• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

somedevil

BRB using my imagination cuz no links

NXT Champion Kevin Owens underwent a partial meniscectomy for a knee injury late last week, WWE.com has learned.

“I’m not the kind of person that lets things like this get in my way,” the NXT Champion told WWE.com following his surgery. “I’m already walking around without crutches and doing physical therapy at the WWE Performance Center.”

For those worried the injury might affect Owens’ highly physical style, he was quick to put any doubts to rest.

“Now that I’m at the level I am now, and with as much at stake as there is, I don’t think it’s going to slow me down. I’m on the way back.”

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/kevin-owens-knee-surgery-27202141

Not sure how long that takes to recover from but he won't be wrestling at the NXT stuff at Wrestlemania. Just hope he be ready by late May for the next pay per view.

They didn't call him the Big Red Machine for nothing, he rarely breaks down.

Now I understand, when they showed this logo:

RI3umn1.gif

They were talking about Kane.
50ppp

in 2015

I'm not trying to overload my borwser with gifs, friend

I DO browse PopGAF, after all

Now I understand, when they showed this logo:

http://i.imgur.com/RI3umn1.gif[img]

They were talking about Kane.[/QUOTE]

I think the Kane cycle needs to reach tag team once more so he and Cena can form "Then, Now, Forever" and bring legitimacy back to the tag team titles.

After Cena restores the glory to the US title of course.

"...am I really a turd?"

real talk. My manager requested a 1 on 1 with me. How do I get through it without saying I cannot work with my coworker indefinitely and I am looking for a new job? It's gonna be hard.

Just bury your coworker. I've already had to do it a few times at my job because people don't like getting shit done.

Kaladin

The next tapings at Full Sail are April 23rd. I'd imagine he'll be fine by then.

Just hope he's at the house show I'm going to April 18th.

Sephzilla

There's a 343 Industries employee complaining about a snake oil salesman in another thread. The delicious irony considering how Master Chief Collection went.

Kaladin

Recovery for that kind of knee surgery can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months it seems.

Again, it's a good sign that he is already off crutches for a speedy recovery.

Is this a good idea? Plus this will effect PWG as well.

No smart wrestler will sign an agreement that doesn't have some sort of "if the WWE comes calling..." opt-out clause. So if this is being done as a response to "NXT raiding talent," it's gonna be an insta-fail.

It probably does spell danger for PWG if it happens though. But that's largely PWG's doing. They've always relied too much on ROH guys. I think they are smart enough to adapt, but it'll set them back. You don't build a local base of talent and storylines that people care about for that talent overnight.

The only way ROH has the money and stroke to have that (the NXT opt-out thing) not be the case is if a deal with SpikeTV/Viacom is not only real, but really financially lucrative for ROH/Sinclair

Barring the SpikeTV/Viacom scenario, it's most likely that this is driven by the pressures of being a weekly TV promotion and always having to worry about talent going off on another indy date and getting injured, which hurts your long-term booking for the TV show.

Problem with this, for ROH, is they see themselves as "we're not an indy anymore, we are owned by a multi-million dollar TV conglomerate" in the front office (the guy from ROH that was on Wrestling Observer Live a couple of weeks ago said this many times) but every indication suggests that they are still super budget constrained by their parent company.

The other problem is, of course, that even if you have talent under exclusivity contracts, those guys can still go out and work a house show for YOU and still take a bad bump and get injured and be off TV. You just payed a lot more for that to still happen.

The ROH guy that was on Alvarez's show said one very smart thing: They desperately (my words not his) need to get into that next tier of larger buildings. If they are consistently selling a thousand or more additional tickets, a lot of the budget problem goes away, and the talent can not only be locked down, but they can also go out and deepen the bench.

Problem is, it's gonna be hard to build that more casual fanbase that they need to attract to sell a thousand or more new tickets with the current product. The product just doesn't look "big time" in any way.

So some of it gets back to the problem of "you gotta spend some money to make money," and I still don't see Sinclair digging too deep into their pockets to make that happen. This is a common excuse for why the lighting/production looks like crap a lot of the time, but it's especially the case with the actual wrestling talent.

Another part of it (especially on the production side) is just a question of having the right people in place to make smart production and aesthetic choices. Frankly, I don't know if ROH has those people. Some of the problems ROH has on the production side aren't simply problems of money. I see some just plain bad artistic direction choices being made with the production assets they DO have that make the product look worse than it has to.

Thorakai

There's a 343 Industries employee complaining about a snake oil salesman in another thread. The delicious irony considering how Master Chief Collection went.

I feel like someone else in this thread was asking whether they should bury a 343 employee for the same reason.

Kaladin

Many patients are able to begin a muscle-strengthening program, using weights, within a week of surgery. For the first few weeks after surgery, you will probably not be able to run or jog until you have regained equal strength in both legs. Full recovery and return to sports activities can take from three to six weeks, if no arthritis is present in your knee. If you have arthritis, then you may not see the full benefits of the arthroscopy for up to six months.

http://www.iskinstitute.com/kc/knee/meniscus_tear/t3.html

Looks like he'll be back by the next tapings.

A partial meniscectomy is not that big a deal. I know a number of people that have had them. Usually it's a scope deal, with a small cut, and you can be back to full activity in a couple weeks.

Edit: Beaten.

Kaladin

Funny thing is, with it's current crop of stars, NXT doesn't miss a beat without Owens, they can still build perfectly awesome house shows without...

Here are the results from the 03/15 WWE NXT event in Citrus Springs:

*Colin Cassady pinned Bull Dempsey.

*Mike Rallis beat Steve Cutler.

*Alexa Bliss & Devin Taylor beat Becky Lynch & Dana Brooke.

*Solomon Crowe beat Chad Gable with the Stretch Muffler.

*Bayley pinned Carmella with the Bayley to Belly.

*Hideo Itami pinned Tye Dillinger with a kick.

*NXT Tag Team champions Wesley Blake & Buddy Murphy beat Sawyer Fulton & Tucker Knight.

*Baron Corbin pinned CJ Parker.

Oh.

Kaladin

This is something I haven't seem commented on elsewhere.

If you're looking for proof that NXT is going to become a touring brand in May, look no further than their live event schedule.

They typically have announced return dates for every one of their house shows.

They ran Bartow, FL and Citrus Springs, FL this past weekend. No return dates announced. No live event tickets are on sale past Jacksonville, FL on April 18th, and no dates have been announced past that date outside of the Full Sail taping on April 23rd.

NXT is leaving FL friends, and it's doing it soon.

Source: http://nxttickets.ticketforce.com/

The only way I'd consider staying is if he is fired immediately. Even then I'd still want to leave.

Calmly let your manager know the hows and whys re: your shitty coworker, and stress that you can't continue working with someone like him. Don't let your boss know that you're looking for work elsewhere until you've actually found something, obviously. If your boss is a good one, then s/he'll probably be willing to work out a solution.

Hopefully things go better for you soon, and good luck on that job hunt.

Kaladin

So what, the nxt house shows have dempsey, corbin, dubstep cowboys, and lucha dragons?

no thanks

It's a crap shoot, like WWE live events. You go hoping to see the big stars in good matches. You could get anyone doing anything though.

I have been happy with both shows I went to. I got a debuting Sami Zayn and Kassius Ohno vs The Wyatt Family at one, and Itami vs Balor vs Neville at another.

Top Bottom