• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Remember when WM2000 ended?

I don't.

It never did.

The last 16 years have been the fallout of WM2000.
You see, the ending of WM IX meant they needed to change things and they did. With WM 2000, they didn't. Which is why WM 2000 will always be the worst mania of all time.

Someone made a great point, ICP are wrestling Legends(lmfao did I just say that?). They wrestled and contributed music wise, they should've been inducted before big Snoop.

Someone made a great point, ICP are wrestling Legends(lmfao did I just say that?). They wrestled and contributed music wise, they should've been inducted before big Snoop.

As crazy as it sounds, ICP's Stranglemania VHS tapes from the 90s helped get a lot of American fans into Japanese wrestling.

Caderfix

They don't even know how magnets work, man... Although I wouldn't be surprised if people said the same about the other HoFs.

2000 isn't that bad.

I'm sure this gets tossed out every year, but what's the best Mania match, and what's your favorite?

As far as best goes, modern audiences and WWE will tell you Taker/HBK I, but really... it doesn't top Austin/Hart.

Favorite for me? I'll get back to ya.

2000 isn't that bad.

I'm sure this gets tossed out every year, but what's the best Mania match, and what's your favorite?

As far as best goes, modern audiences and WWE will tell you Taker/HBK I, but really... it doesn't top Austin/Hart.

Best Mania match is the greatest match in the world and that belongs to WM, the Ironman match. My favourite is probably King v Michael Cole.

Fox318

You guys are lobbying so hard against WrestleMania 2000 that my expectations are going to be so low that I'm swayed into believing that the show overachieved. I smell a D+...

n7wJH3F.gif

Caderfix

2000 isn't that bad.

My favorite is Bryan vs HHH. People went crazy in the arena, and as corny as it was, it lead to another match on the same night which was a very satisfying end to the B+ player thing.

In my opinion, the best was Angle vs Eddie at XX. It ended via shenanigans, but it was great. Second place belongs to Hardy Boyz x Dudley Boyz x E&C at X7.

Toki767

2000 isn't that bad.

2000 was so bad that in the 20 years of Mania video WWE did back in the day, every Mania's focus was the main event until Mania 2000 where the highlight was the TLC match, not the main event.

2000 was so bad that in the 20 years of Mania video WWE did back in the day, every Mania's focus was the main event until Mania 2000 where the highlight was the TLC match, not the main event.

That's more of an indictment of the main event than the show as a whole. I won't argue it was even good but it's got the TLC and it's got Angle/Benoit/Jericho so it's at least got something.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't even get it. I don't think Eva Marie is particularly good looking, even. She looks like she's made out of plastic.

Toki767

That's more of an indictment of the main event than the show as a whole. I won't argue it was even good but it's got the TLC and it's got Angle/Benoit/Jericho so it's at least got something.

Yeah but even Mania 13 focused on Sid/Undertaker rather than Bret/Austin.

I don't even get it. I don't think Eva Marie is particularly good looking, even. She looks like she's made out of plastic.
That's the thing. They think people will cheer Eva cause of how hot she is. But there are women in the WWE just as attractive, if not, more attractive than her. I mean jesus, have you seen Alexa Bliss?

Caderfix

I agree with you, in my opinion there are many better looking female wrestler in the WWE. But, still, she's got what can be called "main-stream beauty". It's actually easy to understand why people think she's drop dead gorgeous when you take in consideration the looks that get the most attention nowadays.

Sephzilla

That's the thing. They think people will cheer Eva cause of how hot she is. But there are women in the WWE just as attractive, if not, more attractive than her. I mean jesus, have you seen Alexa Bliss?

Eva Marie is extremely attractive but she wouldn't be in my fav five attractive WWE wrestlers
Alexa Bliss
Sasha Banks
Carmella
Becky Lynch
Nikki Bella
All five are better wrestlers, too

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I guess if looks are important to you in wrestling, then it matters
hutcZNW.jpg

Sephzilla

Isn't "looks" the only reason Eva Marie has a job in WWE right now? Wasn't she part of the Laurenitis group of women hires who were babes that were awful in the ring?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't "looks" the only reason Eva Marie has a job in WWE right now? Wasn't she part of the Laurenitis group of women hires who were babes that were awful in the ring?

She has zero ties to Johnny Ace.

Recall

Wrestling skill, Mic work, Looks.

You only need one for millions of people to tune in every week.

MC Safety

The WWE is like the WPA for untalented women wrestlers.

Cameron, Rosa Mendes, and Tamina Snuka are on the gravy train. Eva Marie will ride her lack of talent to a championship.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE Hall of Famer Madusa gets it about Eva Marie. Listen closely.

zmvti2S.png

Top Bottom