• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

06.gif

gxyblaO.gif

T M F

goys lemme shoot

i always thought 1989 dropped off after shake it off but I Wish You Would is a great song. Bad Blood is ok; B+ tier.

aww shit this pepsi on my desk is like halfway done; best news of the day.

notworksafe

Lord Tensei video, Josh Matthews interview, and now a Great Khali match. This is a night of failures all around.\

And a K-Mart ad spot. The losses just keep on building!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Apparently works for people who do sex acts on streams.
While those people are being funded by employee's and possibly CEO's of Fortune 500 companies I'd like to imagine most twitch streamers in turn make their money off millennials who stole their parents credit cards.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm almost up to Summerslam 1994. It seems a good show on paper but I know people who hate it. Taker versus Faker, Proud and Noble American Tatanka versus sold his soul to the Million Dollar Man Lex Luger (Note that their last match took me three weeks to stay up through...) but it also has Diesel versus Razor Ramon (The Outsiders...EXPLODE) and Bret versus Owen in a 15 foot cage!

Also Leslie Neilson!

Paracelsus

If his political ambition is shot and he's just going to go out each week and try to kill himself while "he performs" for no good reason, he should just retire right now.
He's got nothing left to prove and the WWE has nothing left to give him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5z13Q4KidI

Forgot the minute, but he said he only recently started to make money (he can't afford the bus like Orton and Cena would), and from older interviews and segments, he really seems to be there just to gather some more cash for his retirement. He can't even sell himself for UFC like Punk did. Even the whole "repackage yourself into a bearded clown because kids watch the show and you need them to go over" points to that.

dream

It's Bob Sapp's nickname. Before he was taking dives for money, he was a big deal in Japan. Massive deal, actually - dude had his own chain of stores devoted to JUST SELLING THINGS INVOLVING BOB SAPP. Sadly, IT'S BOB SAPP TIME is off of Youtube.

I actually have a private collection of Bob Sapp videos, with file dates of 2003. This includes Bob Sapp Time. Would anyone like me to upload them somewhere?

I'm almost up to Summerslam 1994. It seems a good show on paper but I know people who hate it. Taker versus Faker, Proud and Noble American Tatanka versus sold his soul to the Million Dollar Man Lex Luger (Note that their last match took me three weeks to stay up through...) but it also has Diesel versus Razor Ramon (The Outsiders...EXPLODE) and Bret versus Owen in a 15 foot cage!

Also Leslie Neilson!

Don't forget bull Nakano vs HOfer Alundra blayze!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I actually have a private collection of Bob Sapp videos, with file dates of 2003. This includes Bob Sapp Time. Would anyone like me to upload them somewhere?

Uh YEAH!

Just to be clear, Plywood, I only despise people who watch Twitch streams. As a pro wrestling fan, I have a great deal of respect for the streamers who can get the rubes to give them money.

Forget about it dream, folks around these parts use the term "carny" as if it's derogatory.

UberTag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5z13Q4KidI

Forgot the minute, but he said he only recently started to make money (he can't afford the bus like Orton and Cena would), and from older interviews and segments, he really seems to be there just to gather some more cash for his retirement. He can't even sell himself for UFC like Punk did. Even the whole "repackage yourself into a bearded clown because kids watch the show and you need them to go over" points to that.
We should just consider him to be another Jericho that sticks around all the time and will lose every feud he's in until he's done.
I'm sure the fans will wake up and come to terms with this fact soon enough. Alucard, I'm looking at you.

dream

Let's not fool ourselves. If Daniel Bryan could pass a medical (which is doubtful), Zuffa would sign him and book a fight with Diego Sanchez in a heartbeat. UFC vs. WWE is real. There's a war going on outside no man is safe from. From these, streets that we done took. You walking with your head down scared to look. You shook. Cause ain't no such things as halfway crooks.

Mahonay

Banned
I continue to be happy with my choice of not watching any WWE (outside of NXT) until Mania. Threw up my hands after Fastlane. Actually I guess I should probably watch the go home episode of RAW...I guess.

