "The Authority has a match for Undertaker at Wrestlemania." This is no different.

That said, they are going to bone this up royally and have Undie go against Vince for no real reason.

Verendus

Banned
If my interpretation of these gifs is correct, it seems giancarlo was indeed too big and too strong for Sephzilla, and Sephzilla did the one thing that naturally occurs to him, and that was to lay down for the three second tan.

Edit:

Goddamnit Sephzilla. You couldn't wait ten seconds to post.

CANADA!

(I implore you to watch it anyway.)
Maybe later. Ice cream now
Why would Taker care now?

Taker has fought for him for years and years. Did he say no for Bray, Brock, Punk, Shaun Michaels?

He fights at Wrestlemania. It's his opponents that try to do MAND GAMES MAGGLE that make it a story. The story before that is "The Authority has a match for Undertaker at Wrestlemania." This is no different.

That said, they are going to bone this up royally and have Undie go against Vince for no real reason.
Because, he has to fight for someone. It's different than someone just challenging him.

Did anyone else find the Austin Aries "OMG, It's this guy!" thing a little flat right after they did it with AJ Styles at the Rumble?

Thank god Baron Corbin saved that segment. His run-in from behind was great.

I tend to view NXT as completely separate from the main product, so I thought it was cool.

I like Corbin more now for some reason.

Deadman Taker(recent one who only shows up at Mania) is portrayed as this supernatural presence that's "above" the rest of the roster. He just isn't seen a someone who takes orders from the office, he leaves and goes as he pleases and only fights at Mania cause some upstart keeps talking shit and challenging him, summoning him.

So yes its weird that he just goes along with the Shane stuff without any opinion about it himself

LOL

seriously though, GG. I kind of knew i was in trouble when you picked
Bison
because I kind of stink at that matchup and he seems to have some fairly safe stuff against Ryu. We need to play again some more in the future.

Now don't waste the rub I gave you!
GG, I had fun! Ryu can be a pain in my ass but you just have to play a little more patient and guard those lows you kept getting hit by. Put it there partner!...

giphy.gif

Teeth

Maybe later. Ice cream now

Because, he has to fight for someone. It's different than someone just challenging him.

The perspective they are going with is "Undertaker is in a match, the outcome, aside from winning, is irrelevant to him."

Basically, the business side is irrelevant to Undertaker, he's just a spooky prize fighter. Like Brock. But spookier. You could say that Brock fought for the Authority a year ago too, but he really didn't; Brock was just a fighter that was given an opportunity by the Authority. Same as Undertaker now.

The more I think about this storyline, the weirder the whole thing is. It's got a whole bunch of caveats - A) you can't have Undertaker lose at Wrestlemania, B) Why would you bring Shane in and do this whole storyline if he doesn't get control of Raw at the end.

So how do you have Shane win without beating the Undertaker? I guess you could have Undertaker beat Shane and then call out Vince saying something like "If you don't give Shane control of Raw I will kill take his soul!" and then Vince capitulates to save the life soul of his son, regretting that he unleashed the might of THE UNDAHTAKAH on him in the first place.

But that would probably be too much of a shade of grey for WWE.

So if they just have Shane lose, everything just stays status quo. Shane goes away, Undie keeps his streak, Raw keeps chugging on as usual, and nothing at all changes. Which would be the most wet fart underwhelming thing they could possibly do.

So that's what they'll probably do.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hell in a Cell is a match designed to prevent outside interference.

Therefore, it'll have outside interference. Shane will probably use this to have his chosen outsider defenders of the WWE win the match for him, which is okay because Taker is seemingly not retiring this year and the streak is over anyways.

Might be the Bayley Club. Might be Kirk Angel or someone even goofier.

Kaladin

Hell in a Cell is a match designed to prevent outside interference.

Therefore, it'll have outside interference. Shane will probably use this to have his chosen outsider defenders of the WWE win the match for him, which is okay because Taker is seemingly not retiring this year and the streak is over anyways.

Might be the Bayley Club. Might be Kirk Angel or someone even goofier.

It will be a glorious clusterfuck.

That's the most ridiculous finisher ever. According to Wikipedia, it's called the "Saxtonation" - which is a fucking terrible name for anything - and it's a half nelson leg sweep, only he doesn't sweep his opponents leg does he? He just kinda, jigs about a bit.

Gaf-Gif challenge - find a more ridiculous finisher than the Saxtonation...

bG2z4mi.gif

The perspective they are going with is "Undertaker is in a match, the outcome, aside from winning, is irrelevant to him."

Basically, the business side is irrelevant to Undertaker, he's just a spooky prize fighter. Like Brock. But spookier. You could say that Brock fought for the Authority a year ago too, but he really didn't; Brock was just a fighter that was given an opportunity by the Authority. Same as Undertaker now.

