• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Chicken shits, all around. Mania bet is OFF.

If someone can figure out something "more fun" let's do this?!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
  • Going until SummerSlam is way too long.
  • More people would be up for the bet if Bryan was in the Main Event

hah, the bets back on

But I don't give a shit about people who care about Bryan's imaginary spot

Alright Pop we in there.

irqlW4GbWj6Pt.gif

jred2k

Cena's promo on Monday:

"Rusev I will beat you and take your title! Just like how in the main event of Wrestle Mania Roman Reigns will spear Brock Lesnar out of the WWE and take his title! Now that is a match I can't wait to see!"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder how much longer before Wrestle-1 goes under.

Tajiri is a proven promotion killer(He arrived shortly before WWF went to WWE. Coincidence? I think not.) ECW, WNC, HUSTLE, and SMASH.

JavyOO7

Reigns, baby gurl, is getting that belt. He'll lose it the very next night to Rollins. He starts chasing Rollins and finally in SummerSlam he gets da belt and finally gets his long deserved dynasty run.

Lrrr

I think it's amazing how about a year or so ago, many fans online were saying Rusev was going to be fed to Cena who would end his undefeated streak. I know Cena fans dismissed those groups as Cena-haters, smarks or cynics, and yet, here we are on the cusp of that prediction coming to pass.

Unless Vince pulls another WM shocker and has Rusev beat Cena clean (ala Taker last year).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think it's amazing how about a year or so ago, many fans online were saying Rusev was going to be fed to Cena who would end his undefeated streak. I know Cena fans dismissed those groups as Cena-haters, smarks or cynics, and yet, here we are on the cusp of that prediction coming to pass.

Unless Vince pulls another WM shocker and has Rusev beat Cena clean (ala Taker last year).

Rusev has to lose eventually and the only person who has the status to do it is Cena. The only problem isn't Cena winning, it's what the opponent gets afterwards. Cena always seems to get the last major win and then moves on like nothing happened while the loser gets nothing from the feud(see Bray Wyatt). the difference between Hogan and Cena is Hogan would beat you and toss you out. You'd still have some heat because you didn't spend months being degraded and talking shit to only be put away quickly. Cena drags the heat out of you then discards you when he's done leaching it.

I think Hideo's struggles have been kind of overblown. The progress is definitely there.

I recently watched his debut match with Justin Gabriel, and man, he looked lost. Soft kicks, hesitation, awkward slip ups, etc.

His first three months (September-December) were really lackluster: hiding in Balor's shadow, getting his ass kicked by the Ascension, etc.

Ever since 2015 started, he's been very solid and on the rise in terms of his in-ring work. He's developed a good moveset (sans an impactful finisher) and stiffened up his strikes quite a bit as well. Look at how he was throwing kicks at Gabriel/The Ascension and compare it to his Takeover: Rival match vs. Tyler. Whenever he gets time to work, he puts on a good match. He's more substance than style, so I think it'll take a while for a lot of people to fully appreciate what he brings to the table.

This is very true.

Lrrr

Rusev has to lose eventually and the only person who has the status to do it is Cena. The only problem isn't Cena winning, it's what the opponent gets afterwards. Cena always seems to get the last major win and then moves on like nothing happened while the loser gets nothing from the feud(see Bray Wyatt). the difference between Hogan and Cena is Hogan would beat you and toss you out. You'd still have some heat because you didn't spend months being degraded and talking shit to only be put away quickly. Cena drags the heat out of you then discards you when he's done leaching it.

Before he was kayfabe fired by the Authority, they were setting up Ryback to be the one to stop Rusev. I really liked the idea too as Ryback is believable and he would've gotten a huge rub from it.

Sephzilla

Rusev has to lose eventually and the only person who has the status to do it is Cena. The only problem isn't Cena winning, it's what the opponent gets afterwards. Cena always seems to get the last major win and then moves on like nothing happened while the loser gets nothing from the feud(see Bray Wyatt)

Rusev is in the exact same spot Bray was last year. Really up and coming younger wrestler who has an absolutely great gimmick and is booked super well, only to get crushed by Cena. The only difference between Rusev and Bray was that Bray was pretty damn over with crowds and they basically had to turn the crowd heel on Cena.

jmdajr

Cena's promo on Monday:

"Rusev I will beat you and take your title! Just like how in the main event of Wrestle Mania Roman Reigns will spear Brock Lesnar out of the WWE and take his title! Now that is a match I can't wait to see!"

Laughed more than I should.

This can be the start of something....

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The WWE may have not given me a reason to Balee.

