• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
DBZ and Naruto are cut from the same shitty shonen cloth. Fist of the North Star may be just as formulaic, but at least it doesn't fuck around.

Fist of the North Star had dope-ass character designs, too.

BgnXzVT.png

DRNfqzo.jpg

uQZkqMn.png

JOENeBb.jpg

Raoh is by far the dopest dude in the whole series.

literally.

No dude seriously got fucked up by some chocolate

DBZ's entire shtick is that they are tied to food. (All the character's names are based on food - be in the japanese version of the name, the main name, or their alternate name).

One of the best episodes I ever saw was where Goku wanted to get his drivers license. I don't know, I was just incredible amused.

Well that show sounds fucking stupid, I don't ever want to watch that stupid shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you want crazy shonnen, go read JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. You'd like the character designs Sunny, I'm sure of it

I used to enjoy Jojo back in the day. Their "new" Jojo is fucking dogshit and trash and cheapens the original unending series. Fuck new Jojo fans. All the appeal is lost.

Heroman

Banned
So scan a guy's head and introduce a newer model with a different hair sculpt. It isn't that difficult. If they could switch the hair of a Posh Spice doll weeks after she got the new style, a wrestling toy could have new hair or a new tattoo. Especially when you consider many of them use the same body and arms.

Or, pepper more variety into the waves so the same four guys aren't in every other assortment.

So does DBZ post-Cell Games. Naruto never had people turning into cookies and guys getting fucked up by balls of chocolate, at least.

Sunny, they're basically the same formula, it just depends which aesthetic you prefer. They're both strong early, then fall into the "it's too big to stop now, keep making chapters" trap after a certain point. But even then, both have late-game moments that are cool.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/12203
Buu saga is fucking awesome and even at it worse it is still way better that the war arc

Sephzilla

Game is amazing, I'm in shock on how much I like it

The main thing about Xenoverse that bugs me is that its way too randomized in spots. Some item drops are just way too low and even certain Parallel Quest events like Vegeta or Goku going Super Saiyan are randomized. Other than that, I fucking love this game. And I love that it's not meant to be a balanced competitive fighter, but instead a DBZ sim because "fuck you there's no way Krillin beats Vegeta"

rrc1594

Buu saga is fucking awesome and even at it worse it is still way better that the war arc

Still salty on how Gohan was done in by Toriyama. He became strongest in the universe for what Toriyama for WHAT!

The main thing about Xenoverse that bugs me is that its way too randomized in spots. Some item drops are just way too low and even certain Parallel Quest events like Vegeta or Goku going Super Saiyan are randomized. Other than that, I fucking love this game. And I love that it's not meant to be a balanced competitive fighter, but instead a DBZ sim because "fuck you there's no way Krillin beats Vegeta"

Yeah been trying to get Z-Sword for like 2 days now.

Sephzilla

To let another OT thread bleed in here a little, for AmericaGAF please for the love of God do not let Scott Walker get anywhere near the White House.

Still salty on how Gohan was done in by Toriyama. He became strongest in the universe for what Toriyama for WHAT!

Gohan sucks and his midcard demotion in the Buu Saga was the best thing that ever happened to the character. He actually got a personality after that.

Fucking Gohan got more failed pushes than Alberto Del Rio.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
To let another OT thread bleed in here a little, for AmericaGAF please for the love of God do not let Scott Walker get anywhere near the White House.

Who? Is he a famous actor?

Aiii

So not worth it

Biggest crime ever committed was the burial of Son Gohan. Crying shame. He should have become Future Gohan, not Scholar Gohan, dammit.

Sephzilla

Biggest crime ever committed was the burial of Son Gohan. Crying shame. He should have become Future Gohan, not Scholar Gohan, dammit.

Gohan getting lazy after the Cell Saga makes complete sense for his character though. He never had remotely the same amount of drive to be the strongest as Goku, Vegeta, or Piccolo. Future Gohan ended up differently because he was still fighting for his life.

I've never understood the appeal of Gohan though. He's used as a get out of jail free card most of the series.

bjork

He got his fight and considering the buy was the last arc of db I let it slide.

Yo , is there as bad as obito in the buy saga.

Buu splitting into different forms and then being reincarnated as a little kid that the protagonist abandons his family to go train with at the ending is equally as dumb. The asspulls with the dragon ball wishes are on par with Sasuke's eye hax, etc. They're both memorable but they're even level in my book.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright I'm at the point where I regret bringing up shitty DBZ because apparently you guys really need Jesus

jmdajr

Jesus accepts me even if I watch DBZ.

If anything I hope he forgives my love of wrestling.

edit: Not sure why I can't see anyone's Avatar. But...it bothers me.

Top Bottom