• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Alo0oy

Banned
WWE has successfully made me not interested in Daniel Bryan, I never even thought that was possible.

Did anybody see that horrendous Smackdown segment? Good lord. Right now WWE for me is basically the Rollins & Orton show, anything else is just terrible, I'm holding out hope for Ambrose though, but I don't want to get too invested in him like I did Bray Wyatt last year, only to see him get buried (probably by Reigns) in the next few months. At least I know Rollins & Orton are guaranteed main eventers.

Aiii

So not worth it
That's a bit shit to reference considering she suffered from an eating disorder for quite some time.

Stay classy, WrassleGAF.

So WWE posted the stupid "turd" segment on FaceBook and titled it "Dean Ambrose telling it like it is". So, like, what exactly are they trying to do here? Turn the crowd on one of their most popular talents? What is wrong with this company?

iMax

So WWE posted the stupid "turd" segment on FaceBook and titled it "Dean Ambrose telling it like it is". So, like, what exactly are they trying to do here? Turn the crowd on one of their most popular talents? What is wrong with this company?

They're doing such a bad job with Dean Ambrose that I literally forgot he existed until just now.

RP912

Banned
The rate things are going with this Road to Wrestlemania...WWE might as well book my dream match to complete the fuckery.

Boogeyman vs Papa Shango.

imBask

Banned

he's a midget and Roman looks strong! Are you really that surprised?

jred2k

That's a bit shit to reference considering she suffered from an eating disorder for quite some time.

Stay classy, WrassleGAF.

Do you honestly think the poster was trying to make fun of her having an eating disorder? Do you think more people than you even know about that?

The rate things are going with this Road to Wrestlemania...WWE might as well book my dream match to complete the fuckery.

Boogeyman vs Papa Shango.

I'm a little ticked that they didn't have Bray run through all of wrestling's supernatural characters (Shango, Boogeyman, Zodiac) before taking on its most notable.

RP912

Banned
I'm a little ticked that they didn't have Bray run through all of wrestling's supernatural characters (Shango, Boogeyman, Zodiac) before taking on its most notable.

You would think that since he wants to challenge the deadman that he would sister Abigail every supernatural gimmick in different segments to troll Taker. I mean it would be a good buildup and all, but what we get....spoken word night starring Bray with Taker using Skype to cut a promo.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Line forms at the rear, literally.
KvCtmFm.png

Alo0oy

Banned

He gets bigger pops than Reigns, that's unacceptable.

You would think that since he wants to challenge the deadman that he would sister Abigail every supernatural gimmick in different segments to troll Taker. I mean it would be a good buildup and all, but what we get....spoken word night starring Bray with Taker using Skype to cut a promo.

This company's lost sight of its core competency: creating stories that induce viewers to pay for more.

jmdajr

I was hoping they wouldn't even confirm that Taker match. Bray would come out to make one final plea. Taker would leave him hanging a little bit and then make his appearance. It's not really smart since you want to hype the fact that a Taker match is on the card.
They didn't need that dumb voice over but oh well....damage done.

Sephzilla

WWE has successfully made me not interested in Daniel Bryan, I never even thought that was possible.

Did anybody see that horrendous Smackdown segment? Good lord. Right now WWE for me is basically the Rollins & Orton show, anything else is just terrible, I'm holding out hope for Ambrose though, but I don't want to get too invested in him like I did Bray Wyatt last year, only to see him get buried (probably by Reigns) in the next few months. At least I know Rollins & Orton are guaranteed main eventers.

For me its a combination of WWE has finally made me not invested in Daniel Bryan and Daniel Bryan has made me not invested in Daniel Bryan. I doubt the guy remotely cares whether or not he's in the world title picture despite being the most over guy on the roster by a wide margin.

jmdajr

D. Bry should shave his head and join The Authority. But how can he go heel? Almost any face he attacks fans will cheer him. Reigns? Cena?

Recall

So once Reigns wins the belt at Mania, then what? Cruise control until Cena wins it at Summerslam or Royal Rumble and hope a fluke opportunity arises to make an interesting summer?

I'm not quite sure what WWE can do next to actually create a buzz about their product without actually putting effort into their booking.

jmdajr

So once Reigns wins the belt at Mania, then what? Cruise control until Cena wins it at Summerslam or Royal Rumble and hope a fluke opportunity arises to make an interesting summer?

