• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Ithil

The problem NXT faces as a touring company is the people going to these shows do so to see the top indy names. What happens once these guys like Kevin Steen and Finn Balor move up to the main roster? Noone is going to a show to watch Tyler Breeze or Bull Dempsey.

In theory they keep signing new talent. They've shown a lot more interest in top ROH talent now that they know they're a draw in NXT, for instance.

...Hope ROH makes some more indie stars?

I just don't see anyone on the level of the guys they've already signed other than Samoa Joe, the Briscoes, or AJ Styles. Styles doesn't want to work the WWE schedule. Briscoes should have been hired a long time ago. I don't see anything special that stands out from the ROH new class.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If they keep bringing in people like Uhaa then this thing can keep rolling on for another cycle or two. By the time you've got 15 or so real hot NXT stars already on the roster or ready you can probably try a brand split again, get them on Smackdown, steal some RAW people/a few veterans from the indie scene that know the WWE system and have fun that way. Will bring better ratings to Smackdown, will help differentiate the live events that you still need to do monthly but can now get some better builds, and let RAW be RAW, moving the huge hits over from Smackdown.

Alucard

Banned
I just don't see anyone on the level of the guys they've already signed other than Samoa Joe, the Briscoes, or AJ Styles. Styles doesn't want to work the WWE schedule. Briscoes should have been hired a long time ago. I don't see anything special that stands out from the ROH new class.

Adam Cole is top class. People who are down on him probably just look at him as another vanilla midget, but his charisma is off the charts.

Loved the show-opening hype video and the opening promo exchange really made Drew Galloway seem like a huge deal. Taz talking about King's capture suplex reminding him of some guy...who was gone. Well, that was a bit sad - that was an Al Bundy lamenting moment there. Fun little match here - I liked Drew's chop to the back, apron tilt a whirl, and use of the Future Shock. Thanks to Dean getting that back over as a finish, it really works well now for him. Good little hype video for the women's title match later. GLORIOUS evil meeting between Bram and Storm. And then Destination America put up another one of those stupid spoiler videos. If you were wondering who wins TONIGHT'S MAIN EVENT, don't bother - they just told you Kurt wins it to face Lashley in April.

Matt-Bram was really fun, although Bram's finisher now being called THE BRIGHTER SIDE OF SUFFERING is stupid. Great promo from Magnus and Spud's new Union Jack suit rules. FANTASTIC promo between EC3 and Spud here. TNA has made a hair vs. hair match seem like a big deal in 2015 - kudos. Spud comes off like the world's tiniest badass - much like a modern Spike Dudley, which fits his finisher nicely.

Knockouts title match was shockingly good given how little Kong can really do. She dominated and looked strong, while Taryn played the face in peril - the DQ finish sucked, but it was building to something bigger and I'm looking forward to the Gail-Taryn-Kong three way. Davey got claw marks shaved into his head - yikes. Tag title match was a fun clusterfuck. Loved the triple dives from the faces. Triple threat main event was okay - it never got out of first gear, and at least they got a finish out of that chairshot to the head. Stupid to do unprotected chairshots at all, let alone in TNA, but whatever - they're not going to learn.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/03/tna-impact-wrestling-3-6-15.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/3yks1ud4ytm58nqlgwditcnbmk1dy0x1

Shine show tonight was pretty good. The first half was nothing special, but the second half was pretty great. Lots of flat finishes though. I'll probably have a full review up at some point tomorrow.

I am calling Sunny Mac into Wrestler's Court for having the gall to say Guilty Gear Xrd is shit

Wolfenstein was pretty good though

Pretty funny that Drew is working with her ex again, the one that killed his push.

Anyway, Drew cage match against Strong in Evolve should be great.

So what are we playing this weekend wrasslegaf?

I been playing Simcity just to kill time for Cities: Skyline. Also, I been trying to 100 percent Watchdogs.

OlliOlli 2!

In addition, I could see Bobby Fish, Hanson, and Mandy Leon make the jump.

Pretty sure Leon had a try out back in January at WWE.

BvYPTJf.gif

Whoa. The system works! For now at least. Odds on if/when he returns?

Apparently Ivelisse was one of the first to go due to complaining

https://twitter.com/RealIvelisse/status/573911733355614208

Yeah just saw that, hopefully it means she'll give it another shot one day if things continue to improve. I'm sure there are tons of people at WWE who'd love to see her on the main roster.

