• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Aiii

So not worth it
They should probably debut Sasha Banks next Monday along with Snoop Dogg.

I would do that if I were WWE, doesn't matter if it's the Raw before Mania, really.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why do I pay for the Network when I can't find this goddamned Sting promo on there.

If I have to pirate stuff, I'd rather not pay for the Network at all, come on WWE. :(

Alo0oy

Banned
I bailed on every single program except for Rollins/Orton, & it's the only part I've watched of Raw, but I've been hearing chatter on twitter that Raw was good.

I don't want to ruin my mood, ever since I stopped watching the entire show, I've been actually looking forward to Raw episodes to see what happens between Rollins & Orton.

So should I watch all of Raw? Or is it gonna ruin my good wrestling mood?

It's pretty sad that hearing about a good WWE show means I have to be extremely cautious

Ithil

I bailed on every single program except for Rollins/Orton, & it's the only part I've watched of Raw, but I've been hearing chatter on twitter that Raw was good.

I don't want to ruin my mood, ever since I stopped watching the entire show, I've been actually looking forward to Raw episodes to see what happens between Rollins & Orton.

It's pretty sad that hearing about a good WWE show means I have to be extremely cautious

I had it on in the background, I missed the first hour but it seemed like another of those aimless shows to skip. The main event segment was good but that's it.

ibnYLzCsjiZ2Ca.gif

Oh I can see last night was great.

Alucard

Banned

Do what I did. Watch the final segment and listen to Review-a-Raw. I feel up to date and like I watched the most important part.

Jamie OD

It's pretty much been the same episode as any for the last month. Orton Vs Rollins feud pushed, Cena trying to get his Rusev match, IC and Tag Title shenanigans, Bray talking about Taker, Bellas Vs AJ & Paige, Show and Kane arguing with each other, etc. If you've seen only one episode you still get everything you need to know for Mania.

Alo0oy

Banned
Thanks everyone.

I already watched the opening segment & the main event, it seems like I haven't missed anything. Hopefully Taker shows up next week.

I don't think I'll even watch WM live, I'll probably just watch Orton vs Rollins & the Ladder match, & maybe Cena vs Rusev if the WM crowd does the smarky thing & chant for Rusev/Russia. There's also a chance of Undertaker stealing the show so I might keep an eye on that.

Nothing else is even remotely interesting.

If you've seen only one episode you still get everything you need to know for Mania.

Hell, just watch the WrestleMania pre-show and you'll see all the video packages that tell you everything you need to know. There's zero reason to watch RAW & Smackdown, as far as I'm concerned. Everything important that happens will be summed up later in a stylish video package that makes dull, drawn-out in-ring promos seem far more sensical than they were in fact.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hell, just watch the WrestleMania pre-show and you'll see all the video packages that tell you everything you need to know. There's zero reason to watch RAW & Smackdown, as far as I'm concerned. Everything important that happens will be summed up later in a stylish video package that makes dull, drawn-out in-ring promos seem far more sensical than they were in fact.

Yeah, agreed, you could also just read a recap, the ones on tjrwrestling.net are pretty good to keep up with stuff.

I only put on Raw in the background at work, just to have something to listen to since I need to do five things at once because my brain's weird, but I agree that it's entirely skippable. You don't need to watch it for the wrestling and the storytelling is better in 5 minute recaps.

Ithil

I think they show the video packages during WM anyway, so even the pre-show is useless.

kiguel182

It's kinda sad how I barely care for Mania. It's supposed to be the biggest show of the year but the only match I'm looking forward is Rollins/Orton. The rest is just "wtv". I didn't hate Raw, it's more that I just don't care.

RAW needs jobber matches again, with maybe one or two 'TV main events' that go a bit longer - I wouldn't mind all the wasted time if the matches were of a better quality, but they're not. They're overly long, poorly paced and generally just dull wrestling.

Also, the thing I'm most hyped for at Mania weekend is seeing Tommy End kick ass in EVOLVE. I can't recall a Mania I've been this apathetic about.

Aiii

So not worth it
RAW needs jobber matches again, with maybe one or two 'TV main events' that go a bit longer - I wouldn't mind all the wasted time if the matches were of a better quality, but they're not. They're overly long, poorly paced and generally just dull wrestling.

Also, the thing I'm most hyped for at Mania weekend is seeing Tommy End kick ass in EVOLVE. I can't recall a Mania I've been this apathetic about.

They have jobber matches.

Everyone besides two guys are treated as jobbers, after all, it's one jobber match after another if you think about it.

WWE just needs a complete overhaul of their creative and booking departments. Get rid of everyone involved, including Vince and the Levesque's and start over with a proper booker.

I guess jury is still out on Trips, I suppose, but put Regal or someone as head booker of WWE and see how that goes.

They have jobber matches.

Everyone besides two guys are treated as jobbers, after all, it's one jobber match after another if you think about it.

Those aren't jobber matches, they aren't even extended jobber matches. Sure, the talent are booked like jobbers, but they still get to go out there and wrestle a lengthy match (by TV standards), even if the resulting match is as dull as shit. It's one of the reasons no one cares about the Usos, because they've SEEN every single high spot the Usos ever do in every single match they ever have, regardless of whether it's TV, PPV or a house show. They've also seen every single combination of every WWE tag team imaginable and then WWE wonder why no one gives the slightest of shits about the tag division.

Forkball

It's kinda sad how I barely care for Mania. It's supposed to be the biggest show of the year but the only match I'm looking forward is Rollins/Orton. The rest is just "wtv". I didn't hate Raw, it's more that I just don't care.
The build up for nearly every match has been lackluster, but I think the in ring work has a lot of potential. There are some good match ups on paper.

bjork

I'm telling you guys, the only way a reboot happens is if they do a Vince amnesia angle where he thinks it's 1985 again.

Shiv47

The build up for nearly every match has been lackluster, but I think the in ring work has a lot of potential. There are some good match ups on paper.

It's hard to build up anything these days, outside of matches with Brock, because we've seen it all before. Aside from the Sting/Taker matches, I guess, but those have been hurt by a lack of Sting/Taker (and them being old).

YouShoot officially sucks. I decided to give Kayfabe Commentaries (who I am normally a huge fan of and still am somewhat) one more chance after the disasters of Evan Bourne and Brodus Clay. I bought the Alberto Del Rio (now known as Alberto el Patron) YouShoot and of course he didn't reveal anything interesting and didn't discuss the case against WWE saying "it was all in the past." The next one they're doing features Lanny Poffo in May.

Aiii

So not worth it
YouShoot officially sucks. I decided to give Kayfabe Commentaries (who I am normally a huge fan of and still am somewhat) one more chance after the disasters of Evan Bourne and Brodus Clay. I bought the Alberto Del Rio (now known as Alberto el Patron) YouShoot and of course he didn't reveal anything interesting and didn't discuss the case against WWE saying "it was all in the past." The next one they're doing features Lanny Poffo in May.

I could have told you this before your purchase mate, Alberto signed a Non-Disparagement clause as part of his settlement. He couldn't legit shoot on WWE even if he wanted to.

jmdajr

Well I thought Stang looked great. I feel confident he's going to deliver.

Disappointed that yet again Reigns was not made to look strong this week. Now I don't know who will look strong at the end of next weeks RAW.

the road continues

2015-03-16-road-to-wrestlemania-31.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How did this thread go last night? Any horrible racism or sexism? I haven't checked in. I don't want to be sad.

Top Bottom