• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Pentagon wins
rtregefdgdfd8k0z.gif

Brutality

Gorgeous.

It's too bad Big E wasn't like four inches taller. Vince might've had a little more interest in pushing him.

My finish would have been similar but I would have had HHH about to do his thing and then "Here come's the monaaaaaaaaaay" plays and crowd pops and Trips turns around eyes wide distracted and then Ambrose hits DD.
Would have added to the storyline as a whole, and also given some belief that Trips may have more to deal with and that Ambrose has a chance.
That's too much to ask for with WWE's current booking and writing.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's too bad Big E wasn't like four inches taller. Vince might've had a little more interest in pushing him.

Will those 4 inches make his skin lighter? Because that's probably a bigger factor to the lack of interest in pushing him than anything else.

I looked earlier, but could only find short highlights. Would the entire episode get put on YouTube?

Gotcha. I usually skip around a ton these days.
Yeah they don't put the whole show on there. It's easy to get the full raws. Just google search by the date and there should be links for daily motion.
But I want a Big E push, he stoled the show on the tag match in the end.
So badly, Big E with the belt and it being defended under freebird rules. That's all I want.

Flo Rida will fill in for Lemmy when Motorhead performs

(I will say, it's pretty neat that HHH probably pushed for it as a tribute to him. Would've preferred a better song but whatever)
Yep, this is basically Lemmy's swan song. It's crazy how he was involved with wwe for almost two decades.

That's too much to ask for with WWE's current booking and writing.
Same thing I've been saying. Hunter was pushing for Big E, then Vince eventually turned his attention to Roman.

Yeah they don't put the whole show on there. It's easy to get the full raws. Just google search by the date and there should be links for daily motion.
So badly, Big E with the belt and it being defended under freebird rules. That's all I want.

Yep, this is basically Lemmy's swan song. It's crazy how he was involved with wwe for almost two decades.

Same thing I've been saying. Hunter was pushing for Big E, then Vince eventually turned his attention to Roman.

Thanks, I'll look for it!

Are you on Xfinity? I had the same problem.

Yup! It seems like every few months an episode of Raw won't record for no apparent reason. I also checked, and my series recording was gone too, so if that happened to you, you might want to check your series recordings to ensure the same thing didn't happen to you.

Big E looked so damn strong on RAW. I'll be surprised if he never becomes the world heavyweight champ in his career.
I wonder if his sloppiness is still being held over him from his first run as IC champ? He's improved drastically and I don't see why he can't be that guy. He has it all now.

Lothar

Banned
Russo was on Austin's podcast and it was actually interesting this week. They went through all the problems of WWE and Russo sounds like he knows what he's talking about, even when they talk about wrestling psychology.

Russo talked about what a joke it was last year at the Royal Rumble when Roman was booed and the Rock held up his hand to boos, yet Roman was still acting like a face. If he was in charge, he would have sent down a message for him to flip the fans off. Then they would have proceeded organically from there.

Fox318

Russo was on Austin's podcast and it was actually interesting this week. They went through all the problems of WWE and Russo sounds like he knows what he's talking about, even when they talk about wrestling psychology.

Russo talked about what a joke it was last year at the Royal Rumble when Roman was booed and the Rock held up his hand to boos, yet Roman was still acting like a face. If he was in charge, he would have sent down a message for him to flip the fans off. Then they would have proceeded organically from there.

"WE NEED THEM TO SAY THINGS LIKE SHIT PISS AND FUCK, BECAUSE THATS WRESTLING"

Sephzilla

I wouldn't have done something like that, but Russo's on the right track. Roman getting booed should have been his 'Die Rocky Die' moment. The next night on Raw he should have turned heel, citing the Rumble as why.

Lothar

Banned
"WE NEED THEM TO SAY THINGS LIKE SHIT PISS AND FUCK, BECAUSE THATS WRESTLING"

The funny thing is Austin asked Russo last week if he thought making the product edgier would help and Russo said absolutely not. That's not the problem. That has nothing to do with anything they're doing wrong.

A surprisingly good answer from the writer of the edgy Attitude Era.

Aiii

So not worth it
Reigns doesn't know how to play off of crowds, watch how Cena can turn a hostile crowd around, Reigns could never do anything off script.

Fox318

"ROMAN NEEDS TO GO OUT AND TALK ABOUT HOW HE ISN'T PRO CHOICE BUT PRO ABORTIONS, HE WANTS TO KILL BABIES. THAT WILL GET HIM OVER BRO"

klonere

Banned
Kofi has been doing god's work ever since this heel turn happened, I'd like for the three to stay together.

Yeah I think they could easily break the guys off into singles roles without having the group be disbanded. It's too much of a merch seller and brand on its on right now, just keep it around!

I'd like to see Big E in more singles action before I'd be 100% behind him as WHC material but he has everything else in abundance. He'd destroy morning TV if that's one of the big criteria would look at.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Big E needs to stay where he is keeping the tag division together by a thread.

I know "push Big E" is basically a meme around here, but there is almost no benefit to be derived from breaking up the New Day, a group that's so popular they get promo time on pretty much every single WWE show including PPVs.

Donald Trump confirmed to be in Reigns' corner at WM. Guaranteed heat...?
Bring it on. 101,000 confirmed.
Yeah I think they could easily break the guys off into singles roles without having the group be disbanded. It's too much of a merch seller and brand on its on right now, just keep it around!

I'd like to see Big E in more singles action before I'd be 100% behind him as WHC material but he has everything else in abundance. He'd destroy morning TV if that's one of the big criteria would look at.
That's why the freebirds rules work. It won't disband the group and he could be heelnas hell and refuse to defend the title and let Kofi do it. Kofi v. Seth is more appealing than Seth v Big E even though both would be gold.

My finish would have been similar but I would have had HHH about to do his thing and then "Here come's the monaaaaaaaaaay" plays and crowd pops and Trips turns around eyes wide distracted and then Ambrose hits DD.
Would have added to the storyline as a whole, and also given some belief that Trips may have more to deal with and that Ambrose has a chance.

I would have done this but with CM Punk's theme

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Big E needs to stay where he is keeping the tag division together by a thread.

I know "push Big E" is basically a meme around here, but there is almost no benefit to be derived from breaking up the New Day, a group that's so popular they get promo time on pretty much every single WWE show including PPVs.

Yup, as someone who loves tag team wrestling, WWE cannot afford to break up New Day yet. There's a lot of talent in NXT, but without New Day you have jack shit in that division on the main roster. I can't go back to a year of Usos vs two random wrestlers thrown together for them to fight that month.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuck the tag division. Burn it to the ground, its not important and as far as I can see hasn't been important since like 2002/2003 or whatever.

The reason you forgot Big E's last singles run is because it was forgettable. It's a lot easier coming up with new ideas and skits when you have three guys and the WHC picture has always been defined by guys who mostly try to be taken seriously.

kiguel182

I would love Big E with the WWE championship but it has to be with his current persona and Xavier on his side. Big E is too damn funny to have him be put in the current "WWE Superstar" mold.

Top Bottom