Was at the NXT show last night... It's going to be hard to ever go back to a RAW taping after that. Matches were great and the crowd was in it the entire time.

Ryback was pretty shitty at the end of the match yelling out "fuck you" and throwing up the bird multiple times to the crowd... hahah.

Haha that's hilarious, pretty sure Big Show used to do that back on ECW WWE.

What was the reaction for Balor like?

>Posting 52 MB g ifs

did we not learn anything from 'romanreignslayingdown.gif'?

Yeah that was pretty painful to even get to stop while Chrome was having an aneurysm, internet down here is way too slow to cope with that :/

It's actually a pretty cool t-shirt if you're gonna work out or bum around the house on a Saturday.
Not cool enough to replace my DDP Yoga one for around the house sadly. One of the few shirts with writing on the back I can stand.

Flippy Shit: The Movie.

Love it! Might as well go all out if you're going to do it at all.

Tommy Dreamer legit thinks 1 illegal download = 1 paying customer.

Poor guy, I would be surprised if more than a couple percent of those downloads would translate to legit buys if XWT wasn't around.

I'd say lol at Dreamer wasting all that money on companies to track down and prosecute stream watchers but it's much more likely he has no clue what day of the week it is, let alone engage a company to go to that degree of effort.

Excellent spot. Excellent.

Demott is not fired but just turned his badge and gun it. He's on desk duty. According to Alvarez

For real? So he keeps a job, just gets pushed behind the scenes more? Mother fucker. He should be cast out for that shit, Vince needs to call up Dixie and get him moved over there.

Demott is really out guys. No office job.

The WWE has confirmed that Bill DeMott is no longer with the company in any capacity. There had been speculation he was going to just switch to a new job.

The wrestlers have been told that Matt Bloom will be taking over as head trainer in an interim capacity, although WWE has not confirmed that officially.

...Hope ROH makes some more indie stars?

EDIT: I actually think the eventual end game for NXT is to invade Smackdown and reignite the brand split. NXT will then go back to being the developmental show.

You mean wait for PWG to raise up some indy wrestlers, have them get noticed by ROH, and then see them get poached by WWE?

Paracelsus

It can't be a suicide dive, it's clearly either a miserably botched missile dropkick or a failed attempt at a bronco buster world record.

NXT Card at Cleveland:

Amazing Card

I was there, and it was fucking amazing! High as fuck at the moment, and about to go to sleep, but the highlights were: Cesaro and Balor, Women's Fatal Four Way, Neville and Owens, and Itami and Tyson Kidd. Okay, pretty much the whole event. Set the place ablaze. Oh and Regal was there! And Zayn, but just for a promo, no match

The "Demott got an office job" thing was just speculation - it was never confirmed as such on the breaking news audio show or Wrestling Observer Live on Friday.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cities Skylines and Hotline Miami this month.

Haven't been this excited about games in about 6 months. Might get Type-0 as well but ever since I went digital it's kinda been like 'eh I can wait'

KissVibes

Banned
I'm a few hours away from hopping on a plane to Indiana. Might be meeting Bushwacker Luke while I'm there; Depends on how things go while I chase many of my dreams and begin the turning point in my life.

Are there any major wrestling events to be watched between now and next Sunday that I should try to make time for? Mainly curious on if I'll miss any NJPW stuff, I can't find an event calender.

jred2k

I'm a few hours away from hopping on a plane to Indiana. Might be meeting Bushwacker Luke while I'm there; Depends on how things go while I chase many of my dreams and begin the turning point in my life.

Are there any major wrestling events to be watched between now and next Sunday that I should try to make time for? Mainly curious on if I'll miss any NJPW stuff, I can't find an event calender.
Round two of the NJ Cup is tomorrow, I believe.

RBH

Thanks for the list RBH! I'll definitely take ROH into consideration. I don't follow a lot of indie wrestling so I'm not sure about the others.

No problem! If you have to pick one from that list, then ROH is definitely the way to go, both in terms of talent roster and the quality of show that you expect from them.

ROH's TV production isn't great, but thanks to TNA's getting so much worse, they're actually better-looking than TNA now - still far below Lucha Underground though. Live, ROH is a fucking blast. I went to their final Manassas show with a friend who wasn't even a wrestling fan and he had so much fun there. I wish I'd gone in '09 though when they had Flair - oh well.

Top Bottom