• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's right.

Tell them. Tell them how it is.

I'll talk about it!

Please read my article on the match at http://www.legitshook.com/wrestlema.../4/4/wrestlemania-23-xxiii?rq=wrestlemania 23 - sadly the jiffs I made are out of commission.

For those of you who don't want to "give legitshook clicks" (even though we don't make a dime over there for clicks)

Match 4: World Heavyweight Title Match - Da Undatakah vs Batista

Teddy Long announces the match, and Druids come out. Because Druids. Taker comes out of a shining light with a fuckton of smoke. JR calls him "The best pure striker" so I want to shit myself out of spite. Batista comes out after getting lost on the entrance ramp (it's monstrous!) and kicks things off with a spear. Taker does his "patented MMA strikes" which I'd like to see the goddamn patent for. Taker drags Batista out of the ring. Lots of fighting outside of the ring. Bats tosses Taker into the steps, does a funny-looking bump I hope I'll gif. Batista does a flying shoulderblock off of the top rope, a strange thing to see Batista hitting. Taker hits Bats with a big boot, then Batista hops up and clotheslines Taker. Taker hits Batista with ANOTHER huge boot (and it looked monstrous) - then grabs Batista's wrist so he can daintily walk across the ropes for "old school" - Taker then goes for the Chokeslam, Batista powers out of it and rolls out of the ring. Taker punches Batista who is on the apron, outside the ring, then does a brutal legdrop on the apron to off of the floor. Huuuge, looked great.

Then a Taker dive out of the ring to Batista. Batista's taking care of Grandpa Undertaker out here, unlike Shawn Michaels who was just fine having Taker die outside.

Batista's getting pissed, manages to turn the tables and destroy a couple - throws Taker through the timekeepers' station, we get the token Lillian Garcia fleeing spot, then it's time to destroy the ECW table. Tazz runs away. They make their way to the Raw table, and Batista hits a HUGE slam on top of the table, turning it to pieces.

Taker is getting the shit kicked out of him here, and it looks fantastic and believable. Back into the ring. Batista goes for a Batista bomb, it's countered! Then countered again and Taker gets his with a belly to belly! Another counter, Taker with a immense Last Ride that gets countered. Huge amount of air on that. Then a BIG chokeslam from Taker! Batista makes his way up, hits another spear, then hits a Batista Bomb on Taker. ONE TWO DID HE GET HIM NO JUST TWO. Goddamn! Batista goes for a second Batista Bomb to put Taker down, reversed into a backdrop, then it's TOMBSTONE CITY as Gorilla Monsoon would say and that's that. Hell of a match.

Mahonay

Banned
Some of the best entrances too.
HX63C.gif

Heroman

Banned
I think i have decided that the Shawn Michaels and Undertaker match at WrestleMania 25 will go down as one of my all time fav matches and easily Undertaker's best match, by far.
The only taker macthes that comes close to Wm 25 is wm 26 and that first hell in a cell match. Weirdly enough all of them have Shawn in them

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If Angle hadn't gone to TNA, what indie promotion would he have spent his time with and done the best?

If Angle hadn't gone to TNA, what indie promotion would he have spent his time with and done the best?
He probably would of been having Percy Pringle as his manager at Championship Wrestling from Hollywood instead of Shaun Ricker. Having feuds with Cabana, Brian Cage and Willie Mack.

Zach

Dr. Death just got knocked out, the poor bastard.

Now doesn't he come back and then JR turns heel or something? Can't wait for that nonsense.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Saw it; I can't agree with you on that one. That match was very meh for me. Dude opens the match spearing Taker and backs off to let Taker get back on his feet. Taker over sells a flip over the stairs. Taker lets out a flurry of punches while on his knees....

shit was cheesy as fuck.

Taker moved with the speed of an indie flippy dude in that match with Michaels. He didn't rinse and repeat any spots. It was just beautiful.

How DARE you!

Diff'rent strokes though. It was a star-making match for Bateaster, though. Never before had he looked so good.

Striker

That's an insult to Taker. His matches with HHH and Michaels easily outclasses the Batista feud on both a technical and emotional level.
The Triple H matches were garbage compared to the ones with Michaels, Batista, Edge (WM 24; though the best one between them was the TLC match at ONS '08).

Zach

Did Eric Bischoff's Jay Leno ripoff "nWo Nightcap" destroy WCW?

I say yes. It is solely responsible for WCW's demise.

