• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Gorillaz

I like how anime and wrassling (at least in this thread/internet) is always within a degree or like 6 of separation.

Sunny is leading the charge on this one. Cure would be proud

Finn Balor with some fans

B_HLhGfW8AAXqGM.jpg

jmdajr

Vince was reportedly strongly against the idea of Lesnar attending a UFC event while under contract with WWE.

Needless to say, according to F4WOnline.com, Vince McMahon was not happy when Lesnar did in fact appear at the PPV Saturday night.

Reigns to win in 16 seconds

The crafting in Freedom Wars is fucked. Why would you hide stats for determining how good a weapon will be from players?

Last Friday's NJPW on AXS was another good episode; for all the jokes about ol' Fishface Naito, it's easy forget that they were building him up before squandering any momentum he has. As Meltzer's pointed out, there is a danger than NJPW's main event will get stale after years of variations of Okada, Tanahashi, and Nakamura. Styles helps a little, but they need new blood in the main event. And then there's the fucking state of your junior heavyweight division, New Japan.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vince was reportedly strongly against the idea of Lesnar attending a UFC event while under contract with WWE.

Needless to say, according to F4WOnline.com, Vince McMahon was not happy when Lesnar did in fact appear at the PPV Saturday night.

Why would he be happy with that? This is how Bork negotiates. You appear, see the impact his presence makes, and you work on a deal. "Do you want this shit happening, Vince? No? Then MAKE ME A BIGGER OFFER. If not, it's obvious I can go make money somewhere else."

Thanks

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Flat out speculation but I still think this is just heavy bargaining from Bork and that there's no way he's actually going back to ufc.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Flat out speculation but I still think this is just heavy bargaining from Bork and that there's no way he's actually going back to ufc.

Even if he has no desire to go back to UFC at all this is just negotiation. Go watch an MMA fight - Dana White will comp you. Just the appearance of it being a possibility will raise the money you get paid. There's no downside to going to UFC for an event. It's just bargaining power. Nobody should be shocked he was there.

Reason for the Brock incident maybe?

jmdajr

Why would he be happy with that? This is how Bork negotiates. You appear, see the impact his presence makes, and you work on a deal. "Do you want this shit happening, Vince? No? Then MAKE ME A BIGGER OFFER. If not, it's obvious I can go make money somewhere else."

If Vince lets Brock do WWE and UFC, then who else is going to get that deal? Hell I'd be cool with more WWE guys doing non WWE things. I don't see how it hurts business, but Vince doesn't think so.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If Vince lets Brock do WWE and UFC, then who else is going to get that deal? Hell I'd be cool with more WWE guys doing non WWE things. I don't see how it hurts business, but Vince doesn't think so.

I can't see someone getting that kind of deal. You open yourself up to a few issues.

1. Your MMA training camps will be SHITTY.
2. You hold a belt in WWE and lose in 10 seconds in MMA? Devalued title
3. Possible injury on both ends

There's no good reason to let someone do both. TNA/Bellator were LUCKY with Lashley.

jmdajr

I can't see someone getting that kind of deal. You open yourself up to a few issues.

1. Your MMA training camps will be SHITTY.
2. You hold a belt in WWE and lose in 10 seconds in MMA? Devalued title
3. Possible injury on both ends

There's no good reason to let someone do both. TNA/Bellator were LUCKY with Lashley.

That's the biggest gamble to me. I mean the reverse could happen too.

Anth0ny

What kind of availability does that shitshow have, anyway? Is it on any particular streaming service?

Everything is here.

Looks like the first 29 episodes are actually free to watch, which is cool. There's 291 in total. One month of funimation's subscription thing is $7.95. Pretty good deal considering all the stuff you're getting, including all of DBZ. I think it's on Hulu too?

You even have the choice of dub or (the superior) Japanese with english subtitles. Dub vs sub is basically, "King, did you just see that clothesline?" vs "LARIATOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

But for someone new to the series either version is fine.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rousy still interested in getting in a WM/angle still? she was talking that up a few months back

WWE really needs to make that happen. They dropped the ball on it, hard, at Summerslam. Rousey is so huge right now.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I personally love these wrasslers that know their worth and have taken their business elsewhere and don't give a fuck about upsetting Vince. Fuck you pay me.

jmdajr

Rousy still interested in getting in a WM/angle still? she was talking that up a few months back

It be good business. Not sure how you go about it though. Divas division not serious. It's all about Total Divas
which sure..is entertaining junk. But all the girls are lumped together unlike the men.

