• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So my neck's been jacked for like four months, and I think it's a shitty pillow doing the damage. I just got back from buying one of those molded memory some shit pillows. Wish me luck, chaps. I hate feeling like Pitbull 2.
Ha, my neck gets a bit fucked from my pillow too, but it's because I have a posturepedic mattress and a memory foam pillow and surprisingly they do not go well with each other.

Pretty great PPV debut for Cody Hall;

2WICJd4.gif

9ZIsxks.gif

Also, goddamn Shibata;

6Ei5ked.gif

So my neck's been jacked for like four months, and I think it's a shitty pillow doing the damage. I just got back from buying one of those molded memory some shit pillows. Wish me luck, chaps. I hate feeling like Pitbull 2.

Hopefully this will help you out. Let me know how it goes, I'm on the hunt for new pillows.

It was horrible. Oh god, that Michael Cole match. Ugh!

That whole feud was just... how many hours of TV was that?

somedevil

ROH is doing two shows with New Japan in Philly. One on Tuesday, one on Wednesday.

Here is the big question. Will they bring over the talent they did last year which caused all these quick sell outs?

They haven't announced yet on who they are bringing over. With rumors of Sinclair keeping the money tight and last year not making a profit. With it be the same or will be the rumor of just the bullet club?

I don't think people will like that.

Who's watching EVOLVE tonight?

EVOLVE 38
The Sportatorium, Deer Park, NYC

1. 'The F'n Guvnor' Martin Stone vs Biff Busick
2. Team Tremendous (Bill Carr & Dan Barry) vs Larry Dallas' new mystery tag team
3. Matt Cage vs AR Fox
4. Grudge Match: Chris Hero vs Drew Gulak
5. Caleb Konley vs PJ Black
6. Anthony Nese vs Davey Richards
7. Steel Cage Match: Drew Galloway vs Roderick Strong

Main event should be really good, but I'm interested to see PJ Black for the first time post-WWE, Chris Hero vs Gulak should be awesome and glad to see Matt Cage & Team Tremendous get shots, two acts I've become a big fan of over the past year. Also great to see UK wrestler Martin Stone getting a try-out, he's a good opponent for someone like Biff.

I wonder if he'll still use the outsiders edge since Fale kinda does that already?

Probably not, they like to keep the young lions' move-sets fairly simple - I could see him using that lariat as a finisher. But it'll be a while before he's able to pin anyone above young lion or comedy jobber status.

Here is the big question. Will they bring over the talent they did last year which caused all these quick sell outs?

They haven't announced yet on who they are bringing over. With rumors of Sinclair keeping the money tight and last year not making a profit. With it be the same or will be the rumor of just the bullet club?

They're aware of the negative reactions those first reports caused and the fact that they're running more shows than initially thought perhaps indicates that Delirious convinced Sinclair to splash the cash a bit.

Alucard

Banned

My guess:

AJ Styles
Anderson and Gallows
Young Bucks
Romero and Trent (do these count as NJPW?)
Liger
Two more names (Nakamura + either Okada or Tanahashi, but not both)

I'd also love it if Shibata got in there. We'll see. Nakamura would be my top choice from the big 3. If they can get at least him and Liger along with the Bullet Club guys, I think that would make fans happy enough.

...and maybe The Time Splitters.

Alucard

Banned

Good luck, man. Having any type of physical pain that impedes your ability to function normally is pretty humbling and frustrating. Hope the pillows helps.

Raw64life

Of course they'd add another show and have it still be in Philly. Tanahashi told the crowd in NYC last year that they'd be back. That fucking liar!

tumblr_n9c5cv4f0H1tt2jjyo1_500.gif

Man, Red Shoe's reaction in that GIF. So good. It makes me sad that the WWE refs basically have no personality, as a referee can add a lot to the match and shouldn't be marginalised in that respect.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like Japan's trend of female ref representation lately. Especially the BJW/Freedoms one who's been there forever.

It's not solely about reactions, there's a lot more to it that that - like how Red Shoes refuses to count a cocky pin, or how Tiger Hattori counts slower if the heel complains about the speed of his counting. The referees are characters as well.

I like Japan's trend of female ref representation lately. Especially the BJW/Freedoms one who's been there forever.

Nikkan Lee, I doubt there's a ref alive who's officiated as many deathmatches as her.

Alucard

Banned
Not sure why so many people are down on Bad Luck Fale. He looks legit, and his match against Okada was pretty good. Believable power moves, and he has a wicked spear and top rope splash.

Not sure why so many people are down on Bad Luck Fale. He looks legit, and his match against Okada was pretty good. Believable power moves, and he has a wicked spear and top rope splash.

Honestly, I have no problem with him and generally enjoy his singles matches - his team with Tama Tonga shows promise as well, looking forward to seeing more of them in the future. In my experience the Fale hate comes from one of 3 camps; those who hate the Bullet Club, those who hate to see him pushed over their favourites and those who hate the greater focus on gaijins. I also people say the only reason he's pushed is because he's big and yeah, while he does stand out and can fulfil the monster/enforcer roll, if he was that shit they wouldn't bother to keep him around and certainly wouldn't want him scouting talent, as he did with one of the latest young lions Jay White.

This is a good opportunity for me to use my new Yano gif;

AFrxCyD.gif

Hey man, I was just trying to explain to Alucard why, in my opinion, people aren't willing to give Fale a fair appraisal. If you hate him just because you think he's entirely shit with no redeeming features, then that's fine. I think you'd be entirely wrong in that opinion, but that's fine as well.

Alucard

Banned
Why do you think he's shitty, Data? I don't see him hurting guys, and his offense looks like really good big guy offense to me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think people gave Fale a fair appraisal for months when he was pushed with Anderson and Devitt despite not being near as over as either one. He constantly didn't live up to expectations, he's not intimidating looking, he's nothing specal in the ring, he's Bryan Clark tier at best.

Yet he's treated by NJPW office like he's a Scott Norton super athlete. He's a mid card Roman Reigns. I'm supposed to like him because the NJPW office says 'you're supposed to like this guy! look at all the stuff we do with him! why don't you like him?' He's anti-Goto.

I think people gave Fale a fair appraisal for months when he was pushed with Anderson and Devitt despite not being near as over as either one. He constantly didn't live up to expectations, he's not intimidating looking, he's nothing specal in the ring, he's Bryan Clark tier at best.

And since then he's been involved in a program with Shinsuke Nakamura and competed in his first G1 & New Japan Cup, wrestling some of the biggest names in the promotion - you really don't think he's shown the slightest bit of improvement? Fale now is a lot better than when he first got his current run, he no longer looks nervous in his role, he lays his strikes in and plays the character he's been given well.

Alucard

Banned
So, looks like Tenzan and Kojima are gonna have a match in the near future. I've grown to enjoy Kojima. Again, really liked his match with Shibata.

Top Bottom