Sephzilla

God damn this match was so hype. This was the only match where I ever legitimately thought The Streak might be in jeopardy, and holy shit this match was #BigFightFeel. I do think this match kicked off the modern "finisher spam" era, but man it worked so well for that match. HBK kicking out of a second Tombstone complete with Taker's fancy pin made my friend's living room just erupt and I saw some of the hardest mark outs I've ever seen.

Wrestling was real for that match, friends.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dave's career as a whole has just been so interesting and cool considering how late in the game he got into the industry. Must have been cool having Trips train you and perhaps even showing you a lot of shortcuts.

It's crazy that dude is 47 yrs old now.

He's fantastic. I remember reading his book, it was a pleasant read as well. I think it was "The Animal Unleashed" or "Batista Unleashed" and he talked about how he was told to show up for his first day in the nicest suit he had, so he spent ALL of his money and showed up in this sweet ass suit, and they ripped the arms off of it (for his Deacon shit) and he was flabbergasted that they just ruined his suit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Going back to an oldie but goodie av of mine. I miss when we could do the rotating avatars on each load, and I had 3 of Bateaster's retirement.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Did Eric Bischoff's Jay Leno ripoff "nWo Nightcap" destroy WCW?

I say yes. It is solely responsible for WCW's demise.

WCW Nitro was good for about one segment a year that took way too long and had no payoff.

The NWO takeover of the set is another good one.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It still makes me laugh how "streak v. career" isn't an actual wager

Sephzilla

I could see an argument for the Taker/Batista match being better than the last two HHH/Taker matches. But there's no way Taker/Batista is better than either of the HBK matches.

Striker

I remember the rumours that hbk might be retiring and it still hadn't been mentioned. But they moment he said streak v career, my heart dropped. I couldn't believe it was actually coming true.
The story of the second Triple H-Undertaker match there being Triple H psychologically won the match, even though he was pinned, because he had beaten the Undertaker so much and how he's struggled so much since that match. Fuck off.

Sephzilla

The story of the second Triple H-Undertaker match there being Triple H psychologically won the match, even though he was pinned, because he had beaten the Undertaker so much and how he's struggled so much since that match. Fuck off.

I honestly don't like much about the HHH/Taker WM28 match. That whole "I won the war" shit from HHH was dumb as fuck since that was HHH's second WrestleMania loss to Undertaker, Taker showed up for WM28's build up and looked perfectly fine. And then HHH is all in his "I won the war" mentality and then they book a Hell in A Cell match, because HHH apparently can't win the war unless it's gimmicked as fuck to put him at an advantage.

Seriously, fuck that match. It's the weakest of any of the final 6 Streak matches.

TNA still around for now

After a lot of concern given the already taped TV was running out and nothing had been said, TNA finally announced today five days of tapings at Universal Studios in Orlando.

The current set of television taped at the end of January in the U.K. expires with tomorrow night's show on Pop TV. The tapings were announced for five days, from 3/15 to 3/19. Talent had been told about the dates a few weeks ago but there were still concerns over the lack of announcement and lack of travel itinerary.

TNA announced today that over the five days they will be taping episodes of Impact, Xplosion and One Night Only PPV shows.

They will run 3/15 to 3/19 with all shows starting at 7 p.m. There will also be a 3/17 at 1 p.m. show, a Thursday afternoon event.

Tickets, as always, are free, although they are selling $99 VIP tickets or premium seating and meet and greets.

The names being pushed for the tapings are Matt & Jeff Hardy, Ethan Carter III, Bobby Lashley, Drew Galloway, Eric Young, Bobby Roode, James Storm, Gail Kim and Tigre Uno.

So do I watch RAW tonight or what? What are the chances it's going to be great?

Usually, when I decide to skip RAW something awesome happens like Shane O Mac returning or Brock showing up and F5ing everyone.

Wait, now you're going to tell me not to watch, just so that it ends up good. Dang. I shouldn't have shown my hand.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hulk is completely exposing the business, get him off the stand

So do I watch RAW tonight or what? What are the chances it's going to be great?

Usually, when I decide to skip RAW something awesome happens like Shane O Mac returning or Brock showing up and F5ing everyone.

Wait, now you're going to tell me not to watch, just so that it ends up good. Dang. I shouldn't have shown my hand.

Shane is booked to show up, Brock isn't. That's pretty much all we know.

Top Bottom