• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Sephzilla

So why is Undertaker doing Vinces bidding?

This is one of the biggest pothole storylines in years.

Vince is the higher power, remember?

E120889F4E1211480686876614656_38101e20c1e.3.1.6772149812656746849.mp4.jpg

This is like indy flippy shit, but by someone who cant do indy flippy shit.

After the Piledriver. I think he tried one move but instead just ate a roll pin without any effort of kicking out. I need to watch the RAW's after that if that move had a big impact on Owen and how his movesets.
They had to finish the match so that was it. His moveset stayed the same. But at the same time, he wasn't using the piledriver as a regular anyway.

Truth story is Austin told him to just do a regular tombstone instead of a sit down because he too fucked up doing it in the past.

That's the most ridiculous finisher ever. According to Wikipedia, it's called the "Saxtonation" - which is a fucking terrible name for anything - and it's a half nelson leg sweep, only he doesn't sweep his opponents leg does he? He just kinda, jigs about a bit.

Gaf-Gif challenge - find a more ridiculous finisher than the Saxtonation...

Teeth

So why is Undertaker doing Vinces bidding?

I think kayfabe-wise, Undertaker will wrestle whomever is put in front of him, take their soul, yadda yadda, whatever.

So the idea is that Vince wanted to put Shane in a match that was impossible to win (Taker at WM) but now he's having regrets because Undies will tear him apart or whatever.

Sephzilla

Vince is telling Undertaker to fight Shane because Vince is the higher power Undertaker answers to. Vince used Undertaker to kidnap Stephanie way back in the day, so it's not out of character for Vince to order Undertaker to do something bad to one of Vince's kids. Vince also used Undertaker as a tool against Austin, who opposed Vince. Now Shane is apposing Vince, who's controlling Undertaker, at Wrestlemania, in Austin's home state.

IT'S ALL COMING TOGETHER, PEOPLE

I would be Brock winning @ WM30 level LEGIT SHOOK if they actually referenced any of that on TV

That's the most ridiculous finisher ever. According to Wikipedia, it's called the "Saxtonation" - which is a fucking terrible name for anything - and it's a half nelson leg sweep, only he doesn't sweep his opponents leg does he? He just kinda, jigs about a bit.

Gaf-Gif challenge - find a more ridiculous finisher than the Saxtonation...

VDqecMI.gif

#AllSlicedRedEverything

Kaladin

Usually most people have some reason for facing Taker. This time, there's no reason, then Taker says two lines about it and that's it. Very weird.

I'm sure we'll get more from Taker between now and Mania.

I just assume that he's willing to take the fight. I did like the line where he told Vince that Shane's blood was on his hands.

Vince is telling Undertaker to fight Shane because Vince is the higher power Undertaker answers to. Vince used Undertaker to kidnap Stephanie way back in the day, so it's not out of character for Vince to order Undertaker to do something bad to one of Vince's kids. Vince also used Undertaker as a tool against Austin, who opposed Vince. Now Shane is apposing Vince, who's controlling Undertaker, at Wrestlemania, in Austin's home state.

IT'S ALL COMING TOGETHER, PEOPLE

I would be Brock winning @ WM30 level LEGIT SHOOK if they actually referenced any of that on TV
I've been waiting for a reference to that for years. Maybe this year will be it!

His entrance and exit were combined 25 times longer than his actual in-ring speech, and Vince almost immediately ignored it on camera afterward

Teeth

Usually most people have some reason for facing Taker. This time, there's no reason, then Taker says two lines about it and that's it. Very weird.

I mean, kayfabe wise, "The Authority" makes all of the matches for everyone. Sometimes the goons spat amongst themselves and then a match is made, but commonly it's stated that "The Authority has sanctioned this match."

If the WWE is fictionalized UFC, all of the characters are employed by the company and the company sets up the matches. They don't need to emphatically care if the goons hate each other, they just kayfabe realize that if they do, chances are more people will buy tickets to see the match. It's just the upside down version of real sports: in a real sport, the league makes up games or matches and then the production crews manifest storylines to make the TV productions good business. The WWE does the same thing in-fiction, but in reality, they are making up storylines, then making up the matches to meet those stories. In fiction, it's supposed to be like any other sport - matches first, storylines generated.

This Undertaker thing is just that -- head of company wants guy A to fight guy B, so they do.

