• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

WWE should stop being so concerned with trying to work 'smart' fans into reacting the way they want and concentrate on providing a good product - when the content is good, the fanbase will react accordingly. It's that fucking simple.
They are, the drunks are just ruining it for the kids

Look at those kids! They love Roman!

Zach

And OKC. And Salina.

OKC Fri, Tulsa Sat.

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/714529405238964225

BOK Center in Tulsa. Saturday? Sounds PERFECT to me.

It's not at the BOK Center. It's at the Cox Business Center (used to be the Convention Center). And I work that day. But I can probably get out of here around 5:00. I'm planning on going.

As Zach just proved, WrassleGAF is a like-minded echo chamber that often refuses to acknowledge anything but the narrow portion of the audience they represent.

Shaaat aaap. It's obvs that I just don't want to go round and round with people who seemingly get off on being annoying to others. That's the impression I get with this stuff. I apologize if I'm waaay off the mark and all of the praise for Eva Marie is super sincere.

dream

Are people still debating with the intentionally contrarian Eva posters here? We're not dismissing your opinion, we're seeing through your charade.

Can we imagine, just for a second, that people have individual tastes apart from that of the ISEC hivemind? What would that world look like?

Well I obviously support this endeavor.

Austin_Rock+bros.gif

Heel

They are, the drunks are just ruining it for the kids

Look at those kids! They love Roman!

I love the idea that anyone liking Eva Marie or Roman Reigns is an unfathomable concept, even "intentionally contrarian" as Nekofrog puts it, to a lot of people here. That's an interesting reality to create, to say the least.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's not at the BOK Center. It's at the Cox Business Center (used to be the Convention Center). And I work that day. But I can probably get out of here around 5:00. I'm planning on going.

Shit, CBC? Even easier. I'd like to keep it simple. 2 spots picked. One spot to eat and drink if wanted before the show, near the venue, and then a post-show eat or drink thing. Probably just IHOP bullshit.

You're probably the biggest gimmick poster here, just looking at your post history.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Brooklyn booing every time Roman lands a hit.

The interesting thing is that everyone suggested that if they weren't going to turn him heel, they should turn him into a silent badass again, which is where it seems like they're going, but he's still getting booed. I don't think he had more than a few sentences the entire buildup to main eventing WM. I think he had one promo on SmackDown that was maybe 90 seconds and that's it (and he was getting a little sufferin' succotash in that promo too).

If they had him coming out the front to different music and just fighting people without saying anything the entire time I bet he wouldn't be getting booed as much because he'd at least be his own character.

Bandini

Eva Marie is what she is as a performer, but her match with Bayley showed me that given the right booking, she can be a lot of fun.

There is something there to work with. It just takes a lot of effort to bring it out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I mentioned this to Boots earlier, I really wish PROGRESS would stop with those horrible, horrible titles.

I'm a big Morrissey fan, but let's not put that in the name of the event. Not a wrestling event. Maybe a crying event.

Zach

Shit, CBC? Even easier. I'd like to keep it simple. 2 spots picked. One spot to eat and drink if wanted before the show, near the venue, and then a post-show eat or drink thing. Probably just IHOP bullshit.

You just let me know if you coordinate some happenings, daddeh, and we'll attend if convenient.

Syder

I love the idea that anyone liking Eva Marie or Roman Reigns is an unfathomable concept, even "intentionally contrarian" as Nekofrog puts it, to a lot of people here. That's an interesting reality to create, to say the least.
There are people here that like Roman though. I'm definitely not one of those people that think the Roman project is unsalvageable. The Roman debate and the Eva debate are different, I believe.

klonere

Banned
If you think Eva is a good heel, please remove yourself from this thread. I don't like my safe space being invaded by people who clearly are simply out to put forth contrarian opinions to get a rise out of others. I have contacted the mods and they are speeding towards you inbox as we speak with sternly worded PMs about "community guidelines" and "Terms of Service". Your ass will be ejected from this forum.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You just let me know if you coordinate some happenings, daddeh, and we'll attend if convenient.

I think it'll be easy. I'm all about comfort and ease. It'll probably just be me and one other, Abra Cadaver if he's up for it and whomever he brings, and maybe some others. Good folks. He keeps good company.

How come CHIKARA can present a family friendly product that's loved by its audience, young and old, but the infinite might of the WWE struggles to do the same?

Yes! Real glad to see Trent Seven getting a shot, really like his team with Tyler - glad they're planning on using the Dunne brothers more. Pete's having a really good year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How come CHIKARA can present a family friendly product that's loved by its audience, young and old, but the infinite might of the WWE struggles to do the same?

Whoa, slow down. I think we'll need particular years cited. 2009 CHIKARA was aight.

dream

There are people here that like Roman though. I'm definitely not one of those people that think the Roman project is unsalvageable. The Roman debate and the Eva debate are different, I believe.

