• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So much filler in this PPV. I need more wrasslin'!

I think this is the debut of The Undertaker's new, edgier, tweener theme, though. So that's something.

Attitude Era is such trash. Hope you get through with it quickly, Ruthless Aggression is far more fascinating.

Tom Nook

hojoelbow3.gif

Outside of Macho Man, that's the most beautiful elbow drop I've ever seen. :O

klonere

Banned
So much filler in this PPV. I need more wrasslin'!

I think this is the debut of The Undertaker's new, edgier, tweener theme, though. So that's something.

I have no idea how you'll get through 1999. It's just...unbelievably awful. I gave up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno Owl. The more I think about it the worse everything was in the Attitude era. It was a real garbage period as far as anything actually interesting happening. It was godawful and most of the roster was total trash. I've found a lot of people who hold it in high regard can't look at the product objectively, but just grew up with it.

I mean, they were fools anyway for not watching WCW, but I digress.

I really don't think Punk's elbow is that bad. It's a sloppy flight, sure, but it lands and looks like there's weight there.
inb4 lolskinnyfatass

Anyway, why did no-one tell me before now that there was a dope looking Muta and Vampiro tag team?
tumblr_nbcpjcyohs1sg99p0o1_1280.jpg

klonere

Banned
I dunno Owl. The more I think about it the worse everything was in the Attitude era. It was a real garbage period as far as anything actually interesting happening. It was godawful and most of the roster was total trash. I've found a lot of people who hold it in high regard can't look at the product objectively, but just grew up with it.

It was fantastic lunch break discussion material, I didn't even watch it at the time and I remember debates about Kane/Taker, Rock/Austin catchphrases and sadly DX imitations. Without that instant, communal feedback with friends about the show you are left with a great main event scene (except for too much Kane/Taker/Austin in 98) and a ton of garbage.

Watching it for the first time myself I actually enjoyed mid 96 to the beginning of 98 much more than the real "peak" of the Attitude Era.

I will say one thing, and that's for the most part if I'm looking through the 1999 WWE PPV events on the network I'm noticing that the number of classic or great matches is pretty slim pickings.
A year better viewed in the various pre main event match promo packages that make it look more exciting than it actually was.

2000 was a good WWF year
I will defend 2000 to the death.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It was fantastic lunch break discussion material, I didn't even watch it at the time and I remember debates about Kane/Taker, Rock/Austin catchphrases and sadly DX imitations. Without that instant, communal feedback with friends about the show you are left with a great main event scene (except for too much Kane/Taker/Austin in 98) and a ton of garbage.

Watching it for the first time myself I actually enjoyed mid 96 to the beginning of 98 much more than the real "peak" of the Attitude Era.

I'd say the best part of the Attitude Era is all the shit you forgot about and nobody else remembers either, because they were all only paying attention to Stone Cold. LOTS of stuff almost lost into the void, that's how little attention it got.

Some of it is better left forgotten though. Especially Val Venis, who was never good, and never enjoyable, and made for fuckin' idiots.

Some of it is better left forgotten though. Especially Val Venis, who was never good, and never enjoyable, and made for fuckin' idiots.

Continuing my shitty opinion day, I remember enjoying his PPV match with Chris Daniels that he shouldn't have had. Haven't watched it since though, so I could be entirely wrong.

Zach

I have no idea how you'll get through 1999. It's just...unbelievably awful. I gave up.

I made it through the hard times of '95, daddeh!

[thunderous applause]

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

LOL. What's funny is nobody cares. There's far more important things going on in this country than dealing with an old piece of shit racist.

Continuing my shitty opinion day, I remember enjoying his PPV match with Chris Daniels that he shouldn't have had. Haven't watched it since though, so I could be entirely wrong.

Huh. How long ago was that?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It was when Hogan came into TNA and started Hulking up the place. Nasty Boys, Bubba, all that. Let me check.

Oh. Gross. Uhh...I don't know, maybe your memory IS bad. Hah.

WWE is doing a summerslam package that includes a WTC memorial tour

not sure I like that coming from a company that says shit like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzz2n9xC8ps

Then don't buy the Summerslam package. Not a hard choice if you feel strongly about that one segment a long time ago.

Fox318

Oh. Gross. Uhh...I don't know, maybe your memory IS bad. Hah.

Then don't buy the Summerslam package. Not a hard choice if you feel strongly about that one segment a long time ago.

I still think its disgusting that the company is doing a tour like that. I get the memorial could use the money but something just feels gross about including it in a package for a sports event.

I have a personal connection to 9/11 so maybe I'm just misreading the intent here.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I still think its disgusting that the company is doing a tour like that. I get the memorial could use the money but something just feels gross about including it in a package for a sports event.

I have a personal connection to 9/11 so maybe I'm just misreading the intent here.

Corporations are people too, and people can make mistakes. I say, let em do what they can.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
LOL. What's funny is nobody cares. There's far more important things going on in this country than dealing with an old piece of shit racist.

yeah they're too busy with the old piece of shit racist running for president to worry about the one with the sextape

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
yeah they're too busy with the old piece of shit racist running for president to worry about the one with the sextape

This fool couldn't even apologize right, because he's not actually sorry. Piece of shit.
OT3hHvr.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Top Bottom