But I will always Bolee.

Then.
Now.
5ever.

Welcome to the Wasteland.

Reigns, baby gurl, is getting that belt. He'll lose it the very next night to Rollins. He starts chasing Rollins and finally in SummerSlam he gets da belt and finally gets his long deserved dynasty run.

Put your avatar where your mouth is.

notworksafe

I've been saying this should happen for a while, but only if they go 100% on it. Play up Itami as another conqueror. Basically Brock for the midcard.

MY CLIENT HIDEO ITAMI CONQUERED JAPAN AND NOW HE IS HERE TO CONQUER DANIEL BRYAN AND RIP THE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE FROM HIS BLOODY HANDS!

Toki767

The sad thing is you know they'll move Rusev on to Reigns a few months after Cena. But since Cena will have already won, Reigns will have nothing to gain from the feud.

In other words, Hulk Hogan is John Cena. Ultimate Warrior is Roman Reigns.
Randy Savage is Daniel Bryan.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You know you could use Gary Hart as Itami's mouthpiece and it would be good.

Alas, god is cruel.

JavyOO7

If you wanna put Roman over stronk...

Why not just have Rusev beat Cena and then sometime around SummerSlam he beats Reigns for the belt? This would mean that Roman never loses the cash in during or after Wrestlemania against Rollins and holds on to the belt until that PPV. Then Roman chases Rusev by winning the Rumble again next year after looking like a world beater and beats Rusev in the main event of WM32. Then if you really want to, Reigns beats Cena in WM33 main event and he could call it a career.

Terrible booking ideas brought to you by me. XD

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly if WWE does go with Reigns as the champ, there's only a couple heels he CAN face, and one of them would be Rusev who would, at this point, be white hot with a victory over Cena.

The other is Rollins.

Sephzilla

Honestly, I would be 100% okay with Rusev beating Cena and then losing to Roman. At least we'd get a break from the "CENAWINSLOL" status quo.

That being said, what's actually going to happen is that Cena is going to beat Rusev clean as a whistle, Roman will beat Brock, and then after Roman tanks as champ Rollins will steal the belt in a cash in and then APPLEDOUGH will end SummerSlam along with 16 TIME CHAMPION

Kaladin

Undefeated streaks end, they kind of have to. I'm okay with Cena ending it because it represents an obstacle Rusev is unable to overcome. Cena is also a level above where Rusev usually competes. It makes booking sense for Rusev to go up a level and have trouble beating the guy legit in a one on one match.

The only thing people have an issue with is WWE's booking after the loss. They have never done that part well and if Rusev goes into a creative spiral after that, it won't be good.

Double turn with Bork and Reigns.
Rusev turn as Lana throws in the towel as she is concerned more about Rusev than the title.

Rusev vs Reigns at SS.

Hasney

After its announced, shall we do an Owens/Zayn bet? Now that's something that could go either way and is interesting as fuck.

Patryn

Honestly if WWE does go with Reigns as the champ, there's only a couple heels he CAN face, and one of them would be Rusev who would, at this point, be white hot with a victory over Cena.

The other is Rollins.

I honestly think if they do have Reigns coming out of WM as champ, he'll feud with Rollins and then Sheamus.

The other is Rollins.

A new face champion needing a heel challenger after Wrestlemania with few options in sight?
Well we know what has to be done here, send for the mask!

9HSkSxz.gif

For what it's worth I belee dat Roman is winning, but I never bet against my desired outcomes because I'm not some fairweather bet-hedging millennial sucka.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Totally off topic - it's hilarious watching someone shove their foot completely into their own mouth (metaphorically)

I know what you mean. Glad you finally decided to pick up DmC for your PS4. It really is better than DMC4.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A new face champion needing a heel challenger after Wrestlemania with few options in sight?
Well we know what has to be done here, send for the mask!

9HSkSxz.gif

This is still one of my favorite Kane jiffs. Between this one and "The Gif That Ended A WrassleGAFfer's Posting Career" kanestumble.gif

^ I crave Kane door peek in higher quality, I'd get much more mileage out of it that way.

Ah yes Hasney, you are correct, a triple threat match also including Big Show would make Roman look even stronger.

Aww Sunny Mac, why'd you have to remind me of Soul Playa's absence, he should be here in 2015.

Oh and the IC title match is more interesting from a betting perspective anyway, but I doubt that there are enough people with strong enough opinions to choose someone in the match. I'm a bit torn between Stardust and Dean but ultimately I have to stick with The Lunatic Fringe

Top Bottom