• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Hasney

Good Ol' Vince turning off mics on D.Bry and Heyman.

CON-s-p-i-r-a-c-y

wiz-white-lady.gif

This is a plant. GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY

EDIT for no good reason

1425936060715.gif

Dazzler

The crowd went seriously mild for Reigns on Monday, that's no IWC bias, it was a pretty damning non-reaction

The Wrestlemania main event is going to be a train wreck

Hasney

There's not a single Roman Reigns baleever. Some sad shit. So let it be known for all the people who said Roman's winning - they're shook. They don't truly believe it'll happen. Trust in the Beast.

I'd rather bet on golf at this point because it would be more interesting. Honest to god, golf.

That Rory guy that had Shane O Mac in support at some point. He'll win.

Sephzilla

Question - is this shaping up to be the steepest dropoff from one WrestleMania to the next? WM30 is generally considered one of the better ones, WM31 is shaping up to be one of the worst.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Question - is this shaping up to be the steepest dropoff from one WrestleMania to the next? WM30 is generally considered one of the better ones, WM31 is shaping up to be one of the worst.

Way too early to say. People like to pretend things are horrible but the Mania card looks solid to me. There were some Attitude era Manias that were ultra-shit.

Hasney

Way too early to say. People like to pretend things are horrible but the Mania card looks solid to me. There were some Attitude era Manias that were ultra-shit.

The only thing that gives me any hope is the ladder match, much like Wrestlemania 2000 in fact.

EDIT: Forgot the triple threat IC/Euro title match too <3

Sephzilla

The only thing that gives me any hope is the ladder match, much like Wrestlemania 2000 in fact.

I'm with Hasney on this one, there's only one match on the card I really care about and there are a lot of potentially interesting matches not on this card.

jmdajr

Sting and Taker could surprise us man. Never know. I don't care how old they are.

I remember thinking Taker and HHH 2 would be a solid match but turned into this fucking insane thing. It blew my mind because well...I just wasn't expecting it. That was the best thing about Wrestlemania 27 by far. Metallica entrance and all.

Someone at this even is gonna have to show up beyond the call of duty.

Yeah I mean, I think it'll be probably be an entertaining show even if none of the feuds have been handled all that well.

Assuming we get Rollins/Orton, that'll be a good match. Reigns/Lesnar is interesting for the outcome if not the match itself (and if Brock does just dominate and win, it'll be a lot of fun), The IC ladder match will be filled with good stuff most likely since lots of fun guys are in that match, and Triple/H v Sting might work on spectacle alone although it does lack momentum.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's Mania, it's a spectacle. It'll be enjoyable even if it's bad. It doesn't really matter.

It's the build to Mania that we can really call one of the worst in at least two decades. Brock is hardly around to build his match and is going up against someone not over to the level Brock and Heyman are. Sting is never around. Undertaker is ACTUALLY never around. I'll enjoy the ladder match, but damn that build with the belt stealing and Barrett losing a gazillion times is absolutely dreadful. Battle Royal build is pretty much non-existent atm.

The only match that I find is build well is Rusev vs. Cena. Very much looking forward to that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was looking up stuff on the interwebs and somehow stumbled into someone that taught me what chamber meant by barbershop thick. It was a good mistake.

Eagerly anticipating the WM9 ending I talked about in here happening, just in reverse of what I said.

Brock beats Roman via salt in the eyes, Bryan comes out, and Roman tells his good buddy and compatriot to go for it!

...and then Bryan loses. And then Rollins, thinking now is the time, cashes in.

And then HE loses. Brock Lesnar is Thanos. Nobody defeats him solo

jmdajr

I was looking up stuff on the interwebs and somehow stumbled into someone that taught me what chamber meant by barbershop thick. It was a good mistake.

I don't even know if this site still exists but it was hilarious and informative to me.

the ass matrix

EDIT:it does.

Aiii

So not worth it
Have the Ascension been released yet?

2K today announced availability of the newest downloadable content for WWE® 2K15, the latest release in the flagship WWE video game franchise. NXT® ArRIVAL introduces playable characters Adam Rose™, The Ascension™ (Konnor™ and Viktor™) and Emma™, as well as former WWE Champion, NXT General Manager and Monday Night Raw® announcer JBL®. The downloadable content offering** via Xbox Live online entertainment network from Microsoft for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, as well as PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, includes the following items:

I™ don't® know® why™ JBL® is™ in® the™ NXT® Arrival™ pack™, but™ whatever®.

Kaladin

It's Mania, it's a spectacle. It'll be enjoyable even if it's bad. It doesn't really matter.

It's the build to Mania that we can really call one of the worst in at least two decades. Brock is hardly around to build his match and is going up against someone not over to the level Brock and Heyman are. Sting is never around. Undertaker is ACTUALLY never around. I'll enjoy the ladder match, but damn that build with the belt stealing and Barrett losing a gazillion times is absolutely dreadful. Battle Royal build is pretty much non-existent atm.

The only match that I find is build well is Rusev vs. Cena. Very much looking forward to that.

This....this is why this doesn't feel like Mania season yet.

Though, you forgot the best build of them all. Rollins vs Orton.

Even though it has yet been announced, Rollins vs Orton is getting the biggest push outside of the main event. Though, Stewart's involvement seems to have been one and done.

Aiii

So not worth it
Nah, they'll be in the Andre The Giant Jobber Battle Royal, for sure.

Even though it has yet been announced, Rollins vs Orton is getting the biggest push outside of the main event. Though, Stewart's involvement seems to have been one and done.

I did forget. Yes, should be a fun match. Probably gonna be a gimmick no-DQ match, I hope.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Emma, Adam Rose, and the Ascension are seriously a dlc pack? That might be the worst dlc pack in the history orly video games, which is saying something.

Aiii

So not worth it
I made Hirooki Goto my new alarm clock after using Sami Zayn's for a long time.

My mornings start off great, highly recommend.

Penguin

8 to 9 was a pretty big dip in quality.

The biggest upswing is 2000 to 17

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One Man Gang(w Gary Hart) vs The Great Kabuki

Check it out. Neither man gets enough love around here.
k9EOp1F.gif

Kabuki really has the presence like few other men. Even with the limitations he had and with me seeing guys like Muta and Undertaker first who had more theatrics and money to work with. I can watch this stuff retroactively and feel like he is channeling that character hardcore. The way he moves and the lifeless stare the cameras focus on as well as how much everyone fears the mist makes it obvious why he was so successful.

Boots, I saw you watched Brisco/Tsuruta. Have you come to the right side about Jack Brisco being one of the most awesome punchers in pro wrestling history?

Jericho said on his podcast apparently that 1) Justin Gabriel was the Bunny for most of its run, and 2) they made an alt gothic bunny suit in case the gimmick lasted long

I want to see this gothic bunny suit, put Neville in it when he's brought up

Top Bottom