• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just because he said and did terrible things in life doesn't mean his Warrior character can't do some good in the world in some way today.

The one true Warrior Award 2016 recipient

dotson.jpg
I'm so glad J&J went to his school. They learned from the best.

Pretty good article on Vince vs fans

But that’s a moot point because I doubt in this case the satisfaction of one portion of the audience must be sacrificed at the expense of the other. All conventional signs leading up to June 2, 2014, probably confirmed WWE’s belief — if by self-fulfilling prophecy — that Reigns had the makings of the next top star. But instead of just one new top star, WWE could’ve tried to create multiple new top stars, Reigns included among them, but they didn’t. They could do something to make their house shows more meaningful and more interesting to their fans at-large, but they don’t. There’s a real dilemma WWE is facing, but they’ve responded to it with the usual hubris, pining to outsmart the fans, lest it be the other way around.

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/20...ty/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Just because he said and did terrible things in life doesn't mean his Warrior character can't do some good in the world in some way today.

Surely there were better candidates than such a hateful and bitter man who spent years publicly airing his disgusting opinions? The award should have been named for Connor.

Surely there were better candidates than such a hateful and bitter man who spent years publicly airing his disgusting opinions? The award should have been named for Connor.

Connor The Crusher Legacy Award would have even been a better sounding name. This was a horrible decision in every aspect

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Won't disagree, but like the poster above mentioned... Not as marketable. Gets more mileage.

There's an alternate universe where (after The Shield split up) Roman remained the mysterious man-of-few-words, who did things on his own terms and didn't play by anyone else's rules. I'm almost certain that in such a universe Roman's over like rover right now, probably facing Authority Brock for the title in the main event.

I'm reading this editorial, and I knew Warrior had conservative beliefs, but I didn't know those beliefs would go so far.

I'm reading this editorial, and I knew Warrior had conservative beliefs, but I didn't know those beliefs would go so far.

One of the first times he openly spoke about politics, he dropped the "queering don't make the world work" quote. Dude's been exactly that crazy for at least a decade

Connor the Crusher doesn't have marketable facepaint.

Imagine the shitastic statue they would have cast of Connor.

Also, they need to disassociate from Connor because he's too closely tied to Daniel Bryan in the event that Bryan kills himself during his inevitable comeback.

How much do you guys get paid being on the BritWres street team? Free stickers?

This may be hard to fathom, but people are actually excited about wrestling in this country again. British wrestling doesn't just feel like a bunch of scrawny kids trying to ape American indie wrestling like it did a decade ago - in six months PROGRESS will run what very well could be the biggest attended British wrestling show in England for over 30 years, while ICW are potentially going to outdraw UFC when they run the Hydro in Glasgow later this year, which is frankly fucking crazy haha.

Should I have seen T-Bone before or is this his debut match?

This is his debut on a Chapter show - he wrestled for PROGRESS when they were at Sonisphere and Download festival. I think the Download shows are on Demand PROGRESS, he wrestled Mikey Whiplash iirc.

Mahonay

Banned
It should absolutely be the called the Connor Award for what WWE is using it for currently.

There should be a totally separate Warrior Award that does what he actually requested in the first place, give awards to those that make the show happen behind the scenes.

Heel

Can the excitement be contained to less than 1000x5000 pixels, uce? I'm trying to hate wrestling in peace over here.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The reason Warrior has an award is because everyone in wrestling from back then was a piece of shit so they basically just named their philanthropy award after a kayfabe character.

Caderfix

Someone, literally, defecated into Rock's meal back in the day, and the only reason why he didn't eat it is because Mark Henry was there to give him a heads up. Was the author of such dick move made public?

Someone, literally, defecated into Rock's meal back in the day, and the only reason why he didn't eat it is because Mark Henry was there to give him a heads up. Was the author of such dick move made public?

Don't know about this instance, but X-Pac is a well documented chef of shit sandwiches past.

Probably X Pac or HBK. Those are the two ice narrowed it down to. Context clues gave it away and Sean did it to Sunny once.

I remember reading that The Rock and Mark both were about to go to war with a few people in the back foe shit like that.

Top Bottom