• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

So, looks like Tenzan and Kojima are gonna have a match in the near future. I've grown to enjoy Kojima. Again, really liked his match with Shibata.

Bruce Tharpe-des was very pleased with this on twitter, I hope he starts managing Tenzan.

Cool to see Sho Tanaka in the ring with Tanahashi on the NJ Cup rd.2 show.

The look on Nagata's face when Komatsu starts giving him attitude is perfect, love seeing the young lions mix it up with the veterans.

Santino's best Rumble moment is the face off with Mick Foley. Two guys with socks on an arm circled each other and made it look like it was Goku vs. Vegeta, and the crowd went banana.

Also WresteMania 27 is extra shitty after the fact because it turned out to be Edge's last match and it was just a open-the-show, runner-up tier, title defense.

Alucard

Banned
Bruce Tharpe-des was very pleased with this on twitter, I hope he starts managing Tenzan.

The look on Nagata's face when Komatsu starts giving him attitude is perfect, love seeing the young lions mix it up with the veterans.

I have no idea who Bruce Tharpe (des?) is. Haha. But I think anyone would have enjoyed that Kojima and Shibata match.

Can someone tell me which episodes de of Nitro has the ric flair dragged out to the desert by hogan?

Also there was a time where the first hour of nitro were just vignettes its when Nash was booking. Are those on the network or Is it just when they went live? Torrie made her debut at a shooting range with hogan during one if these segments I always thought it was cool and different anyone know?

Anyone?

Me too. Still one of my favourite Rumble moments:

santino-royal-rumble-2011-o.gif

Legit thought he was gonna win it.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I have no idea who Bruce Tharpe (des?) is. Haha. But I think anyone would have enjoyed that Kojima and Shibata match.
R. Bruce Tharpe, president of the NWA.

ibjzbV5YrTAx5b.gif

UNDERSTAND!?!?

Edit: Des is actually spelled Desu(the U is silent.) It's the most commonly used word to end a sentence. In this case, he introduces himself as Bruce Tharpe.(Watashi wa Bruce Tharpe Desu./ I am Bruce Tharpe.)

notworksafe

Straight Edge Society Punk seems like a pretty good heel. I'm liking what I'm seeing in this WM.

GF says she doesn't like Punk looking like a hobo, so there's that opinion. :p

Penguin

This is gonna drive me nuts, does anyone remember a Rock theme he used once or twice in late 98

Kind of a funky remix of his normal theme

And if so, have a link to it?

Xater

Alright some random comments on the final day of 16 Carat Gold:

- Overall again a great show. wXw is really quality stuff these days

- The opening match of Axel Dieter Jr. vs Jack Sabre Jr. was stiff as fuck. Actually there were a couple of really stiff matches.

- Saw World's Cutest Tag Team for the first time and they were great. They were so over with this crowd. Joey put his lollipop into one fan's mouth. This earned that fan a "You sick fuck!" chant. Candice is amazing at getting heat on the heels. They were fighting against some evil French men and boy did those guys get booed as soon as they touched Candice.

- Saw Marty Scrull for the first time today. Actually never even heard of the guy before. Really enjoyed his match with Chris Sabin. Great heel persona.

- The tag match between Cedric Alexander/Andrew Everett and Uhaa nation/Da Mack was just pure fun. Hell it even started with a hilarious dance off. Also have sen all of these guys except for Da Mack for the first time. Some real cool high flying stuff and general athleticism.

- Only disappointment for me was that apparently Ricochet was only booked for day 1 so I did not get to finally see him in person.

My girlfriend also enjoyed the whole thing and said she would go again. Just next time seats. Oh she also took a picture with Zack Sabre Jr. because she though he was really cute. Harada was a nice bonus for her as well. lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Time to stop doing the Taylor Swift thing mates, it's run its course and then some.

lol you only say "mates" when people are upsetting you. That's your tell! Watch out!

W28DckG.gif

Yujiro, jeez.

- The opening match of Axel Dieter Jr. vs Jack Sabre Jr. was stiff as fuck. Actually there were a couple of really stiff matches.

- Saw World's Cutest Tag Team for the first time and they were great. They were so over with this crowd. Joey put his lollipop into one fan's mouth. This earned that fan a "You sick fuck!" chant. Candice is amazing at getting heat on the heels. They were fighting against some evil French men and boy did those guys get booed as soon as they touched Candice.

- Saw Marty Scrull for the first time today. Actually never even heard of the guy before. Really enjoyed his match with Chris Sabin. Great heel persona.

