• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

RBH

New Samoa Joe shirt from ROH. Some good ideas, but overly large text on the back.

B_cmrQUWIAAmtaw.jpg:large

4XL holy crap

gol15.jpg

"Do they have it in a larger size?"

bjork

I think this is the longest a shirt has appeared in here without a post about the shirt's back. That's good, I'm glad to see you dudes coming around.

MC Safety

F- Bill DeMott.

I barely follow wrestling and I knew he was an ass. He was the guy on Tough Enough who watched Hardcore Holly beat the living crap out of a kid and then told him he did a good thing by taking it like a man.

Hasney

I think this is the longest a shirt has appeared in here without a post about the shirt's back. That's good, I'm glad to see you dudes coming around.

I think if you wear Joes size, it doesn't matter what the back says.

Also, I haven't posted my glee about DeMott leaving...

187%20-%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20john_laurinaitis%20smiling%20suit%20thumbs_up%20wwe.gif

Atleast you won't have to see Bill Demott on Tough Enough now. WWE is a carny as fuck organization though so they will probably hire him back in 6 months once this cools down. People knew this stuff about Demott for years and nothing ever happened.

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE's whole " WWE Universe" shtick and pushing Twitter trends and Facebook Likes and shit really backfires on them a lot with how some of these hash tags and tweets have resulted in negative publicity for them.

I mean, they could silently rehire DeMott six months from now (or promote him back up from his new position, whatever), but who's to keep people from calling attention to his sir again?

RP912

Banned
First Cities: Skyline coming out next week, then Kendrick Lamar's new album comes out this month, and now Bill Dimwitt stepping down.

March is looking marvelous....all we need now is the man in my avatar to make his boyhood dream come true...

Aiii

So not worth it
Tommy Dreamer legit thinks 1 illegal download = 1 paying customer.
I have to post something that's been eating away at me since House of Hardcore 7 -- my 1st IPPV. It was my most successful showing of my brand of what I feel professional wrestling is all about. I couldn't have been happier with how the show came across. Most IPPVs have delays or lost feeds or audio problems -- no negative feedback for our show.

A fan told me about an illegal streaming server showing MY IPPV. I actually contacted the site and they said they "are a third party hosting site and it is not illegal in their country (China), so go after DailyMotion, YouTube, and other sites that are showing it & to go F*CK off."

Well, that put me on a warpath. I know that some countries have no laws with regards to the Internet, so if you live in those countries, you have immunity from my rage. Anyway, I kept on monitoring the views of my show (on the illegal steam) & it just got me madder & sadder everyday. So, I took action and hired a firm that goes after these people. Here is the info:

I can do nothing to the actual people who own the site. However, I was able to get the site shut down. Here is the bigger news: those scumbags give up the people that ordered them with email addresses & other info. They also sell that info to other spam sites. The revenge news for me was most people would get a virus or expose their computer. Remember: no laws so when that happens or they take your info, you are F*CKED. At the end of the day, it was 66,000 illegal downloads so if you do the math, 66,000 x $15 equals $990,000.

That changes my life. That changes the landscape of the wrestling business. I have a huge long-range plan for wrestlers & wrestling fans. With that money, it happens and that was just on one torrent site. I understand economically, at times, it's hard to come up w/$15. One time, I wanted to watch the Royal Rumble and my dad said, "I ain't paying." I got 4 of my friends, they all kicked in $10, and we had a great time.

For the people that support me, I love you so much. For the people that watched my show illegally, thanks for the interest. I'm honored that 66,000 of you did. I give you a pass. I have hired a company to go after these people and these sites & know they give you up. This company works for a cut so they are ruthless & send your info to other companies if they want to go after you on other movies or PPV events you may have illegally viewed. When you watch a movie and they have those 'piracy isn't a victimless crime' advertisements and you think those BIG companies like WWE, UFC, SONY, Universal don't care. Well, I'm a wrestling fan and I have always considered us family, so here is a picture of victims who suffer for it. Thanks for the support, I love you guys, and am looking forward to a great show on Saturday. Please share this & spread the word.

Poor guy, I would be surprised if more than a couple percent of those downloads would translate to legit buys if XWT wasn't around.

Poor guy, I would be surprised if more than a couple percent of those downloads would translate to legit buys if XWT wasn't around.

he does have a point of saying all the money that he lost.

remember that money is needed to keep a business running.

And whenever you loose that kind of money, means that he could have signed an extra talent for those coins

bjork

He sounds like Jessie Slaughter's dad. I wonder how he felt about tape trading.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion

I think the important part here is that he didn't go off on the people who used the websites but the website themselves. There are a lot of anti-piracy rant that mean well, but choose the wrong targets to channel their rage at.

Kaladin

When I was torrenting heavily, I was more of a potential paying customer. It gave me an avenue to try things out at a time when we didn't have the free matches and shit like we have online now.

Most of the promotions I torrented, I eventually bought from if I liked them.

Now I can truthfully say I don't pirate anything. Hell, I don't even watch the lamp feeds of Raw anymore....I just watch it later in the week on Hulu Plus.

kirblar

In WWE's case, the crap product is a big deal. People are willing to pay for it when it's good/hot. But when the product's ice cold and your best stuff gets put on Hulu, what's the point?

