• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Kornflayx

Let's just assume Cena will be the stand-in for Shane at WM. Isn't it funny that they have finally found a way that Cena can go over the Undertaker at WM and won't be totally booed out of the arena?

Browny

Banned
Big E and Rusev will be the NA representives in the World Hoss Cup.

I prefer the Money In The Bank World Hoss Invitational...

"I've been looking forward to this next one for a long time now. It's the Money In The Bank World Hoss Invitational, featuring Vader, Kevin Owens, Tomohiro Ishii, Big E Langston, Michael Elgin (NJPW Edition), Rusev, Chris "Kamala" Hero, Vladimir Koslov, King Kong Bundy, JBL, Dave Mastiff and the ghost of Bam Bam Bigelow. One hoss will rise above all others and slowly climb a ladder not entirely guaranteed to hold their weight and girth."

korly

Thanks, I'll look for it!

Yup! It seems like every few months an episode of Raw won't record for no apparent reason. I also checked, and my series recording was gone too, so if that happened to you, you might want to check your series recordings to ensure the same thing didn't happen to you.

I fixed it. For some reason it's showing up in Xfinity as Wwe Raw instead of WWE Raw and that messed something up.

Yup, as someone who loves tag team wrestling, WWE cannot afford to break up New Day yet. There's a lot of talent in NXT, but without New Day you have jack shit in that division on the main roster. I can't go back to a year of Usos vs two random wrestlers thrown together for them to fight that month.

But they're repackaging Los Matadores any day now!

Fox318

I'm sick of WrestleMania trying to mimic the Super Bowl and only keeping it in warm regions. WrestleMania happens in April, damnit, it's usually springtime up north by then. Minnesota's getting a new retractable roof stadium, bring Mania there and fill that new fucker up.

honestly its probably a tax issue.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can only assume the Ryback match is set up as a squash for John Cena to be the hero right around Payback to beat up the bully and get his title back.

Sephzilla

honestly its probably a tax issue.

Maybe. But knowing Vince and WWE's constant need to compare themselves to actual sports leagues, it seems like he's making WrestleMania hop around to recent/upcoming Super Bowl venues for the sake of being able to compare Mania to the Super Bowl.

TLDR - I bet we'll get a WrestleMania in the Viking's new stadium once the NFL announces they're doing a Super Bowl there.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It makes me laugh when Meltzer obviously thinks Alvarez is just saying random nonsense smark shit.

Fox318

Maybe. But knowing Vince and WWE's constant need to compare themselves to actual sports leagues, it seems like he's making WrestleMania hop around to recent/upcoming Super Bowl venues for the sake of being able to compare Mania to the Super Bowl.

TLDR - I bet we'll get a WrestleMania in the Viking's new stadium once the NFL announces they're doing a Super Bowl there.

Honestly if they were gonna do it next year is the year to do it.

Brock in Minnesota is cash

Jezbollah

I seriously don't understand why they don't do a mania in the UK.

Network doesn't present the issues a PPV would.

Doesn't matter if it's network or PPV, the timezone thing is still an issue. They never showed Summerslam 92 live (it was tape delayed on the Sunday after taking place on a Saturday - and they cut 4 matches out of that PPV showing).

Unless they commit to showing it live (and it'll have to be live from 13:30 EST - 18:30 UK time - because there's a normal curfew for events like this in the UK for 22:30) then they shouldnt - tape delayed PPV is a thing of the past, let alone for a WM.

Sephzilla

Honestly if they were gonna do it next year is the year to do it.

Brock in Minnesota is cash

Maybe they're waiting a year to make sure the Viking's new stadium isn't a lemon or something. And depending on how much longer Brock wants to stick around, that could be retirement match territory (Brock is 38 and I don't see him sticking around well into his 40s)

shanafan

Feed. Me. More.

ryback_wwe_world_heavyweight_champion_by_wwe_montagensbr-d70onzl.png

Doesn't matter if it's network or PPV, the timezone thing is still an issue. They never showed Summerslam 92 live (it was tape delayed on the Sunday after taking place on a Saturday - and they cut 4 matches out of that PPV showing).

Unless they commit to showing it live (and it'll have to be live from 13:30 EST - 18:30 UK time - because there's a normal curfew for events like this in the UK for 22:30) then they shouldnt - tape delayed PPV is a thing of the past, let alone for a WM.

Why can't they? Is Sunday afternoon sports not a big thing in America?

Fox318

Maybe they're waiting a year to make sure the Viking's new stadium isn't a lemon or something. And depending on how much longer Brock wants to stick around, that could be retirement match territory (Brock is 38 and I don't see him sticking around well into his 40s)

is brock even under contract 2 years from now?

Angry Grimace

Apparently there's also some kind of additional Lana-based drama going on that Meltzer refuses to say because he knows if he says it Lana will yell at him through Rusev's twitter account.
KuGsj.gif

MC Safety

Big E. would be a great champ.

I wouldn't break up New Day, though. Except for that stupid grinding, everything they do is gold.

miserable

i bet based Haitch is gonna tell Roman to use his non-shitty version of the spear on him, so he can sell it like he's BAH GAWD broken in half

MG310

i bet based Haitch is gonna tell Roman to use his non-shitty version of the spear on him, so he can sell it like he's BAH GAWD broken in half

Better change it to a Falls Count Anywhere then because they're only good when he runs down the ramp.

I truly believe the only thing stopping this is the tag team is so ridiculous New Day would destroy their credibility. I can't imagine them or Lucha Dragons not being laughed out of the building by New Day.

Prime Time Players - broken up, Titus is dead man walking
Los Matadores - disavowed
League of Nations - LOL
#SocialOutcasts - LOL
The Ascension - not picking up their phones in case they get future endeavor'd
Dudley Boyz - no thanks
The Usos - double no thanks
Lucha Dragons - broken for now
Wyatt Family - who knows

That's your main roster tag scene. Yikes.

Angry Grimace

New Day needs a better story and opponents. They have basically nothing to do.

Meltzer says they're turning face, but he's being really cryptic about what exactly the deal is with the apparently-planned League of Nations/New Day match at WrestleMania other than there's some specific thing happening during it that's apparently key in this.

In fairness, I can see why: they just did the Rock thing that they refuse to do with Roman: go heel to get over, then just be face because....you're over.

During this morning’s WWE Wrestlemania 33 announcement press conference, WWE Superstar John Cena was one of the people who appeared on the panel at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Florida.

Cena talked about what Wrestlemania returning to Orlando means, but also addressed his Wrestlemania 32 status. Cena said he had been working very hard and trying to get back in time, but said he will not be competing at this year’s event. Cena said this year’s Wrestlemania would mark “the first time in a decade and a half” where he would be watching the event instead of having a match.

Angry Grimace

I mean, that seems obvious. Even Cena can't walk off a torn rotator cuff.

Cena needs to take his time to recover.

I'm no PT but wouldn't he be better off being smaller with less muscle?
You're actually correct. When I was talking to a personal trainer he said, lean muscle would be better during recovery. Especially if it's a leg, it's going to be weak as shit and all of that muscle will just drain.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They're trolls. That's all they do. And, that's what they're doing. They have the titles. Where else do they go from there?

Enzo and Cass will get in their asses after Mania. It'll be good.

jmdajr

You're actually correct. When I was talking to a personal trainer he said, lean muscle would be better during recovery. Especially if it's a leg, it's going to be weak as shit and all of that muscle will just drain.

Cena isn't lean muscle? The dude is almost no fat. Guess I'm confused.

Top Bottom