• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Wyatt's character makes no sense, how is he a cult leader without a goddamn cult?

His gimmick demands that he have followers otherwise he's a failure.

Well yeah that's an issue now, but before they broke up his 'Wyatt Family' it was one of the best things about WWE. I guess he's just a deranged maniac or something now.

Bray's gonna flounder and fizzle out because Creative™ is godawful and they have no idea how to evolve gimmicks beyond what they were on day 1 without totally butchering them, especially in that transition period between feuds. And a gimmick like Bray's has to grow, adapt, learn, and reference past successes and mistakes for it to work or he risks becoming a rambling, boring, vague concept rather than an actual character with direction, even more so than a jobber because he gets a long promo every week.

Browny

Banned
The splitting up of the Wyatt family has to be one of the worst decisions of 2014. Sure they wanted to give Harper and Wyatt a push (Rowan is a non-entity at this point); it could have easily happened without actually announcing a split. The fact that the Rumble face-off came to nothing, and also that they'd split up the Shield too, just beggars belief.

26 writers.

Alucard

Banned
Welcome :)

Yeah, that confused a lot of people who were expecting the next round of the cup - it's just the way New Japan works, they run monthly tours and as this month's tour is the 'New Japan Cup' tour, all the shows on it are labelled New Japan Cup shows. Also, the house shows they air wouldn't be shown at all if it weren't for NJPW World (although Monday's show was pretty skippable, nothing must see).

Eh, it's a good bit of action before going to bed. Think I have an hour left to watch that I'll get through tonight.

Browny

Banned
Gimmick change - canceled.

Nope - it's just the beginning for Firebreaker Hasney:

20140710151438!Todd_Champion_and_Firebreaker_Chip.jpg

Hasney

Nope - it's just the beginning for Firebreaker Hasney:

20140710151438!Todd_Champion_and_Firebreaker_Chip.jpg

I'm becoming megafinger Hasney. I've got to click through 232 pages of this interactive training. I'm not reading it, just skipping to the assessment to see if I can wing it.

EDIT: Megafinger Hasney could be a whole different gimmick.

Browny

Banned
I'm becoming megafinger Hasney. I've got to click through 232 pages of this interactive training. I'm not reading it, just skipping to the assessment to see if I can wing it.

EDIT: Megafinger Hasney could be a whole different gimmick.

I went looking for a finger pic. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GOOGLE "HOGAN FINGER".

(That means you too, Boots)

And now you're all going to do that. I fucking warned you.

Alucard

Banned
What if...Roman and Brock swerve everybody and Brock hits Roman with the fingerpoke of doom? Then Brock raises Roman's hand along with Heyman? And no questions are answered, as is par for the course for WWE?

What if...fantasy booking?

miserable

What if Reigns beats Brock, then Rollins comes out to cash in and Roman lays down for him, then they hug and laugh, then the Authority comes out and they all chant "na-na-na-na, heeeeeeeeeeey gooooodbye" at Brock as he leaves the arena?

Hasney

What if Reigns beats Brock, then Rollins comes out to cash in and Roman lays down for him, then they hug and laugh, then the Authority comes out and they all chant "na-na-na-na, heeeeeeeeeeey gooooodbye" at Brock as he leaves the arena?

That sounds entertaining.

So it won't happen.

Browny

Banned
BULL

With no competition, WWE are unlikely to hit the heady heights of 4's and above. They may get the occasional spike with someone like The Rock or Austin showing up, but they'll never consistently get dem high ratings again. If I was Sunny, I'd be proposing an avatar bet on this being a #FACT.

Recall

The Wrestlemania card has so little build up especially the main event. They didn't even add the drama by using the "you can't touch each other before the match" stip.

Predictable wrestling is the worst kind.

Hasney

The Wrestlemania card has so little build up especially the main event. They didn't even add the drama by using the "you can't touch each other before the match" stip.

That's because

BRRRRRRRRROCCCKKKK

LESNAR

touches who he damn well pleases, when he damn well pleases.

kiguel182

Finally watched Raw and, well, it wasn't very good. I really don't care about any feud expect for Rollins vs Orton. It doesn't feel like the Road to Mania at all. Just the same type of segments as always.

But Rollins vs Orton was, and has been great. Just great execution and both of those guys are playing their parts to perfection. Rollins is such an amazing talent. Props to them.

But the rest is just bad. Reigns is barely doing anything and while I could Heyman talk for hours him carrying the feud by himself is just not that great week after week. And Reigns barely got a reaction tonight too, the supposed top guy. Just bad.

And when I even entertain the idea of watching this live I just need to look at what they are doing with Bryan and that idea goes away. Maybe next year.