RBH

Anyone have a list of wrestling venues coming to the Bay Area this month? Is Ring of Honor worth going to?
ROH is definitely worth going to.

032715_SCOH9.jpeg

RING OF HONOR WRESTLING PRESENTS
SUPERCARD OF HONOR IX

FRIDAY, MARCH 27TH, 2015
The Sports House
3151 Edison Way - Redwood City, CA 94063

Doors Open 5:30pm / 7:30pm Bell Time

MATCHES TO BE ANNOUNCED!

SIGNED TO APPEAR
New Japan Pro Wrestling's Jushin "Thunder" Liger
The Briscoes
Jay Lethal
Matt Sydal
reDRagon
ACH
Maria Kanellis
- Plus More

http://www.rohwrestling.com/live/events/2015/mar/27/032715-supercard-honor-ix-redwood-city-ca

EVOLVE-BUYTIX-HEADER-1.jpg

EVOLVE 39
Thursday, March 26th, 2015
Bell Time – 8 PM PST/11 PM EST
Fiesta Hall
Santa Clara Fairgrounds
344 Tully Road
San Jose, CA 95111

* No Restrictions, No Limits – Non-Title: EVOLVE Champion Drew Galloway vs. “Darewolf” PJ Black
* DGUSA Open The Freedom Gate Champion Johnny Gargano vs. AR Fox
* Timothy Thatcher vs. Drew Gulak
* Chris Hero vs. Ethan Page
* Biff Busick vs. Tommy End
* Ricochet & Uhaa Nation vs. Caleb Konley & Brian Cage with So Cal Val

Tickets: http://www.wwnlive.com/SJCA/

KOI-BUYTIX-HEADER-1.jpg

King of Indies presents
King of Indies - Night 1
BELLTIME: 8PM PST

Already signed:
- B-Boy
- Rey Horus

For more information: www.KingOfIndies.net

EVOLVE-BUYTIX-HEADER-2.jpg

EVOLVE 40
Friday, March 27th- 3pm PST, 6pm EST
www.WWNLive.com

* Ricochet vs. “Darewolf” PJ Black
* Non-Title Match: EVOLVE Champion Drew Galloway vs. Uhaa Nation
* Johnny Gargano & Rich Swann vs. Caleb Konley & Brian Cage with So Cal Val
* AR Fox vs. Ethan Page
* Chris Hero vs. Biff Busick
* Timothy Thatcher vs. Tommy End

WWNSS-BUYTIX-HEADER.jpg

WWN Supershow
Saturday, March 28th – 4pm PST, 7pm EST
www.WWNLive.com

Generation Next vs. The New Generation
Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs. Ricochet & Uhaa Nation

The men who changed the landscape ten years ago vs the men who changed Dragon Gate and WWN

Dareworlf vs. Daredevil

PJ Black vs. AR Fox

Two of the most extreme athletes on the planet face off for the first time

Grudge Match
Chris Hero vs. Timothy Thatcher

WOMEN-BUYTIX-HEADER.jpg

SHIMMER Women Athletes presents
SHIMMER Volume 71

BELLTIME: 12PM PST

Kaladin

I think the important part here is that he didn't go off on the people who used the websites but the website themselves. There are a lot of anti-piracy rant that mean well, but choose the wrong targets to channel their rage at.

Actually:

For the people that watched my show illegally, thanks for the interest. I'm honored that 66,000 of you did. I give you a pass. I have hired a company to go after these people and these sites & know they give you up. This company works for a cut so they are ruthless & send your info to other companies if they want to go after you on other movies or PPV events you may have illegally viewed.

So while he's not doing anything, he let the firm he hired keep the names and info he got.

Aiii

So not worth it
When I was torrenting heavily, I was more of a potential paying customer. It gave me an avenue to try things out at a time when we didn't have the free matches and shit like we have online now.

Most of the promotions I torrented, I eventually bought from if I liked them.

Now I can truthfully say I don't pirate anything. Hell, I don't even watch the lamp feeds of Raw anymore....I just watch it later in the week on Hulu Plus.

This, people underestimate this a lot. This is why you get a free month when you sign up for Netflix, because nothing sells your product more than your product itself. It's why WWE had already done two free months in four months time. I expect them to go to the Netflix model soon.

People will pay for your stuff if its worth it and they have the finances to do so, but most nobody will pay for something they haven't first sampled.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's sad to think but TNA probably should have run something that weekend. From some of those match listings it almost looks like they are.

bjork

While on the topic of shitty wrestling posters, this is happening...apparently at "the San Jose Bar and Grill":

B_ciIdVWIAIrfVR.jpg:large

I am way out of the loop. I recognize Nash, Helms, and Snow. I guess that's Abyss? Melina and So Cal Val (I think?) and I have no idea who the others are. I'm a bad wrestling... I guess not even a fan, ha.

Kaladin

If ACH went to WWE, he's a guy who's indie name I wouldn't miss.

Also, why does he have his mouth closed and a full mouth of air?

Top Bottom