• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't think Doink had a job as a clown. I think he just liked to dress like one. I have serious doubts that the man went to Clown School.

kiguel182

We already had big show do that. Make him wrestle in McDonald's gear, co-marketing

He also apparently gets plenty of exposure on the diva show. But I don't watch it, so all I know is he's married to Natalya and has some cat fetish. What about that will get me invested in a feud? Is there a wrestler with a dog fetish? Cat vs Dog match?

Have you watched his NXT run? He was a cocky heel that just tought he was better than everyone while everyone made fun of him for being in the shadow of Natalya. He also treated her like crap because of that while being totally delusional about the whole thing.

The reason you don't know any of his is because WWE creative doesn't give him promos or interviews like they did on NXT. The fact that he has trunks or that plays a normal guy has nothing to do with it.

UberTag

He also apparently gets plenty of exposure on the diva show. But I don't watch it, so all I know is he's married to Natalya and has some cat fetish. What about that will get me invested in a feud? Is there a wrestler with a dog fetish? Cat vs Dog match?
I remember what happened to the last guy that thought it would be a good idea to advertise his affection for man's best friend.

alsnow_display_image.jpg
vmc14.png

Pepper_display_image.jpg
hd-big-boss-man-feeds-al-snow-hi-640x360.jpg

bjork

Have you watched his NXT run? He was a cocky heel that just tought he was better than everyone while everyone made fun of him for being in the shadow of Natalya. He also treated her like crap because of that while being totally delusional about the whole thing.

The reason you don't know any of his is because WWE creative doesn't give him promos or interviews like they did on NXT. The fact that he has trunks or that plays a normal guy has nothing to do with it.

I don't actually watch wrestling any more. That's the funnest part about this thread. I live vicariously through you guys, and then if something sounds amazing, I'll hunt for clips.

I remember what happened to the last guy that thought it would be a good idea to advertise his affection for man's best friend.

I have to say, the kennel in hell match with mick foley and kevin kelly doing commentary is pretty great.

Al Snow is a good example of a character maybe not working. What the hell was his character? He was crazy and talked to a head. Then the head got pinned because they put a bottle of Head and Shoulders into the base of the head, so he got a dog. What the fuck man.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
'With the deepest regrets, and tears that are soaked
I'm sorry to hear that your dad finally croaked
He lived a full life on his own terms
Soon he'll be buried and eaten by worms
But if I could have a son as stupid as you
I'd have wished for cancer so I would die too
So be brave, and be strong, get your life on track
'Cause the old bastard's DEAD and he ain't never comin' back!'

bjork

I have to go mow my backyard before it's about 700 degrees outside. I haven't done it since like november. Wish me luck. I'm guessing I have to dump the bag at least four times.

gurudyne

Al Snow is a good example of a character maybe not working. What the hell was his character? He was crazy and talked to a head. Then the head got pinned because they put a bottle of Head and Shoulders into the base of the head, so he got a dog. What the fuck man.

He was a comedy character. The loon. You could slot him in anywhere on the lower-to-mid card to inject some levity. That Head and Shoulders bit falls in the same vein as a Santino match on Saturday Morning Slam or Daniel "Dazzler" We-All-Wrestle-Bears Bryan. Just some lighthearted fluff.

Then again, that feud with Bossman was amazingly dark. Not sure if they were going for humor or what, but Bossman is still one of my favorite psychopath heels as a result of that and the Big Show feud.

Carnby

Internet wrestling forum quiz.

Do you ever feel like...

1. You're expecting or even hoping for the show you're watching to be shit, just to have something to complain about?

2. You spend more time complaining about wrestling than actually watching it?

3. You could be doing way more constructive things instead of complaining about wrestling?

Super negative quiz, but something to get the juices flowing.

Gonna watch some NJPW now. Wee.

I definitely spend more time here than watching wrestling. That's easy when I only watch the ppvs. I don't have cable and Raw isn't worth a Hulu subscription.

dream

I have to go mow my backyard before it's about 700 degrees outside. I haven't done it since like november. Wish me luck. I'm guessing I have to dump the bag at least four times.

There are people you can hire for that, bjork...

tumblr_lvle4ygYaw1qzzcb0o1_500.jpg

Wasn't his character that he had had too many (failed) gimmicks and went a bit mental? Then one day he turned into a Tough Enough trainer.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Savant bookers Jado & Gedo are having a meeting backstage to discuss Marufuji's 'worst year ever' angle with Minoru Suzuki rehearsing the lines, 'You are not Mr GHC. You are a long way from it.'

klonere

Banned
entertainment, entertainment

There would be a lot more entertaining wwe wrestlers if a bunch of them took cocaine

I like to think the double bird flipping camera winking swearing Randy Orton is the only one man enough to keep up the old traditions

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Don't forget the drugs. Jesus fuck, what's happened to this sport?

Less recreational drugs, better, harder to detect performance enhancing drugs cycled properly.

I do wonder how many UFC fighters are going to get got with their new drug testing policy.

dream

The WWE always says that Jake Roberts "has a great mind for the business." I think it's time to put their money where their mouths are, and hire Jake as an agent. He'd be unable to resist the temptations of the road, and could usher in a new era of greatness by introducing today's roster to the pleasures of crack cocaine.

UberTag

Don't forget the drugs. Jesus fuck, what's happened to this sport?
This isn't a sport any more. The sport is dead.
Watch UFC for the sport. Plenty of drugs still there, too.

This is now a circus. And every performer is a clown. A clown to entertain us. Are you not entertained?

notworksafe

DDP has said something similar on Stone Cold's pod, non-sarcastically. He thinks Jake would be well suited to be a behind the scenes guy at WWE. Also mentioned that Hall really enjoys camera directing. I'd be down to watch a Raw directed by Scott Hall.

scabro

DDP has said something similar on Stone Cold's pod, non-sarcastically. He thinks Jake would be well suited to be a behind the scenes guy at WWE. Also mentioned that Hall really enjoys camera directing. I'd be down to watch a Raw directed by Scott Hall.

the shaky cam wouldnt even be intentional

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yes, judging from the number of people on my twitter feed who can't stand "western" heel tactics when the Bullet Club do it, but funnily enough don't seem to mind when it's Suzuki-gun.

I don't mind it overall, but it makes Jado and Gedo look like they only know how to book one thing. And neither has proven they know how to book faction warfare despite their boner for it compared to guys like Genki.

Top Bottom