I'm not quite sure what WWE can do next to actually create a buzz about their product without actually putting effort into their booking.
I was thinking same. Only sensible option is screw him over. He can't get much stronger after beating BRock.

RP912

Banned

a quick meal feud with Rollins until Cena goes for the gold at Summerslam. I pray for them because Brooklyn will shit all over that match.

Sephzilla

It'll only get interesting if WWE subs go down after Mania (which is likely going to happen regardless of who wins at Mania) and if ratings stay down, because then we'll get to see rapid panic button pushing by vince.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jesus, Minoru Tanaka just showed up at Zero-1 and took ALL of Jason Lee's juniors titles in one match, clean. After Jason Lee earned each one individually.

Is this what the Zero-1/Wrestle-1 partnership is for? To fuck over the people Zero-1 built up just so they can have Muta make an appearance since his flop promotion is flopping on conception?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So is Naomi not allowed to be a character anymore? She's just Mrs. Uso now? Has to wear Uso merch at all times because there's nothing more to her than who she's married to?

Jesus, Minoru Tanaka just showed up at Zero-1 and took ALL of Jason Lee's juniors titles in one match, clean. After Jason Lee earned each one individually.

Is this what the Zero-1/Wrestle-1 partnership is for? To fuck over the people Zero-1 built up just so they can have Muta make an appearance since his flop promotion is flopping on conception?

Muta failed to get his guys over, so now it's the Z1 guys turn to give it a go. At least KAI won the title at last though, but it's amazing how much they squandered his momentum.

Limit

Has there ever been any news of Bryan throwing his weight around backstage or at the very least expressing frustration over lack of directionality of his character?

RP912

Banned
So is Naomi not allowed to be a character anymore? She's just Mrs. Uso now? Has to wear Uso merch at all times because there's nothing more to her than who she's married to?

I noticed that shit along with Nattie tugging along Kidd.

Meanwhile Nikki Bella has no association with Cena at all...hmmmm....

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Didn't Natalya get divorced from Kidd, and wasn't that discussed on Total Divas? So why is the WWE pretending they're still married in these storylines?

Has there ever been any news of Bryan throwing his weight around backstage or at the very least expressing frustration over lack of directionality of his character?

There's speculation that he's been put in the Intercontinental Title match to bring "prestige" back to the belt and make it more important again.

Will believe it when I see it.

Anth0ny

from everything I've seen and heard, he's way too nice a guy to ever do that.

I'm sure when Michael Hayes told him back stage at fast lane that Roman was going over and you have to make him look really strong, all he said was... yes.

chunk3rvd

On the train to Preston for PCW Road to Glory. Any other gaffers attending this weekend? Shame about the talent that's dropped out but still looks like a fun tournament:

(Swap out Justin Gabriel for mystery replacement)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Muta failed to get his guys over, so now it's the Z1 guys turn to give it a go. At least KAI won the title at last though, but it's amazing how much they squandered his momentum.

Watching the show, there's a major awkwardness and unease going on. The W-1 guys look like they don't want to be there, and the Z1 guys look like they don't want them there. It comes off as strictly an office decision without looking to any of the roster for approval. After Tanaka/Lee they're trying to tease Tanaka/Hidaka. And Tanaka keeps randomly trying to grab Hidaka's throat. I guess to look heelish, but Hidaka keeps swatting it away and Tanaka keeps doing it while trying to promo. It strikes me as 'this is about to turn into a shoot.'

It seems like a loss for everyone. Zero-1 should have tried to reach out to AJPW if they could, maybe use the Sugiura connection. While AJPW is in the shitter ,they've been making improvements this year and if you combined Zero-1 and AJPW, you'd have a juniors division that could compete with NOAH's. Zero-1 seems stagnant but wanting to improve, AJPW went to shit but IS imporoving, Wrestle-1 started as shit and keeps getting shittier. I'd only scalp 1 or 2 people from Wrestle-1's roster if I was a promoter, and that says a LOT.

I'd much rather watch Suwama vs Otani or even Bono-chan vs Sekimoto instead of Funaki vs Tanaka or some shit.

I guess we'll get a YASSHI/Kondo reunion out of it?

Top Bottom