Maybe, but at the end of the day, it comes down to the same bully tactics that we've seen in this thread for years, predicated on the belief that anyone who disagrees with us is a "gimmick poster" because they can't possibly like something we dislike, or dislike something we like. Because, after all, we are experts on professional wrestling, and we have taste.

klonere

Banned
What was the last WWE match where the whole match story was about avoiding a move, as the moment the move would be applied the match would be over?

Ambrose should spend the entire Lesnar match doing his best to counter, reverse and avoid the F5's and German Holds at WM.

The Finn/Joe match should be based around if Joe can get his sleeper on cleanly. He's attacked and choked out Finn twice with it Finn showing no signs of being able to fight out in a meaningful way and Joe has killed everyone else with the move as well. Definitely will the key move of the match and teasing it will be electric.

Zach

I think it'll be easy. I'm all about comfort and ease. It'll probably just be me and one other, Abra Cadaver if he's up for it and whomever he brings, and maybe some others. Good folks. He keeps good company.

It would be me and speech path girl. We're both affable enough.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It would be me and speech path girl. We're both affable enough.

I've got no worries, I know at its core, WrassleGAF is good folks despite our passionate opinions.

That does it. We are keeping you in 1998Verse forever.

You're not allowed back.

images

What was the last WWE match where the whole match story was about avoiding a move, as the moment the move would be applied the match would be over?

Ambrose should spend the entire Lesnar match doing his best to counter, reverse and avoid the F5's and German Holds at WM.
HBK v Orton. Well HBK couldn't use the SCM or he'd be DQ.

Heel

Shaaat aaap. It's obvs that I just don't want to go round and round with people who seemingly get off on being annoying to others. That's the impression I get with this stuff. I apologize if I'm waaay off the mark and all of the praise for Eva Marie is super sincere.

Zachtista, I've been nothing but nice to you, but if you insist on being sarcastic, dismissive, and passive-aggressive all in one go just because your ideals are challenged we just can't be pals.

I don't know how to relay my sincerity to you, other than to tell you I enjoy the dynamic Eva Marie brings to wrestling. In my view, there's more to wrestling being "good" than in-ring ability. I'm not out here pretending she's chain wrestling and putting on 5 star matches for the Observerites.

How can you not accept there's some compelling psychology at play here when she's easily the most polarizing female in wrestling? Come the hell on, uce.

Whoa, slow down. I think we'll need particular years cited. 2009 CHIKARA was aight.

I'm not even following the current product, but they still draw a similar audience and it's always been a mix of young and old - families and "smarks" alike, having a good time, cheering the faces, booing the heels and reacting to the product as intended.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Eva Marie is what she is as a performer, but her match with Bayley showed me that given the right booking, she can be a lot of fun.

There is something there to work with. It just takes a lot of effort to bring it out.

I agree completely.

That Eva Marie/Bayley title match gives me the fucking chills every time I watch it. Possibly my favorite women's match in years, even over Bayley vs. Sasha or Becks.

It's interesting how they worked together. It's not GREAT, it's just different. Knowing Eva has next to know wrestling skill, it was on her charisma.

I don't even recognize this! Who's getting a beating? Dusty?

yeah

Nekofrog

Banned
Maybe, but at the end of the day, it comes down to the same bully tactics that we've seen in this thread for years, predicated on the belief that anyone who disagrees with us is a "gimmick poster" because they can't possibly like something we dislike, or dislike something we like. Because, after all, we are experts on professional wrestling, and we have taste.

There's a world of difference between liking a performer and claiming that their heat is legit heel heat that is worth money. You can like what the person does yourself but to claim that people are booing her because everyone loves to hate her is ignoring nearly everything about the actual situation.

Like what you like, more power to you. Do not try to misrepresent what is actually happening.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There's a world of difference between liking a performer and claiming that their heat is legit heel heat that is worth money. You can like what the person does yourself but to claim that people are booing her because everyone loves to hate her is ignoring nearly everything about the actual situation.

Like what you like, more power to you. Do not try to misrepresent what is actually happening.

You completely love to hate her, though. I mean look at this thread. It's all evidence supporting this.
LnHtwwI.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bayley vs. Eva is the last interesting WWE related match I've seen.

It's just so different in a way. Complete and utter concern and worry about the outcome - that doesn't happen often. It's really interesting. Don't get me wrong, Eva Marie ain't shit. But the PROSPECT of her possibly taking that title from Bayley was unreal. Post counts in here shot up at the time as it aired. It was fantastic. I just love people feeling SOMETHING for wrestling.

Eva heat is Max Landis heat

Please don't speak badly of Max Landis.

Top Bottom