Forkball

Miz vs. Mizdow legitimately has the best build up and we may only kinda see it in the curtain jerker battle royal.

Zach

Hey, guys. Video games.

I beat Yakuza 4 yesterday -- loved it! I really enjoyed bashing heads with my bros and look forward to Yakuza 5.

Now that that's finished, I should probably play something in the backlog, buuut Ori and the Blind Forest is sounding pretty good. Any of you guys playing it?

And I'm skipping Hotline for a short bit because I heard it's buggy.

Alucard

Banned
BULL

With no competition, WWE are unlikely to hit the heady heights of 4's and above. They may get the occasional spike with someone like The Rock or Austin showing up, but they'll never consistently get dem high ratings again. If I was Sunny, I'd be proposing an avatar bet on this being a #FACT.

I've looked back into 2010 and all the way back to 1995 and there are no weeks where Raw was below a 3.0 in March back then. The 2.85 this week is at least the lowest March rating in...almost ever. Basically, Wrestlemania has not had less interest since 1997. (1.9, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.7 in 5 March Raws) Shouldn't this worry Vince? Or will he say that revenues are actually up?

Btw, 1997 was Wrestlemania 13 with the Bret and Austin match.

You can get almost every Raw rating since 1995 here.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, guys. Video games.

I beat Yakuza 4 yesterday -- loved it! I really enjoyed bashing heads with my bros and look forward to Yakuza 5.

Now that that's finished, I should probably play something in the backlog, buuut Ori and the Blind Forest is sounding pretty good. Any of you guys playing it?

And I'm skipping Hotline for a short bit because I heard it's buggy.

I dunno.
tumblr_n8dguukBXI1raz5ixo1_400.gif

Alucard

Banned
Looking into the stats a little more...

This past Monday's Raw is the SEVENTH LOWEST RATED MARCH RAW OF ALL-TIME. 5 happened in the buildup to Wrestlemania 13 in 1997, and one in 1996. This is the lowest rated Raw going into Wrestlemania in 18 years.

What's on your backlog?

So much stuff. That I can remember I'm part way through,
* Borderlands 1 DLC so I can get onto Borderlands 2
* Bioshock Infinite DLC - I'm on the stealth section stuff that I'm shit at, so I haven't finished it.
* Catherine
* Driver SF
* Arkham Origins
* The Last of Us
* Wolfenstein New Order
* Rage
* Things like MadWorld and Metroid Prime 2 that are a way back that I want to go back to some time
* Others I started but can't remember starting
* Others I haven't even started.

I have a problem.

I'm playing through Far Cry 4 at the moment.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
* Bioshock Infinite DLC - I'm on the stealth section stuff that I'm shit at, so I haven't finished it.
* Catherine
* Driver SF
* Arkham Origins
* The Last of Us
* Wolfenstein New Order
* Rage
* Things like MadWorld and Metroid Prime 2 that are a way back that I want to go back to some time

I have a problem.

Play Wolfenstein: TNO. It was my favorite game last year, hands down.

* Catherine
* Driver SF
* Arkham Origins
* The Last of Us
* Wolfenstein New Order
* Rage

I have a problem.

Catherine. Best game on your list.

Penguin

This past Monday's Raw is the SEVENTH LOWEST RATED MARCH RAW OF ALL-TIME. 5 happened in the buildup to Wrestlemania 13 in 1997, and one in 1996. This is the lowest rated Raw going into Wrestlemania in 18 years.

Will Brock/Reigns be Taker/Sid bad... actually not the worst WrestleMania main event... thanks Orton/HHH

I'm not surprised. Right now the Wrestlemania main event seems like Paul Heyman and a microphone.

Play Wolfenstein: TNO. It was my favorite game last year, hands down.

Yeah, Wolfenstein kicked ass - reminded me how much more an enjoyable a lengthy, old-school shooter campaign is compared to the average set piece infested modern 'cinematic' shooter campaign that lasts all of five hours. Also, dual wielding big-ass LMGs.

Incidentally, I'm so done with modern and near-future shooters. It's been years since the last amazing WW2 shooter, I miss COD2 multiplayer.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Wolfenstein kicked ass - reminded me how much more an enjoyable a lengthy, old-school shooter campaign is compared to the average set piece infested modern 'cinematic' shooter campaign that lasts all of five hours. Also, dual wielding big-ass LMGs.

Incidentally, I'm so done with modern and near-future shooters. It's been years since the last amazing WW2 shooter, I miss COD2 multiplayer.

Don't worry, we get a Wuffonsteen prequel. Red Orchestra 2 not do it for you? It sure didn't for me...

Top Bottom