- The tag match between Cedric Alexander/Andrew Everett and Uhaa nation/Da Mack was just pure fun. Hell it even started with a hilarious dance off. Also have sen all of these guys except for Da Mack for the first time. Some real cool high flying stuff and general athleticism.

- Only disappointment for me was that apparently Ricochet was only booked for day 1 so I did not get to finally see him in person.

My girlfriend also enjoyed the whole thing and said she would go again. Just next time seats. Oh she also took a picture with Zack Sabre Jr. because she though he was really cute. Harada was a nice bonus for her as well. lol

Nice, sounds like it was a blast! Definitely going to pick up the VOD download of this once it's released. I haven't seen much of Dieter yet, but I heard a lot of good things about his match with Zack.

Alucard

Banned

Sounds like a great time. Live pro wrestling can be a blast when the show is good. Glad you and your g/f enjoyed it!

Xater

Nice, sounds like it was a blast! Definitely going to pick up the VOD download of this once it's released. I haven't seen much of Dieter yet, but I heard a lot of good things about his match with Zack.

Dieter seems to have improved so much lately.

There was also one happy and sad moment during the show. Axel "Axeman" Tischer is leaving wXw. He will go somewhere else but can't say yet where to. I saw some genuine tears in the crowd. The people here love him.

Sounds like a great time. Live pro wrestling can be a blast when the show is good. Glad you and your g/f enjoyed it!

Yeah whenever I go to a show like this it rekindles my love for wrestling and all cynicism is gone for at least a little while.

For the people interested in 16 Carat Gold they even had an English commentary team around this time. So it really should be a thing that can be enjoyed by anyone once the VOD is available.

JavyOO7

Just finished watching Nagata vs Goto round 1 of the NJ Cup. Not sold on Goto at all. Nagata made that match, IMO. He's much more interesting than Goto is.

Sabucin

Does anyone know why in the ROH IPPV wasn't Luke Gallows there? It seemed pretty weird Anderson cutting that promo and saying that he didn't need a partner.

Do ya'll watch wrestling with the internet and sharing your opinions in mind?

Living in Australia, we don't get much of a choice outside of WWE on Foxtel, so yeah, I do watch a lot of stuff courtesy of the internet. I just signed up for NJPW World and I do have an active subscription to the WWE Network, although I really don't think I'm going to re-subscribe.

I watch the weekly ROH shows via their website. I appreciate the internet method, its opened up more possibilities.

Who's watching EVOLVE tonight?

EVOLVE 38
The Sportatorium, Deer Park, NYC

1. 'The F'n Guvnor' Martin Stone vs Biff Busick
2. Team Tremendous (Bill Carr & Dan Barry) vs Larry Dallas' new mystery tag team
3. Matt Cage vs AR Fox
4. Grudge Match: Chris Hero vs Drew Gulak
5. Caleb Konley vs PJ Black
6. Anthony Nese vs Davey Richards
7. Steel Cage Match: Drew Galloway vs Roderick Strong

Main event should be really good, but I'm interested to see PJ Black for the first time post-WWE, Chris Hero vs Gulak should be awesome and glad to see Matt Cage & Team Tremendous get shots, two acts I've become a big fan of over the past year. Also great to see UK wrestler Martin Stone getting a try-out, he's a good opponent for someone like Biff.

Probably not, they like to keep the young lions' move-sets fairly simple - I could see him using that lariat as a finisher. But it'll be a while before he's able to pin anyone above young lion or comedy jobber status.

They're aware of the negative reactions those first reports caused and the fact that they're running more shows than initially thought perhaps indicates that Delirious convinced Sinclair to splash the cash a bit.

I'm grabbing Evolve. Helps that it's a Sunday and nothing else is going on but I'm looking forward to it.

Ah gotcha. I need to come up with a better solution then streaming from windows media center cuz it kind of sucks balls. Excited to see how PJ Black does away from WWE and if he will build up his name on the indies or fade into complete obscurity.

Yeah, anytime I watch on tv, I just run an HDMI cord from my laptop to the TV.

Also, just bought me a Muhammad Ali hoodie. I blame The Rock and Rey Mysterio.

Amazing, they're showing the ads that were run in China for the tour there. The words they flashed on screen were
Unique
Amazing
Warm
Stimulus
That's what I want out of my wrestling every time.

RBH

Does anyone know why in the ROH IPPV wasn't Luke Gallows there? It seemed pretty weird Anderson cutting that promo and saying that he didn't need a partner.

Gallows was stuck in Detroit due to weather issues, so his flight was delayed.

Top Bottom