• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

kiguel182

Raw was good tonight. Pretty fun if we skip some filler matches (Ziggler I'm looking at you).

Sami Zayn's debut and match with Owens is enough to make Mania for me. I don't trust them to handle it well but those two wrestling is enough for me. Just make some promos of their friendship/fallout, let them go at each other in the mic and then give them time at Mania and they can steal the show.

Menome

I felt like Shane was looking right at me from the screen and going: "Yes. I will bring Damien Sandow back for you".

Watch as my dreams are crushed either by Shane losing or Shane breaking his imaginary promise.

Striker

Shane/Taker is clearly going on last...

unless Hunter is a fucking dick like he was at WM18. 'well the Title match has to go on last.' It was a fucking terrible match. Just like WM25 was, too.
It's not that it was necessarily a bad match, but two huge, important things were against it.

1. It was Hogan vs. Rock, two megastars
2. The story with the title was practically between Triple H and Stephanie, and Jericho was made to look like a total weakling. All the heat and momentum he had with The Rock from the Royal Rumble vanished.

Only some of it.

PlasticFabulousDugong.gif

how does she do that, wrestle in slow motion

I know there's been some light speculation on Kurt Angle's WWE returning for this year's Mania.

Not that this completely rules it out but he's booked for an indie show in Halifax, Nova Scotia the week after WrassleMania.

shanafan

I know there's been some light speculation on Kurt Angle's WWE returning for this year's Mania.

Not that this completely rules it out but he's booked for an indie show in Halifax, Nova Scotia the week after WrassleMania.

Is Angle's last match in TNA tonight against Lashley?

Counting up le edgy International Women's Day tweets from indy heels today

I think this is the worst offender thus far, however it is simultaneously the "cleverest"/most effort gone in to it one. There was more thought than "Happy International Women's Day" + pics of you in intergender matches
CdBvr16XEAEJBKs.png:large

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Apparently the WM33 in Orlando thing is a tie in to them opening a physical hall of fame in the area.

Apparently the WM33 in Orlando thing is a tie in to them opening a physical hall of fame in the area.
I better get a WWE amusement park as well.

One thing I used to wonder about was Vince actually building a permanent arena for WMs. But obviously I don't see that happening now since it would possibly be the only thing held in there for the most part.

orioto

Good Art™
I really hate that triple threat IC match idea :(

Neville has nothing to do there. Actually that match tonight was absolutly random. The kind of match i hate. At least, have Neville say something backstage before, or on Twitter, saying he wants the IC belt, something.. Instead you have a non title match without any reason. Neville loses it, so how exactly does he have a right to be in a Mania match for the belt lol..

But most of all Zayn and Owens have THE story between them. How do you put Neville in that ? You realize that means it won't be a tensed feud between Owens and Zayn. That means they will be treated as performers feuding for a title at the bottom of the card, maybe opener. There is no reason to even give them mic time before that if it's not a feud between the two..

Jamie OD

Neville has nothing to do there. Actually that match tonight was absolutly random. The kind of match i hate. At least, have Neville say something backstage before, or on Twitter, saying he wants the IC belt, something.. Instead you have a non title match without any reason. Neville loses it, so how exactly does he have a right to be in a Mania match for the belt lol..

But most of all Zayn and Owens have THE story between them. How do you put Neville in that ? You realize that means it won't be a tensed feud between Owens and Zayn. That means they will be treated as performers feuding for a title at the bottom of the card, maybe opener. There is no reason to even give them mic time before that if it's not a feud between the two..

It's going to be something like a 6 Way match, not a triple threat.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

It means VKM doesn't know who Zayn is

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

Yeah, I don't understand why you would even bring Zayn up if its not going to be vs Owens for the belt 1 on 1.

orioto

Good Art™
It's going to be something like a 6 Way match, not a triple threat.

I would prefer that to a triple threat. TT doesn't make any sense cause it would need a relation between the 3 (they had one in NXT maybe but Neville is a no story, no talk, no desire wrestler in RAW).

At least, a multiple match with Zayn in it, makes sense cause it's not their story yet. It's just a big match with lots of wrestler and it can build their own feud. You know what i mean it's everyone or just two of them, but not two of them and a third guy to hold the candle. A threesome is still intimate, that's not the same dynamic of an orgy!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think they should be bringing Zayn up at all, to be honest. He should have his hands full with Nakamura.

Hex

Banned
My finish would have been similar but I would have had HHH about to do his thing and then "Here come's the monaaaaaaaaaay" plays and crowd pops and Trips turns around eyes wide distracted and then Ambrose hits DD.
Would have added to the storyline as a whole, and also given some belief that Trips may have more to deal with and that Ambrose has a chance.

My finish would have been similar but I would have had HHH about to do his thing and then "Here come's the monaaaaaaaaaay" plays and crowd pops and Trips turns around eyes wide distracted and then Ambrose hits DD.
Would have added to the storyline as a whole, and also given some belief that Trips may have more to deal with and that Ambrose has a chance.
Woah buddy, baby steps for these writers. You might break the robots trying to feed them too much information.

Sounds like I might have missed a halfway decent Raw? DVR went over on me, and didn't record it. :|

Watch up through the Y2AJ/New Day match. After that it goes to Kalisto / Ryback and then I think there is a Wyatt match at the end. Raw has been having this tendency of late to blow its load in the first hour.

I like how they tried to make that Motorhead song the official theme last night, we know the official theme is that Flo Rida song. You can't trick me with this shit.

It'll be on YouTube soon buddy. Hell it might be up there now.
I looked earlier, but could only find short highlights. Would the entire episode get put on YouTube?
Watch up through the Y2AJ/New Day match. After that it goes to Kalisto / Ryback and then I think there is a Wyatt match at the end. Raw has been having this tendency of late to blow its load in the first hour.
Gotcha. I usually skip around a ton these days.

I like how they tried to make that Motorhead song the official theme last night, we know the official theme is that Flo Rida song. You can't trick me with this shit.
Flo Rida will fill in for Lemmy when Motorhead performs

(I will say, it's pretty neat that HHH probably pushed for it as a tribute to him. Would've preferred a better song but whatever)

Top Bottom