• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Sephzilla

I hate Dragonball Z because it's a babby show, BUT, is Xenoverse actually good? Whether you're a fan or not, doesn't matter - just curious if that game's dope or no.

Do you like games like Phantasy Star Online or semi-MMOs like Destiny? Because Xenoverse is one of those games. It's got a few nitpicky flaws and it can be a grind a little bit but the raw game is pretty neat I think.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Do you like games like Phantasy Star Online or semi-MMOs like Destiny? Because Xenoverse is one of those games. It's got a few nitpicky flaws and it can be a grind a little bit but the raw game is pretty neat I think.

Yeh. I guess I'll rent.

Sounds like I should check it out on youtube and twitch!

I just can't watch gaming media. I just can't. I absolutely hate sitting still watching games when I could be playing a game. It's a hurdle :( I'll never understand how people can watch a game they even have, especially, when they could be playing it.

Heroman

Banned
Gohan is absolute dogshit before the Buu Saga. He's a background character who acts as a deux ex machina in order to get the actually good characters out of a sticky situation all the time. Goku or Piccolo will be almost about to die, Gohan will cry and then OUTTANOWHERE the bad guy in order to buy the main character some time in order to win. Rinse and repeat until the Buu Saga where he actually becomes a character.

The end of the Cell Saga is almost literally everyone carrying Gohan to victory because Gohan can't get the job done himself
Gohan hidden has made some of the greatest moments in the serious also he like a little kid so I can't put to much on him. Also he was like 9/10 at the cell saga of course he would need help.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Would you say Dragonball Z is better than Naruto as an animated feature?

I just can't watch gaming media. I just can't. I absolutely hate sitting still watching games when I could be playing a game. It's a hurdle :( I'll never understand how people can watch a game they even have, especially, when they could be playing it.

I don't watch religiously anymore and I only trust 1 or 2 people playing to form an opinion if I'd like it or not.

Hasney

I remember getting the first Dragonball fighting game on Wii thinking motion controls would rule

Christ how wrong was I.

Aiii

So not worth it
I hate Dragonball Z because it's a babby show, BUT, is Xenoverse actually good? Whether you're a fan or not, doesn't matter - just curious if that game's dope or no.

I'm a huge DBZ mark, so I'm biased, but I am really loving Xenoverse. And I've hated pretty much every 3D Dragon Ball game aside from a few.

For one, it actually varies the gameplay so that you're not just replaying the same old storylines like every other game. There's side-quests and shit too. There's a little bit of customization, gear and what not. Being able to make your own character and playing a somewhat original story is good.

But most of all, the fighting is fun for once. It has a decent lock system, a decent combo-system, it's easy to do special moves and it's fast paced. Really has that Dragon Ball feel to it.

All in all it's a really fun game. Biggest thing I have against it is that they've disabled Remote Play and I can't play it on the Xperia, but it is what it is.

Kaladin

Would you say Dragonball Z is better than Naruto as an animated feature?

They're both about the same....depends on what you're looking for. I do think Naruto was worse for filler. It got really bad when they caught up with the manga and couldn't go forward till new ones were written.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't watch religiously anymore and I only trust 1 or 2 people playing to form an opinion if I'd like it or not.

That's the key. Find good reviewers that you KNOW and adapt their reviews to yourself. Knowing the reviewer is key.

I've never watched Naruto, but I enjoyed one of the games that was released during the 360 era. I've watched Dragonball Z, but I've never played one of their games.

jred2k

Wow. Lot of Anime talk in here, might have to PM a mod. People might come in here and think they can't talk about wrestling!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. Lot of Anime talk in here, might have to PM a mod. People might come in here and think they can't talk about wrestling!

If you don't like it in here, you should check out the Black Culture Thread. It's basically animu-gaf 33% of the time but without any creepy pedo stuff.

Sephzilla

Here, I'll fix it.

DragonBall's story arcs are basically booked just like a wrestling promotion. You have your Randy Orton OUTTANOWHERE moments with Kid Gohan. Goku and Vegeta fight to a 60 minute time limit draw. Freiza is the big monster heel who puts over Goku at the main event, and then on his way out manages to put over Trunks as well. Androids 19 and 20 are enhancement talent who help put Vegeta over, and then Vegeta repays the favor by putting over Android 18 and Cell. The entire roster helps carry Gohan to the main event spotlight in the Cell Saga, and then Gohan's merch doesn't sell very well and fans don't accept his premature push so he gets demoted back to midcard where he's allowed to flesh out his character some more.

jred2k

Here, I'll fix it.

DragonBall's story arcs are basically booked just like a wrestling promotion. You have your Randy Orton OUTTANOWHERE moments with Kid Gohan. Freiza is the big monster heel who puts over Goku at the main event, and then on his way out manages to put over Trunks as well. Androids 19 and 20 are enhancement talent who help put Vegeta over, and then Vegeta repays the favor by putting over Android 18 and Cell. The entire roster helps carry Gohan to the main event spotlight in the Cell Saga, and then Gohan's merch doesn't sell very well so he gets demoted back to midcard where he's allowed to flesh out his character some more.

PM sent.

Sephzilla

Oh, finally caught the most recent NXT yesterday.

We aren't going to get a Kevin Owens vs Alex Riley mini feud, are we?

jred2k

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2015-03-02/five-point-preview-27146168/page-3

It was far from a “Moment of Zen” Thursday night on “The Daily Show” when Seth Rollins appeared during the final segment of the Comedy Central series and delivered a face-to-face message to the Emmy Award-winning talk show host.

“Why don't you shut your mouth and bring it, pal?” Rollins asked a visibly shaken Stewart.” “How about you show up, this Monday night on Monday Night Raw?”

What will transpire when Stewart comes to Raw, where Rollins will no doubt be anxious to settle their rivalry once and for all?

Stewart on Raw? That'll put some seats in to butts.

Is there a real reason Luke Hawx hates AJ Styles? A couple videos online where he's going in on the guy in a way that doesn't seem to be building up to anything. Mostly just calling him gay, weak and small.

Sephzilla

I heard a rumor that Minneapolis was trying to get WrestleMania 33? Anything further happen from that news? I'll absolutely go to Mania if it's there

I think for my wrestling trip this year, it will prolly be BOLA 2015. Can't do ROH due to it being on a random Wednesday and then in Canada land.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Here, I'll fix it.

DragonBall's story arcs are basically booked just like a wrestling promotion. You have your Randy Orton OUTTANOWHERE moments with Kid Gohan. Goku and Vegeta fight to a 60 minute time limit draw. Freiza is the big monster heel who puts over Goku at the main event, and then on his way out manages to put over Trunks as well. Androids 19 and 20 are enhancement talent who help put Vegeta over, and then Vegeta repays the favor by putting over Android 18 and Cell. The entire roster helps carry Gohan to the main event spotlight in the Cell Saga, and then Gohan's merch doesn't sell very well and fans don't accept his premature push so he gets demoted back to midcard where he's allowed to flesh out his character some more.
I fucks with this analogy.

XenoRaven

I went back and watched some of my favorite DBZ clips recently and what I saw of Naruto was for sure better. DBZ hasn't aged well for me at all.

For reference, I stopped watching Naruto after the Pain arc and I stopped watching DBZ after Vegeta fought Buu.

B_FYZydWoAAUPgb.jpg

Top Bottom