• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

RBH

joShRv4.png

B_i0F75UcAAL8FL.jpg

Komatsu and Tanaka are going to be damn good once they get a chance to move up the card in New Japan. Hoping it's sooner rather than later.

Hiromu Takahashi's character in CMLL has a mask vs mask match coming up. Presumably he'll lose that and then Komatsu or Tanaka will replace him. Both guys will be good cruisers but New Japan really needs some young heavies.

ghostmind

NEW JAPAN CUP, Round 2

After some surprising results in the first round, we are set to see some interesting match-ups in Round 2, which will be starting in about 4 hours time.

Round 2 - 2015/03/08 18:30JST Tokyo (Korakuen Hall)

1. Jay White vs YOSHI-HASHI

2. KUSHIDA, Captain New Japan, Tomoaki Honma, Jushin Thunder Liger & Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs Mascara Dorada, Rysuke Taguchi, Manabu Nakanishi, Tiger Mask & Satoshi Kojima

3. Yohei Komatsu & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Sho Tanaka & Yuji Nagata

4. Kazushi Sakuraba, Tomohiro Ishii, Kazuchika Okada & Shinsuke Nakamura vs Cody Hall, Tama Tonga, Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson

uqrPFWm.jpg

Togi Makabe vs Yujiro Takahashi

aJOJH3c.jpg

Kota Ibushi vs Toru Yano

F5kqyTk.jpg

Tetsuya Naito vs Bad Luck Fale

3N8Ynxq.jpg

Hirooki Goto vs Katsuyoti Shibata

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward for a Yano upset tonight, and a Fale upset. No way the Fale one will happen though. Goto/Shibata should be a headbutt-fest. Wonder who they're gonna go with...

BanGy.nz

Banned
Please Vince, for the love of God give a manager to Balor when he gets promoted to the main roster, not because he cant do promos, but his gimnick screams for a manager for the promos and he being a silent menace. Is really awesome what wwe are doing with Devitt.
He could become Paul Heymans new monster if Brock tells Vince to fuck off after mania.

Can someone tell me which episodes de of Nitro has the ric flair dragged out to the desert by hogan?

Also there was a time where the first hour of nitro were just vignettes its when Nash was booking. Are those on the network or Is it just when they went live? Torrie made her debut at a shooting range with hogan during one if these segments I always thought it was cool and different anyone know?

Gonzalez

Banned
When will we see Cody Hall performing in a New Japan ring? That kid oozes potential just from the looks of him standing around on the outside.

Edit: I guess my question was answered.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I replayed Heavy Rain today, and I have to say, warts aside, I still mostly enjoy that game. That and LA Noire are my two 'boy I wish this was better because i think this could be incredible' stuff.

I still find it better than anything Telltale's done.

Alucard

Banned
Kojima and Shibata had a hell of a slugfest in round 1 of the New Japan Cup.

Lots of stiff clotheslines and nice-looking power moves in the ring as well. Shibata is pretty much my favourite dude in NJPW.

Newbie here, I posted a couple of days ago that I might be going to Korakuen Hall in April for an NJPW event whilst in Tokyo...

Done and done...my friend Yoshiki pulled through and scored me a ticket to NJPW at Korakuen Hall this April :) Ringside as well :) I'm off to Korakuen Hall in April for my first ever live NJPW event.

Alucard

Banned
Done and done...my friend Yoshiki pulled through and scored me a ticket to NJPW at Korakuen Hall this April :) Ringside as well :) I'm off to Korakuen Hall in April for my first ever live NJPW event.

That's great, man. Congrats on the tickets, and enjoy the show. Seeing a wrestling show live in Japan is also on my checklist of things to do one day.

That's great, man. Congrats on the tickets, and enjoy the show. Seeing a wrestling show live in Japan is also on my checklist of things to do one day.

Thanks, it's definitely been a bucket list thing for me as well. Especially Korakuen Hall. If there were three arenas I've always wanted to visit it would be Korakuen Hall, the former ECW Arena and Madison Square Garden (preferably for a Wrestlemania).

I'll make sure to post as many photos as I can grab from the event :) (depends on how they go with cameras)

I wonder...are signs even allowed into New Japan events? Are they culturally acceptable, or are they considered rude for blocking someone's view? I can't recall ever seeing one in the crowd during a match.

Think it would be a no-go. I've never noticed signs in the crowds. Also, as you said, it would probably be considered quite a rude thing to do in that culture.

Alucard

Banned
New Ass Biz reaction gif? Should maybe gif so that you can't see the fingers for that split second?

NagataFace.gif

Btw, this Goto and Nagata match from the NJ Cup is pretty rad.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've seen banners in the crowd at DDT events, but they're few and far between. I think it's more 'don't do this' thing than a 'this is banned' thing

Bowser

Ugh, forgot about the Summerslam presale. Hopefully they saved some good seats for the general sale date. Can't find 2 together so I'm gonna have to try next Saturday.

That's painfully desperate. Reminds me of when Punk left WWE.

What's really desperate is TNA getting their entire roster to flood twitter with impact play by play while their show is going on. I'm getting ready to unfollow everyone in that company because it is so damn annoying.

Alucard

Banned
What's really desperate is TNA getting their entire roster to flood twitter with impact play by play while their show is going on. I'm getting ready to unfollow everyone in that company because it is so damn annoying.

Welcome to the social media era, Bobo!

Kaladin

So apparently you can complete the WWE 2k15 My Career mode. I won the WWE Championship for a second time and it fast forwarded through the rest of my career to my retirement match where I choose to pass the torch on to some new CAW named Flash Silva.

By that point my character made jobbers out of everyone and I was ready to end it.

Took me about 25 hours of gameplay.

Top Bottom