Bandini

I for one enjoy one piece

One Piece is definitely tops right now for me as well, it just keeps getting better and more fleshed out. The current arc has wrestling homages in Franky's "strong style", the characters Abdullah and Jeet (Abdullah the Butcher and Tiger Jeet Singh), and arguably the #1 heel in all of entertainment, the truly fearsome and despicable Donquixote Doflamingo. What's not to like? Other than the anime adaptation I mean.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Everything is here.

Looks like the first 29 episodes are actually free to watch, which is cool. There's 291 in total. One month of funimation's subscription thing is $7.95. Pretty good deal considering all the stuff you're getting, including all of DBZ. I think it's on Hulu too?

You even have the choice of dub or (the superior) Japanese with english subtitles. Dub vs sub is basically, "King, did you just see that clothesline?" vs "LARIATOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

But for someone new to the series either version is fine.

Wow, Funimation owns the rights to show...a LOT of shit. Wow.

bjork

What kind of availability does that shitshow have, anyway? Is it on any particular streaming service?

It's far faster to consume if you blow through the manga. True for any series, really.

One Piece is definitely tops right now for me as well, it just keeps getting better and more fleshed out. The current arc has wrestling homages in Franky's "strong style", the characters Abdullah and Jeet (Abdullah the Butcher and Tiger Jeet Singh), and arguably the #1 heel in all of entertainment, the truly fearsome and despicable Donquixote Doflamingo. What's not to like? Other than the anime adaptation I mean.

It's the king of shonen.

they buy up anime licenses like vince buys wrasslin tape libraries, brother.

Except they actually fucking DO SOMETHING with the rights they buy.

Fuck you, Vince! Stop hoarding all the territory wrestling! What, afraid your precious WWE Universe will figure out how good things USED to be?

Anth0ny

best anime right now, easily. the wrestling references in the current arc are so great.

Wow, Funimation owns the rights to show...a LOT of shit. Wow.

Basically the wwe of anime distribution, but instead of buying the rest out they survived when others went under

It's the king of shonen.

Friends!

Bork completely no selling Vince's bullshit.

Punk quitting and kicking WWE's ass in court and might do the same thing again.

AJ shooting on Steph about women's pay

More wrestlers need to stand up to these carny ass punks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

You think Punk has a leg to stand on in court? I wouldn't bet on it.

Heroman

Banned

Most wrestler aren't punk, Brock or aj.

Sephzilla

Why the fuck would Vince McMahon be upset that his current WWE Champion would be appearing on another show?

You think Punk has a leg to stand on in court? I wouldn't bet on it.

If Punk can verify the independant doctor appointment that confirmed his staph infection then Dr Z-Pac is fucked.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If Punk can verify the independant doctor appointment that confirmed his staph infection then Dr Z-Pac is fucked.

Not at all. Even there, he has to prove that his doctor, and WWE's doctors, were negligent in what they did. Diagnosing something (even if incorrectly diagnosed, that does not prove negligence assuming WWE's doctors did what was expected given the symptoms present) incorrectly isn't damning. It has to be considered negligence.

Sephzilla

Not at all. Even there, he has to prove that his doctor, and WWE's doctors, were negligent in what they did. Diagnosing something (even if incorrectly diagnosed, that does not prove negligence assuming WWE's doctors did what was expected given the symptoms present) incorrectly isn't damning. It has to be considered negligence.

It would be Punks word vs Z-Paks word and the difference is that Punk could have evidence to corroborate his story.

jmdajr

The average guy on the roster would get buried so fucking hard for doing stuff like that. Unfortunately most can't really stand up for themselves.

Aiii

So not worth it

Punk is being sued, isn't the burden of proof on the doc's shoulders?

Doesn't help doctor z PAK that hewent on tv and said Sami,zany had 5 concussions,but went to Abu Dabi anyway.

Also hard to prove damages when you still have a job,

This could get real ugly if it goes to court

Top Bottom