• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

dream

God Sunflower, it's both hilarious and glorious to see the Nintendo people still trying to envelope themselves in denial even after their favorite company waved the white flag on the handheld gaming market.

notworksafe

Morning, guys. Happy St. Patrick's Day. Why didn't Sheamus return last night? Would have been near-perfect timing.
I figured he'd come out during the Battle Royale segment and eliminate Show and Mark Henry.

Maybe they're saying that for Mania. I figure he has to be in that thing.

16BitNova

Just caught up on the second half of Raw. Lol at Heyman saying Brock is going to give Roman a "prison beating". I am getting a strong sense that Brock is going to retain at WM.

Also that was a decent promo by Reigns. No stutter and seemed to believe in himself for once. Getting better.

Hopefully Sting continues to grow his hair until next Wrestlemania. Can the Undertaker even grow his hair back? I'd like to see the long haired dead man, instead of whatever he's been doing for the past two years.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
God Sunflower, it's both hilarious and glorious to see the Nintendo people still trying to envelope themselves in denial even after their favorite company waved the white flag on the handheld gaming market.

I guess I should look at Gaming-side. Did Nintendo do something today?

dream

I just watched the wwe.com highlights of Stinger teaming up with RKO, Sunflower, and it felt like he was seconds away from saying "it's showtime folks" and calling HHH a big ole nasty booger. Stinger is so corny.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They're doing some smartphone games.

Is that it? Who cares? Let them make money.

I just watched the wwe.com highlights of Stinger teaming up with RKO, Sunflower, and it felt like he was seconds away from saying "it's showtime folks" and calling HHH a big ole nasty booger. Stinger is so corny.

They teamed up? More evidence we should be seeing Surfer Sting.

scabro

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

We should spend the day acknowledging our favorite Irish wrestlers not named Sheamus.

tumblr_n3e1gkOCcQ1sbzhteo1_400.gif

jmdajr

Stang and HHH should will the best entrances. Don't disappoint me!

Also, Reigns should have to walk all the way down from the high sections.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone ever seen any of Virgil's pre-Virgil stuff when he was Soul Train Jones? I haven't, but I'm curious.
tumblr_nl2uibBdp51rkf4k0o1_500.jpg

jmdajr

Who rocked a suit the best on Raw?

27% Rusev

15% Triple H

14% Stephanie McMahon

8% Paul Heyman

3% Kane

3% J&J Security

19% Michael Cole, Booker T & JBL

12% Rusev's lawyer

dream

Virgil makes me sad because despite having characters before and after the gimmick, he will always be Virgil to the dwindling amounts of people who are aware of his existence. I would love to make a documentary about this, about what life is like for him under these circumstances, framed against that infamous picture of "Wrestling Superstar Virgil." I would call it 30 Years a Slave.

Fox318

A champion who dresses sharply, fights for his people and never gives up vs a bully who dresses way to young for his age in jorts.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Virgil makes me sad because despite having characters before and after the gimmick, he will always be Virgil to the dwindling amounts of people who are aware of his existence. I would love to make a documentary about this, about what life is like for him under these circumstances, framed against that infamous picture of "Wrestling Superstar Virgil." I would call it 30 Years a Slave.

m5O1ZfA.gif

I've seen a highlight reel set to music - it was just him doing an Apollo Creed gimmick, which for Memphis, was astonishingly contemporary.

Sounds fun.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well now that Sling is on the Bone I signed up, ready to watch Lucha Underground like a good person.

Alo0oy

Banned
Orton/Rollins and the IC ladder match will probably be good.

Both have been written terribly though, Orton/Rollins are overcoming terrible writing because the crowd are too invested into their program (kinda like Bryan last year). & regarding the IC ladder match, just watch last week's Smackdown segments.

Both should be phenomenal in the ring though, if Vince is smart he won't put any of those two matches before the main event. if you look at it another way though, he can be smart & put those two matches right before the main event consecutively, that way the crowd would be too tired to shit on that match lol.

Remember when we thought that Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler or Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus at WrestleMania was a possibility? How I yearn for those halcyon days, where we'd get a singles match instead of this ladder match clusterfuck.

imBask

Banned
I'm really really sick of WWE doing PPV matches before the PPV... like, i'm 90% sure we'll get a full 20min Orton vs Rollins match next week. This week we had a tag team shenanigans with everyone involved in the ladder match

it diminishes the importance of the PPV matches

jmdajr

I'm really really sick of WWE doing PPV matches before the PPV... like, i'm 90% sure we'll get a full 20min Orton vs Rollins match next week. This week we had a tag team shenanigans with everyone involved in the ladder match

And at the same time.

"Where is Brock? Where is Stang? Where is Taker?"

Sure..it's about balance.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Remember when we thought that Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler or Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus at WrestleMania was a possibility? How I yearn for those halcyon days, where we'd get a singles match instead of this ladder match clusterfuck.

I would much rather have this ladder match rather than having to deal with Bryan vs Sheamus yet again.

Kaladin

We all know this ladder match is best for business.

Remember how people complained that there was no MITB on Wrestlemania?

I feel like this ladder match could be the start of a new tradition. It would elevate the IC title and make you feel like people want to have it going into Mania.

Alo0oy

Banned

God I hope not, there's too much hatred on that feud to be booked like that, that feud needs to end in a street fight/last man standing/hell in a cell match, not being wasted on Raw main events.

jmdajr

they can brawl if they want, cut promos, blow up limos backstage... that's how stories used to progress

I'm hoping for next weeks Raw Bray goes out to find Undertaker grave, Digs it out....and bring it to Mania to resurrect him.

"ARIIIIIIISE!!" maniacal laugh*

I'm hoping for next weeks Raw Bray goes out to find Undertaker grave, Digs it out....and bring it to Mania to resurrect him.

"ARIIIIIIISE!!" maniacal laugh*

Well, incomprehensible 15 minute promo that goes nowhere and does nothing and is only tolerable because Bray can deliver promos well, but yeah, sure.

Top Bottom