• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All Japanese developed game series' have more German Suplexes, Backdrop Drivers and Lariats than you could possibly imagine.

RE6 delivered on that point. Who knew Helena was a big puroresu fan? Her technique is impeccable.

MC Safety

It's pointless to argue with people who think Eva's accomplished something.

She's simply hated because she's vapid and forced upon an audience who wants nothing to do with her. Vickie Guerrero achieved this with overexposure, nepotism, and being shrill.

Compare that to a Fabulous Moolah who was hated because she was a villain.

One involves psychology and talent. One is no achievement at all.

Bronx-Man

Banned
WWE Hall of Famer Madusa gets it about Eva Marie. Listen closely.

zmvti2S.png
X-pac heat is not heat.

Recall

She is right. I just don't understand how some of you don't see iit or get it.

What use is having all this heat if no one knows how to capitalise on it?

WWE's audience is supposedly kids and families and not Internet smart fans. Which demographic does she have "heat" with? What storyline has her working either demographic to make money?

Everything is so half assed.

In a year no one will care in either direction for her and not a dime was made.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
X-pac heat is not heat.

I'm not gonna argue with one of the biggest forces in women's wrestling, though. She would know more about it than me, I'm just a guy on the internet.

WWE's audience is supposedly kids and families and not Internet smart fans. Which demographic does she have "heat" with? What storyline has her working either demographic to make money?

How many Liquidsnakes do you think are out there? She draws money.

Zach

It's pointless to argue with people who think Eva's accomplished something.

She's simply hated because she's vapid and forced upon an audience who wants nothing to do with her. Vickie Guerrero achieved this with overexposure, nepotism, and being shrill.

Compare that to a Fabulous Moolah who was hated because she was a villain.

One involves psychology and talent. One is no achievement at all.

X-pac heat is not heat.

This is all good enough for me. I'm bored with the Eva Marie conversation. It just seems like the same old dudes being contrarian for funsies. It's tired.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'm not gonna argue with one of the biggest forces in women's wrestling, though. She would know more about it than me, I'm just a guy on the internet.
Madusa's one of the best, but I'm just not sure Eva's got the type of heat that makes people wanna fork over their cash. But if Eva can draw, she can draw.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is all good enough for me. I'm bored with the Eva Marie conversation. It just seems like the same old dudes being contrarian for funsies. It's tired.

You really think Madusa has nothing better to do with her time?

klonere

Banned
Yo Evolve, you should totally start doing a deal on your double shot iPPV weekends where if you buy both ahead of time you get a discount on the whole package.

Why don't they do this?

Syder

Madusa's one of the best, but I'm just not sure Eva's got the type of heat that makes people wanna fork over their cash. But if Eva can draw, she can draw.
What is Eva Marie's character? A 'Total Diva'/reality star first, wrestler second; the vapid model type, etc. Sure, someone that has X-Pac heat can be draw but WWE just put her on a face tag team for WrestleMania. Clearly, they don't understand what the Eva Marie character is or the type of heat she gets. If they were smart they would pair her up with heel Roman like so many people have been suggesting.

Whether or not she draws is irrelevant because WWE don't understand why she's hated and will crowbar her in wherever they can.

Sephzilla

Seriously, why are we wasting time on Eva Marie? Yeah, she has heat, but it's X-Pac heat because she sucks as a talent. That's it. Discussion over.

Recall

What was the last WWE match where the whole match story was about avoiding a move, as the moment the move would be applied the match would be over?

Ambrose should spend the entire Lesnar match doing his best to counter, reverse and avoid the F5's and German Holds at WM.

Syder

Seriously, why are we wasting time on Eva Marie? Yeah, she has heat, but it's X-Pac heat because she sucks as a talent. That's it. Discussion over.
Damn straight. You could walk into any model agency and find another Eva Marie in seconds. A good looking girl that can't wrassle for shit.

Heel

Whether or not she draws is irrelevant because WWE don't understand why she's hated and will crowbar her in wherever they can.

Let's dispel once and for all with the fiction that Vince McMahon doesn't know what he is doing, he knows exactly what he is doing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Damn straight. You could walk into any model agency and find another Eva Marie in seconds. A good looking girl that can't wrassle for shit.

Eh, she has to be able to act. She is a Total Divas veteran, after all.

dream

Oh, so now we're accusing Hall of Famers of being gimmick tweeters because they offer an opinion that is opposed to ours.

