• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Wrestlemania 31 looks really lazy.

Three of the matches are being touted on the backs of part time players.

You have the bulk of the roster in one of two large brawl style matches. Really, 26 fucking writers and you couldn't come up with some interesting story lines for some of them going into the biggest show of the year. Ziggler, Barrett and Ambrose are all being wasted in that match.

The Tag Titles... lol. Do they even exist right now? There is nothing going on in that division. The champs are headlined by a guy who is better off being a singles competitor.

Divas... lol. They aren't even bothering with a championship match.

Only two matches on the card that look good and feature guys who will both be there after Wrestlemania are Orton/Rollins and Cena/Rusev. The latter has an ending booked that I don't want to see.

It's not a terrible card but there are only two really good feuds going into the event. Orton/Rollins and Cena/Rusev have had good build up. The rest of it looks like duds.

As it stands now we may get our Bryan vs. Sheamus match yet since the booking seems to be closed on the IC Title. I feel nothing for that match up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
One Man Gang(w Gary Hart) vs The Great Kabuki

Check it out. Neither man gets enough love around here.
k9EOp1F.gif

Kabuki really has the presence like few other men. Even with the limitations he had and with me seeing guys like Muta and Undertaker first who had more theatrics and money to work with. I can watch this stuff retroactively and feel like he is channeling that character hardcore. The way he moves and the lifeless stare the cameras focus on as well as how much everyone fears the mist makes it obvious why he was so successful.

It helps how hard Gary Hart put him over too - THE GREAT KA-BOO-KEY. He was definitely something WCCW needed, hands down - considering how ingrained the Von Erichs were, you had Kamala, Kabuki, and some more 'exotic' wrestler characters.

joelseph

Past the half way point in Arrow season 2 and it just keeps getting better and better. The villian in this season is so fucking awesome.

The racist girl Seth porked is as much a biker #CHICK as Corbin is a biker #DUDE and Graves is a #PUNK
How was she racist? Any links or info?

Fuck man, again with the Graves poser talk. If you think he's a poser you should see Rev Pro's new guy...
The thing that bugs me about Graves is his recurring burial of Becky Lynch's Hot Topic rocker chick gimmick. Dude seems way too bitter about it. Did Becky give him blue balls?

imBask

Banned
Orton - Rollins might be a good match
The ladder match will be the MoTN

i'll be drinking heavily for the rest of the matches and probably talk to my friends instead of watching

jmdajr

0307-lisa-marie-varon-launch-1.gif

Scary moment for ex-WWE superstar Victoria ... when her husband confronted a gun-toting intruder at her Chicago restaurant ... AND BODY SLAMMED THE GUY.

We spoke with Victoria -- real name Lisa Marie Varon -- who tells us a suspicious man entered "The Squared Circle" restaurant this weekend and started making trouble inside the women's bathroom.

That's when Victoria's husband, Lee (who manages the joint) approached the man to find out what the hell he was up to.

According to Victoria, the man tried to push his way into the kitchen ... so Lee sprung into action and attempted to physically restrain him.

Lee says he saw the man reaching for his waistband and believed he had a gun -- so he slammed the guy down to the ground.

Turns out, Lee's instincts were right ... the guy did have a gun -- which was quickly recovered by one of the cooks.

Cops were called to the scene and arrested 18-year-old Arnez Harper on a count of felony aggravated unlawful use of a weapon.

"He (my husband) used to be a bouncer when he was a young lad," Victoria says of her hubby ... "I think that guy crossed the wrong person."

darkbanjo

How was she racist? Any links or info?

The thing that bugs me about Graves is his recurring burial of Becky Lynch's Hot Topic rocker chick gimmick. Dude seems way too bitter about it. Did Becky give him blue balls?

I've seen this come up a few times. Isn't it much more likely that they're pals and he's just having a bit of fun?

Graves has settled into commentary better than I would ever have expected. He's really shown Alex Riley up over the past few weeks, it's crazy how much time that guy has spent in the booth without showing any signs of improvement.

I've seen this come up a few times. Isn't it much more likely that they're pals and he's just having a bit of fun?
I think this is it. I like running announcer continuity like that, like Cole still liking Miz even when Cole was face (for a while) and Heenan always hating Hogan.
Graves has settled into commentary better than I would ever have expected. He's really shown Alex Riley up over the past few weeks, it's crazy how much time that guy has spent in the booth without showing any signs of improvement.
I'm glad he's doing well. Was hoping he'd make Riley obsolete, and he has. Unfortuantely that means Riley's back in the ring.

Sephzilla

Past the half way point in Arrow season 2 and it just keeps getting better and better. The villian in this season is so fucking awesome.

Arrow Season 2 is legit. Some of the best superhero stuff in recent years both in TV and film. The only issue is that Oliver's sister becomes massively annoying as it goes on.

Top Bottom