MC Safety

I tried, briefly, to watch the Edge and Christian Show on the WWE network. It reeks of something, to be sure, but it's not awesomeness.

The first two segments consisted of Edge and Christian recreating famous wrestlers' entrances. They did the Warrior rope shake, the Bushwhacker arm pump, etc. And then they did a Skype interview with Luke Perry from 90210. It was as funny as it was timely: Edge and Christian asked Perry which wrestlers he thought would play 90210 characters should the show be recast.

The one good spot: They had Tony Atlas playing Ed McMahon doing a goofy, exaggerated laugh.

I'm sure we'll get more from Taker between now and Mania.

I just assume that he's willing to take the fight. I did like the line where he told Vince that Shane's blood was on his hands.
Apparently Taker doesn't have anymore dates before Mania but Shane does. Maybe they recorded something for Taker idk. But it's funky. We'll see what they come up with.

Zach

Man the form, and the devastation of the impact.

You know there was a moment where I got worked, and started to think it might be real.

She is that damn good.

You're confusing me, Liquidsnake. You said you weren't a joke poster that one day, but now you're clearly joke posting. Whose side are you on??

That move, if that guy keeps doing it, is gonna end up going very, very wrong one day

Nice, a preview of Nak's new finisher

Don't even joke, Serps.

I guess it's this or the Overdrive, given that Reverse STOs are in abundance between Bray, Corbin, Seth (into the buckle) and Sami (into the Koji clutch).

Kaladin

Did anyone else find the Austin Aries "OMG, It's this guy!" thing a little flat right after they did it with AJ Styles at the Rumble?

Thank god Baron Corbin saved that segment. His run-in from behind was great.

Fox318

Yuuup. It's sad to think that some folk only saw his WWF run. :(

I wish I knew about WCW when I was a kid. I started watching wrestling when I was 8 and only channel filpped a little.

Thunder was where I got most of my WCW and I can't recall much.

I mean, kayfabe wise, "The Authority" makes all of the matches for everyone. Sometimes the goons spat amongst themselves and then a match is made, but commonly it's stated that "The Authority has sanctioned this match."

If the WWE is fictionalized UFC, all of the characters are employed by the company and the company sets up the matches. They don't need to emphatically care if the goons hate each other, they just kayfabe realize that if they do, chances are more people will buy tickets to see the match. It's just the upside down version of real sports: in a real sport, the league makes up games or matches and then the production crews manifest storylines to make the TV productions good business. The WWE does the same thing in-fiction, but in reality, they are making up storylines, then making up the matches to meet those stories. In fiction, it's supposed to be like any other sport - matches first, storylines generated.

This Undertaker thing is just that -- head of company wants guy A to fight guy B, so they do.
You would at least think Taker would say, woahhh I don't fight for you and decline. Thus saying he will instead do a favour for Shane and Vince has to find his own guy.

Kaladin

So CWF Mid-Atlantic is releasing the 105 minute Trevor Lee vs Roy Wilkins match from “End of an Era 2016″ for free on Youtube.

I don't know either of these guys or follow CWF Mid Atlantic, but I'm kinda hyped to see this one as it has created a lot of buzz.

Fox318

Man this lapsed fan trip through all of the starrcades really showing ust how awesome parts of WCW were.

Ric Flair is a god and the camera work is so much better than the shit we get today.

You want to hide the impact? Get the camera up and close instead of zoming in and out.

Instead WWE has planned camera for every spot and every move. Titus has a hot tag? Better go to lower hard cam side camera number 2.

I'd say this type of shit would improve with HHH instead of dunn but he does the same crap in nxt.

Nothing wrong with some diversity in camera angles and presentation.

Zach

Man this lapsed fan trip through all of the starrcades really showing ust how awesome parts of WCW were.

Ric Flair is a god and the camera work is so much better than the shit we get today.

You want to hide the impact? Get the camera up and close instead of zoming in and out.

Instead WWE has planned camera for every spot and every move. Titus has a hot tag? Better go to lower hard cam side camera number 2.

I'd say this type of shit would improve with HHH instead of dunn but he does the same crap in nxt.

WCW was better than WWF. It's been scientifically proven by the highly acclaimed, award-winning Super Grades.

It brings a real tear to my eye.

Top Bottom