• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

I don't mind it overall, but it makes Jado and Gedo look like they only know how to book one thing. And neither has proven they know how to book faction warfare despite their boner for it compared to guys like Genki.

I'm not sure how many ways there are to book an invading faction, other than they piss everyone off and take all the gold. I'm sure Cho Kibou-gun will turn, they already teased it today with Maybach shaking Marufuji's hand, and that will put an interesting spin on things.

Also, it's not really faction warfare when there's just one stable kicking up a fuss - even when Okada was getting beat down by the Bullet Club, it was never a BC vs CHAOS thing, it was a BC vs Okada thing. You can't really compare it to DG where you've got four major factions all going after each other...well, three. Jimmyz are just sort of 'there'.

UberTag

Is Bryan a lock for the 2015 Cesaro award?
daniel-bryan-yes.gif

DMczaf

What Vince and company have done to Daniel Bryan in just 3 months is honestly impressive. The vindictive nature of Vince is on another level that no one can touch.

scabro

What Vince and company have done to Daniel Bryan in just 3 months is honestly impressive. The vindictive nature of Vince is on another level that no one can touch.
hes still like the most over guy they have though which is fucking hilarious really

DMczaf

Some more observations from my WM rewatches:

CM Punk has great #BigFightFeel walkouts for his last 2 WMs. He was overrated for some things (like actually wrestling), but he had the charisma of a legit main eventer. It's sad that his career will always be "What could have been".

The Rock's 30 min comeback matches are half impressive and half "What the fuck are you doing Rock? You're 40 and you haven't wrestled on a consistent basis in 10 years!!! Of course you're gonna blow up everytime you dummy!"

dream

"Daniel Bryan is awful and will never get over" isn't exactly a warning, more of a prediction. A wrong one.

To be fair, he is awful. Turd-awful, in fact. And you can accurately make the case that he didn't get over with the people he needed to get over with.

edit: and I agree with you, DMKehoe. CM Punk was better than Daniel Bryan in every way.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Some more observations from my WM rewatches:

CM Punk has great #BigFightFeel walkouts for his last 2 WMs. He was overrated for some things (like actually wrestling), but he had the charisma of a legit main eventer. It's sad that his career will always be "What could have been".

The Rock's 30 min comeback matches are half impressive and half "What the fuck are you doing Rock? You're 40 and you haven't wrestled on a consistent basis in 10 years!!! Of course you're gonna blow up everytime you dummy!"

The second Punk one is pretty good.

UberTag

To be fair, he is awful. Turd-awful, in fact. And you can accurately make the case that he didn't get over with the people he needed to get over with.

edit: and I agree with you, DMKehoe. CM Punk was better than Daniel Bryan in every way.
D.Brine needed to be a good little Miz and shave off his hippie beard, get a haircut and eat his meat and go out drinking with Vince like a good little kiss-ass.
If you're not over with him, it doesn't matter how over you are with anyone else.

Hasney

Good lord, that Hall of Pain WWE 2k15 DLC is awful. Who thought "We need more Mark Henry, Big Show, Kane and Ryback alts. Oh and throw in the Great Khali too".

Catching up with NXT, looking forward to Riley getting a beating. It's not even a smarky liking the heels thing, Riley was never good in the ring, and has been such a shitheel on commentary I want to see him destroyed.

Hasney

Catching up with NXT, looking forward to Riley getting a beating. It's not even a smarky liking the heels thing, Riley was never good in the ring, and has been such a shitheel on commentary I want to see him destroyed.

His promo impressed me quite a bit and his match with CJ Parker was pretty good. I hate him slightly less now.

dream

If we're being candid here, Daniel Bryan needed to go on the gas. I suspect he'd be headlining against Brock if he came back with 30-40 pounds of muscle.

scabro

If we're being candid here, Daniel Bryan needed to go on the gas. I suspect he'd be headlining against Brock if he came back with 30-40 pounds of muscle.

candid, he was pretty big a few years ago, before his neck died

his problem now is more looking like a labrador's asshole

Paracelsus

daniel-bryan-smackdow10uaj.jpg

He already stated that look for him is marketing, the issue is the body, he wouldn't look believable against Rey Mastrio for the Cruiserweight title.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Friend, THE guy for the WWE needs the gas more than anyone in the company. Roman needs to be pumped full of juice to come anywhere close to what Vince imagines him looking like.

klonere

Banned
Out of all the things I noticed when lurking this thread, people thinking that Total Divas isnt 100% fake is probably the craziest

Total Divas is trash, marks.

dream

Friend, THE guy for the WWE needs the gas more than anyone in the company. Roman needs to be pumped full of juice to come anywhere close to what Vince imagines him looking like.

No argument here; bigger is always better. But Roman has the luxury of ring gear that hides much of his physique. Daniel Bryan has the handicap of being bare-chested, revealing a physique that looks very much like Jeff Jarrett or Bob Holly, putting him in the same category as Jeff Jarrett and Bob Holly.

DMczaf

Another WM29 observation:

Everyone had a better match with Bork Laser than Triple H. EVERYONE.

Ok, maybe he had a better match than Big Show, but I was more entertained by Bork completely emasculating him on live TV.

brock-hits-show-with-chair.gif

dream

I just went on wwe.com, examined their "Superstars" section, and compiled a list of male wrestlers who have the look (because all of their lady wrestlers have the "Diva" look).

Alex Rusev
Bad News Barrett
Bray Wyatt
Brock Lesnar
Byron Saxton
Damien Mizdow (in a Lanny Poffo sort of way)
Dean Ambrose
Dolph Ziggler (until his hair dries)
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
HHH
Jack Swagger
John Cena
The Miz
RKO
Roman Reigns
Titus O'Neil
Undertaker
William Regal