EDIT:
I mistakingly called it Payback instead of Fastlane. It all blends together into one shit pile in my mind now

Hasney

Why do I keep imagining Vince doing that laugh he used to do on commentary when he was pitched the idea of Ambrose and Ziggler calling Bryan a turd.

EDIT: Who am I kidding, I mean doing that laugh when he thought up the idea himself.

You can tell Vince is really putting in extra effort to get involved with all the storylines this mania.

Everything just has that Vince level of dumb to it. Normally you get down the card enough and he kind of gives up and lets someone else do it and sanity gets restored.

Recall

At times I think wrestling fans have thinner skin than video game fans. (Quite guilty myself of taking wrestling shit personal about 10 years ago) The message board I post on to do nothing more than post reviews of things I've watched on the network IP banned me for saying the ROH 13th Anniversary show wasn't as fun as I was hoping.

When it comes to wrestling especially ROH or Evolve you can't talk about it, just either suck it's dick or leave it alone. Everyone gets so worked up over the tiniest of things. I am the most banned member of ROH's old board as I was genuinely argumentative and open in my opinions but I moved on from being that way and found enjoyment in just posting reviews on other message boards. Seemingly that was still enough to piss someone off. *shrug*

Recall

Hah, where was that? The ROH World board? I know those guys have a stick up their ass if you don't automatically adore everything ROH does. Fanboys are funny.

Yeah ROH world.

I mind my own business for a year just putting up WCW/WWE/ROH reviews. Go into one thread and that's it.

chunk3rvd

Yeah ROH world.

I mind my own business for a year just putting up WCW/WWE/ROH reviews. Go into one thread and that's it.

Haha. I think we probably shaved years off Gabe's life and affected his sanity when he had to play mod for the old ROH boards. He seems to have mellowed out since then at least! Can't believe you're still upsetting people on message boards though :p

I always found it funny that a lot of the people who gave Gabe constant shit on the old ROH message board were the same people who swore off ROH when Gabe was fired. Yeah, there was an element who praised everything ROH did without question, but I also found there were a lot of people who were so merciless and impatient with storylines, picking apart everything Gabe was trying to do. It must have been frustrating for him, dealing with some of that shit.

I read through the replies and she's been talked into watching NXT and going to an indie show in Osaka at some point, so she was saved. Wrasslin' fans nicer than gaming fans clearly.

Score one for the good guys. Sorry Seph.

Good to hear we're not complete dicks.

radcliff

I noticed on the replay of Heyman's Raw promo on Smackdown that they edited out the part when he said Brock killed UT to the point that Bray Wyatt has to resurrect him. I wonder if he got heat for that.

Alucard

Banned
We should just consider him to be another Jericho that sticks around all the time and will lose every feud he's in until he's done.
I'm sure the fans will wake up and come to terms with this fact soon enough. Alucard, I'm looking at you.

I'm cool with it. Not sure Bryan is.

Alucard

Banned
Not sure if this was posted, but Vampiro helped a man who was likely experiencing a seizure in public. This was posted online Monday.

http://mindofcarnage.com/2015/03/09/vampiro-aids-elderly-man-in-mcdonalds-during-a-seizure/

066_Scary0008.jpg

Vampiro came to the aid of an elderly man at a McDonald’s in Ontario, Canada. TMZ reports that the Lucha Underground announcer saw a man fall to the ground at the restaurant and begin convulsing. He called 911 and administered first aid techniques, then waited with him until first responders arrived.

Vampiro spoke with TMZ and said he’s just happy to have been in “the right place at the right time.”

+1 humanity.

bjork

Roman Reigns said:
“Everybody has a story about my family, it seems. It is really neat to get all the perspective from everybody over the years. For me to live this life that so many of my family members have already lived and experienced, it is a really neat process. Every town I go to I feel like I’m walking in their footsteps. The ironic thing is this is my ship now, I’m the captain here

Man, fuck this shit. Fox318 is Roman Reigns.

Top Bottom