Heel

Here's my thinking, Zachtista. A heel done to the standards of what you guys think a heel should be would actually be enjoyed by you, so what's the point? I'm of the belief that Eva is booked as a heel for ISEC smarks who think they have it all figured out. The more WWE "doesn't get it", the more you talk. The New Kayfabe, if you will.

Also, I'd appreciate if you stopped being so dismissive of opposing views. That, is truly tried.

Anth0ny

Rock just instagrammed a clip for Mania with this comment:

1997, I was 25yrs old, the youngest Intercontinental Champion in WWE history and performing in #WrestleMania13.

It would become one of the most defining moments of my life. Not because it was my first WrestleMania I had the privilege to be a part of, but because I was boo'd out of the building. Literally boo's that screamed "Get the f*ck outta here". And when you're supposed to be a good guy or "babyface" in wrestling speak - getting boo'd is the worst thing that can ever happen. They boo'd me because I wasn't being real. I was told by the company how to act, how to respond to fans and the worst part of all.. I was told what to say and what not to say.
Not long after this match, I lost the title and was eventually sent home for months to recuperate from an injury - it didn't really matter anyway because I wasn't drawing the company any money nor did the fans care I was gone.

A week before I was scheduled to return to the WWE, I got a call from Vince who said "How do feel about turning heel?" (which means becoming a bad guy). I said "Great, but I have one request... give me 2 minutes on the microphone on live TV and let me be myself. Be real and authentic. I gotta be me". Vince said "You got it". The following week I cut a promo that was from the heart. Real and authentic.

6 months later I was the hottest heel in the company.

Even though I hated being boo'd out of the building at WrestleMania13, I learned one of the greatest life lessons that still serves me today. Be real. Be authentic. Be me.

Truly my honor to perform this Sunday at #WrestleMania32 for the WWE Universe.. as me. #TheRock #DwayneJohnson #BigBrownBaldTattooedPuppyLover #SlightlyElectrifyingAndOneHandsomeSumbitch

does anyone else smell what the rock is cooking?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What are you doing for Mania?

I'm not saying we should have a radical party, though, as you cannot be trusted.

I'm having just one person over to enjoy it for their first time. I really, REALLY enjoy watching WrasslinMania with non-fans. I love watching ALL wrestling with non-fans. Gives me some much needed perspective.

Are you going to NXT in Tulsey Town? I figure we should do a mini Wrasslin-GAF meetup before the NXT show at a spot downtown.

kiguel182

It's weird that Eva has heat since apparently WWEs audience is kids and they don't care about wrestling skills.

I mean she is part of the face team at Mania so obviously people love her.

Zach

I'm having just one person over to enjoy it for their first time. I really, REALLY enjoy watching WrasslinMania with non-fans. I love watching ALL wrestling with non-fans. Gives me some much needed perspective.

Are you going to NXT in Tulsey Town? I figure we should do a mini Wrasslin-GAF meetup before the NXT show at a spot downtown.

NXT is coming to Tulsa?

Edit: Sheeeeiiiiiii... May 7. I did not know this. I'm looking into it.

Kurita

All Japanese developed game series' have more German Suplexes, Backdrop Drivers and Lariats than you could possibly imagine.

That's true, wrestling in Japanese pop culture has a less corny image than in the West actually! It's pretty interesting to see.

Heel

It's weird that Eva has heat since apparently WWEs audience is kids and they don't care about wrestling skills.

I mean she is part of the face team at Mania so obviously people love her.

As Zach just proved, WrassleGAF is a like-minded echo chamber that often refuses to acknowledge anything but the narrow portion of the audience they represent.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No, the difference between heel heat and go away heat is that you can make money off of heel heat. Where's the Eva Marie money?

How many Liquidsnakes are there? I know he's one in a million, not trying to take anything away from Liquidsnake but still. Lots of people feel the same way.

Nekofrog

Banned
Are people still debating with the intentionally contrarian Eva posters here? We're not dismissing your opinion, we're seeing through your charade.

WWE should stop being so concerned with trying to work 'smart' fans into reacting the way they want and concentrate on providing a good product - when the content is good, the fanbase will react accordingly. It's that fucking simple.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
How many Liquidsnakes are there? I know he's one in a million, not trying to take anything away from Liquidsnake but still. Lots of people feel the same way.

Not that many? I'm reasonably sure everyone who has ever been on TV has at least one big fan. Hell, my wife asks about Biff Busick literally every time NXT comes on and he was on a televised show exactly once and she found him really entertaining.

Brooklyn booing every time Roman lands a hit...when will it end with this dude?

Was the crowd chanting "we want Asuka" during the Diva's match?

New Day entertaining as usual.

Top Bottom