The more I think about this storyline, the weirder the whole thing is. It's got a whole bunch of caveats - A) you can't have Undertaker lose at Wrestlemania, B) Why would you bring Shane in and do this whole storyline if he doesn't get control of Raw at the end.

So how do you have Shane win without beating the Undertaker? I guess you could have Undertaker beat Shane and then call out Vince saying something like "If you don't give Shane control of Raw I will kill take his soul!" and then Vince capitulates to save the life soul of his son, regretting that he unleashed the might of THE UNDAHTAKAH on him in the first place.

But that would probably be too much of a shade of grey for WWE.

So if they just have Shane lose, everything just stays status quo. Shane goes away, Undie keeps his streak, Raw keeps chugging on as usual, and nothing at all changes. Which would be the most wet fart underwhelming thing they could possibly do.

So that's what they'll probably do.
It's fucking weak. I like your, "I'm going to Take his soul" gig and it could work as Taker punishing Vince for summoning him.

But you can't tell they got stuck between a corner with injuries. They didn't even have time to really iron this one out fully. They pushed the button to pray for it to work.

Sephzilla

GG, I had fun! Ryu can be a pain in my ass but you just have to play a little more patient and guard those lows you kept getting hit by. Put it there partner!...

Yeah, I let myself get hit by your low stuff too much and didn't punish you at all when you went airborne. Even though the scoreboard didn't reflect it I still felt decently competitive, so I'm alright counting the lights for the L.

temPYfL.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"Big Lifts" FallingEdge set to lose to Baby Brazil, as I predicted. I wish you luck FE but the die has been cast.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Any particular reason for this decision?

I expect they want to throw it on the Network. It's not there right now either though.

Taker V Cena would not have been good.

I mean, Cena just came off probably his best year in terms of in-ring performances, I don't get it. How is a 46 year old mostly non-wrestler is going to put on a better match? It went from something I'd be interested in seeing the performance to being a straight up gimmick.

Jopie

I want to see the Shane v Undertaker match just get bat shit crazy. Like over the next month Undertaker goes crazy and is going to kill Shane. Super morbid, burning teddy bear kind of stuff.

Then during the match, Vince interferes right as Shane is going to take a crazy bump. Vince dick kicks Undertaker which allows Shane to win. Vince has the ultimate face turn as he loses his company to save his son's life.

It could be like a Lifetime movie plot.

Fox318

It was going to be Cena vs Taker but not for the belt. Just legend vs legend cause there last match against each other was 9 years ago.

But they were building up Cena's flair record at summerslam.

Honestly it probably would have been a great angle and now that the streak is over you wouldn't have the crazy turn away heat that would have happened had Cena broke the streak.

Fox318

Only reason why Vince has Hell in a Cell at mania is for the crazy visual the cage brings. Plus for years he can show a sold out stadium with something that is uniquely wrestling and uniquely his.

They plan the set out far enough that Brock vs Taker was going to be it before Vince changed his mind.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I figured the HIAC was so that when Shane sneaks a guy in there Vince can't get the guy out or whatever.

Fox318

Cena should have never lost the US title belt to Seth.

Either KO should have won and retained going in or Cena should have faced somebody aside from Seth in Broklyn and won.

Then again that crowd was cruel to Cena that night and he probably wouldn't have gotten a face pop that night.

Honestly he should have faced Sting.

Sephzilla

What the hell is it?

Cuff links?
Belt buckle?

They're belt buckle plates for the WWE WHC Belt.

There's a bunch of them for people who will never win the belt (Austin, Savage, DX[?]) so there's nothing to see here with them putting Taker ones up.

Cena should have never lost the US title belt to Seth.

Either KO should have won and retained going in or Cena should have faced somebody aside from Seth in Broklyn and won.

Then again that crowd was cruel to Cena that night and he probably wouldn't have gotten a face pop that night.

Honestly he should have faced Sting.

Cena should have lost the US title to KO. That entire feud was built around KO taking the belt off of him but instead turned into CENAWINSLOL. Cena ultimately dropping the US Title to Del fucking Rio is such a lame way for the Cena US Title era to end.

Fox318

They're belt buckle plates for the WWE WHC Belt.

There's a bunch of them for people who will never win the belt (Austin, Savage, DX[?]) so there's nothing to see here with them putting Taker ones up.

Cena should have lost the US title to KO. That entire feud was built around KO taking the belt off of him but instead turned into CENAWINSLOL. Cena ultimately dropping the US Title to Del fucking Rio is such a lame way for the Cena US Title era to end.

They killed off everything Cena built up with that title when they made it about Jon Stewart and his kid.

If anything Cena should have retained the US title till a mania or rumble and lost it on a raw in a hot city.

Top Bottom