• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Really though, Rusev is a perfect example of "the American dream". Emigrated from Bulgaria to become a wrestler, fought through some small time indies, and now he's a superstar with a fine ass woman. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Rusev is my hero.

He also has a hot-fire remix of his theme

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'd like an iron man match that didn't end in a tie or 1 pinfall difference. Has this even happened before?

Something akin to like Brock destroying Cena at SS but in an iron man match with a 5-0 victory or something.

pearce_champions.jpg

Striker

The quality of booking is a seperate issue from the fact that Cena has put over more guys below his level in his career than the Rock has.
The quality is just vastly lower.

Rock put over Jericho tons of times. Jericho was never really at a top level despite being the Unified Champion. He rarely beat Triple H - if at all, it was by fluke. Both he and Angle were always treated as jokes in their feuds with Hunter. The feud was always Triple H vs. Stephanie, and those two became third wheels. But Chris was still there because of The Rock's willingness to put him over as a star. Angle was the same because of Austin.

bjork

I'd like an iron man match that didn't end in a tie or 1 pinfall difference. Has this even happened before?

Something akin to like Brock destroying Cena at SS but in an iron man match with a 5-0 victory or something.

That was my fantasy booking for WM12. Like, say Bret beat Shawn with a chair for 10 minutes and got disqualified 25 times, but then dragged his limp carcass around and pinned it in various poses for the rest of the time and got like 60 pins.

Also unrelated, but some dude beat Mike Tyson in 2:10 in old Punch-Out

RP912

Banned
Man if Umaga was here today...him and Russev would be the Crockett and Tubbs of wrestling. Kicking ass, getting ladies, and just plain fucking winning.

jmdajr

Friends, I am having a Rock level cheat day today.... Wish me luck as I may get diabetes.
If you been working hard you deserve it. But really, don't over do it and make yourself sick. That's what happened to me Super Bowl Sunday.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The best HHH story ever comes from around WMX-7 when Angle was the champion. HHH was throwing a moan backstage talking about how angle doesn't look like a Champion and shouldn't have/should immediately drop the belt. Pat Patterson tells him to go up to Angle and challenge him to a real wrestling match. HHH shuts up.

Verendus

Banned
The best HHH story ever comes from around WMX-7 when Angle was the champion. HHH was throwing a moan backstage talking about how angle doesn't look like a Champion and shouldn't have/should immediately drop the belt. Pat Patterson tells him to go up to Angle and challenge him to a real wrestling match. HHH shuts up.
I'd destroy Kirk Angel.

Guzim

I don't know how true it is, but I do like the "Am I fucking going over?" story.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
When that point victory is made by a guy who can't even see the game, I'm inclined to disagree.

Mike Tyson, unlike a bunch of other fighters in the game, has the ability to go off script. Thus making a blindfolded victory a real triumph.

When the entire game in question can be memorized by timing and sound cues, vision is irrelevant.

Not Tyson! The first round is scripted. Depending on what you do in the second that one can be, and the third round he goes into business for himself!

It's like that time that Vince didn't know who Frank Shamrock was, called him a midget and told Chris Jericho he could "take that midget if I have to".

When the entire game in question can be memorized by timing and sound cues, vision is irrelevant.

As was said by Man God, Tyson isn't as predictable as the rest of the game. His timing and patterns can shift on the fly.

bjork

Mike Tyson, unlike a bunch of other fighters in the game, has the ability to go off script. Thus making a blindfolded victory a real triumph.

Not Tyson! The first round is scripted. Depending on what you do in the second that one can be, and the third round he goes into business for himself!

So doing a blindfolded R1 TKO is possible, then. I'd consider that the best if it were to happen. But for now, I stand by my choice.

Really though, Rusev is a perfect example of "the American dream". Emigrated from Bulgaria to become a wrestler, fought through some small time indies, and now he's a superstar with a fine ass woman. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Rusev is my hero.

And Cena is acting like a spoiled American millennial who demands a rematch.

Hasney

If you been working hard you deserve it. But really, don't over do it and make yourself sick. That's what happened to me Super Bowl Sunday.

It's not too mad, but much more than I would usually have. This place makes and delivers their own handmade ice cream, so I had to give it a shot.

Verendus

Banned
Cena doesn't deserve a rematch because he passed out. Yes, he can cry about the kick to the dick, but he still passed out in his own drool. At that stage, the rules change. Go home and be a family man, loser.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Cena doesn't deserve a rematch because he passed out. Yes, he can cry about the kick to the dick, but he still passed out in his own drool. At that stage, the rules change. Go home and be a family man, loser.

He didn't pass out. He gave up and tapped out.

Considering how many fuckers have gotten bullshit rematches after losing title matches clean, I think Cena's completely justified about asking for another match.

Wait the 666 promotion still runs shows? Is Onryo still wrestling for them? Loved that dude in the J Cup 2000 and used to order occupation of the Indies shows just to see his matches.

Verendus

Banned
He didn't pass out. He gave up and tapped out.
He passed out like the pathetic broken shell of a Mark Wahlberg lookalike that he is.

Considering how many fuckers have gotten bullshit rematches after losing title matches clean, I think Cena's completely justified about asking for another match.
He can ask for his rematch some other time, when he's built himself back up as a worthy challenger.

Reading Gary Hart's book and thought I'd post some memorable excerpts.

Gary on travelling the roads with Angello Poffo and his boys, Randy & Lanny;

MI9VhNo.jpg

Gary on wrestling an alligator;

3qb2MQY.jpg

Gary on meeting Terry Funk for the first time;

blropkK.jpg

Gary recalls a young Dick Murdoch;

WH4Rn55.jpg

Gary on the Claw vs Claw match between The Spoiler & Fritz von Erich;

i635ZYm.jpg

Gary on Lou Thesz and his hatred of gimmicks;

Jyv25b1.jpg

Gary meets the legendary Danny Hodge;

yXk2qBC.jpg

Wait the 666 promotion still runs shows? Is Onryo still wrestling for them? Loved that dude in the J Cup 2000 and used to order occupation of the Indies shows just to see his matches.

Yup, 666 is still running somehow. I don't think Onryo's officially retired, but he doesn't wrestle much these days. I love the Japanese micro indie scene, it's so weird.

story to this?

Kensuke killed a trainee in the mid-90's, but it was hushed up at the time and made out to be an accident, but rumours spread about Sasaki disliking the kid's attitude and wanting to teach him a lesson. Some former trainees in more recent years have also accused him of being very heavy handed.

Top Bottom