• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

The non-wrestler signings and the women would be making 100k or more. Indie guys tend to take lower salaries because they're desperate to get in, while they have to entice someone like a football player, and they have the mentality that they need to pay the women a certain amount in order for the women to keep up their appearance.

Also the big name indie talents like Zayn would be getting paid plenty too. It's more the scrubs that get paid 30 or 40k, or people they don't have much in the way of plans for.

I remember Meltzer mentioning Devitt explicitly as a guy making much more than the typical indie guy because he was hesitant to leave NJPW.

Devitt's deal is ridiculous. And I would bank on him going up soon. You don't turn down a sweetheart deal at NJPW with an Armani sponsorship unless you're making bank

Ithil

I remember Meltzer mentioning Devitt explicitly as a guy making much more than the typical indie guy because he was hesitant to leave NJPW.

I imagine he's already making main roster money. How else would you coax him from a comfy spot on the upper card of New Japan?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone here actually know how much Devitt is making or are we just pretending?

Well...it's like this. He probably...he may...have made more money in NJPW. Probably, but maybe...I can't say for certain.

davehart.jpg

Sephzilla

I don't doubt that Balor is making good money in NXT and I imagine Balor will be called up within a year. I'm still worried Vince is going to ruin Balor's "demon form" though. If I was running the main roster here's probably what I would do in order to get Demon Balor over though.

Have him debut around SummerSlam time and have him stay as normal Balor until Royal Rumble. Have him find out he drew either #1 or #2 for the Royal Rumble and say that he needs dig deeper to pull out a win. Then debut Demon Balor at the Rumble and have him win.

Ithil

Does anyone here actually know how much Devitt is making or are we just pretending?

All I have to go on is what was said when they were negotiating with him (that the offer on the table was considerable and wouldn't leave him in developmental for years like others) and common sense based on his position in NJPW.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That's not right, Amann needs to proof that he never saw Punk's infection. Punk on the other hand needs to provide evidence that he did. His wife being in WWE actually helps him, if AJ testifies that Punk saw the doctors and was taking the Z-Pak's that essentially proofs Punk wasn't lying. Along with that, he can have AJ's Tampa doctor that treated Punk testify that that part of the statement is correct and he is pretty much in the clear along with the fact that the doc never lost employment or income. No monetary penalty, no false statement, no merit to his claim.

No, it is right, even if the elements you're talking about are tangentially material. Punk does not need to prove anything, that's not how being the Defendant works, all he has to show is that his statement wasn't knowingly false (e.g. if he legitimately thought he saw Amann for it but then it turns out he didn't, he still wins). What the doctor has to prove is that Punk had actual malice when reporting a defaming statement. AJ's testimony has very limited credibility, for the record.

Also, damages in a case like this are simply presumed.

GreedZen

Banned
Nikki shooting at Ziggler. Do you remember when Bryan carried you in that one ppv match.

I wanna her to shoot at Reigns next.
Boom head shot.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
This business.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/...erchandise-so-that-he-never-outsold-john-cena
On a recent edition of MLW Radio, Konnan discussed WWE's merchandise practices, and accused WWE of manipulating merchandise sales so that CM Punk never outsold John Cena. Here is what he has to say on the show…

When CM Punk was red hot and started to outsell the John Cena merchandise, I know people that work in the company in the merchandise department, I know people that work the arenas and sell the merchandise, and I can tell you exactly what WWE did: as soon as John Cena started getting outsold by CM Punk, they made 3 additional John Cena designs, they refused to make a second CM Punk design and they started undershipping the CM Punk design on purpose. For every CM Punk shirt they would ship to the arena, they would triple John Cena shirts and they would do 3 John Cena designs. So every 10 shirts in the arena, if 9 are Cena, only one is Punk. Punk is going to sell out right away because they didn’t send enough and at the end of the night they’re going “Oh John Cena quadrupled Punk’s merchandise.” Of course he did! Because you’ve purposely created a situation where it would be impossible for CM Punk to outsell John Cena.

We’ve told the story on the show before, years ago at Wrestlemania when WWE was struggling. It’s Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart in the main event going 60 minutes, people are leaving during the main event, you can check the video tape. People are leaving during the main event of Wrestlemania, and Hall and Nash have both told me that Vince said that night that he would rather have a half full arena cheering for the guy that he says to cheer for than a full arena cheering for whoever they want.

Aiii

So not worth it
Okay, just put on the latest Comic Book Men episode and out come Kazarian and Daniels to shill their wrestling comic.

Legit shook right now, outta nowhere.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also folks, consider this

CM Punk had plenty of different shirts at the time. Cena's just more marketable, more leeway with designs.

Sephzilla

Yall are killing me

this is the same company that keeps pimping Cena's make a wishes while ignoring what everyone else does. this is the same company that tried to make the crowd at wrestlemania heels along with bray wyatt instead of just making cena heel. i could totally buy into the idea that they'd try to manufacture things so that cena stays the top seller.

jred2k

Okay, just put on the latest Comic Book Men episode and out come Kazarian and Daniels to shill their wrestling comic.

Legit shook right now, outta nowhere.

Oh wow. Other people DO watch this show.

Did Walt try and make Ming take a submission hold?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
this is the same company that keeps pimping Cena's make a wishes while ignoring what everyone elses does. this is the same company that tried to make the crowd at wrestlemania heels along with bray wyatt instead of just making cena heel. i could totally buy into the idea that they'd try to manufacture things so that cena stays the top seller.

I dunno what to tell you, Bray Wyatt's Make-A-Wish was front page at wwe.com. And it was dope.

But it's a lot more fun to pretend there's a conspiracy. A conspiracy that would cost the WWE money in its quest of making money. Which makes a lot of sense.

Cue up the R-Truth jiffs.

I would watch Raw or even SmackDown if Meng and The Barbarian stiff the hell out of Bray Wyatt during one of his shitty, rambling promos.

Sephzilla

I dunno what to tell you, Bray Wyatt's Make-A-Wish was front page at wwe.com. And it was dope.

But it's a lot more fun to pretend there's a conspiracy. A conspiracy that would cost the WWE money in its quest of making money. Which makes a lot of sense.

who's got the picture of all the shit Vince has burnt millions of dollars on like the XFL and Linda's campaign?

also millionaire who should be a billionaire, etc.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
who's got the picture of all the shit Vince has burnt millions of dollars on?

also millionaire who should be a billionaire, etc.

Keep quoting CM Punk and believing this conspiracy. I'm telling you, you're being worked by Konnan of all people.

Toki767

Are you telling me that Vince McMahon wouldn't throw the opportunity to make tons of money down the drain just to prove that he's right in who he chooses?

Sephzilla

Keep quoting CM Punk and believing this conspiracy. I'm telling you, you're being worked by Konnan of all people.

Vince McMahon
no more brown bags for my meals
(Today, 03:51 PM)

Are you telling me that Vince McMahon wouldn't throw the opportunity to make tons of money down the drain just to prove that he's right in who he chooses?

Sunny is pretending that Vince hasn't already burnt millions of dollars in the past on clearly stupid ideas

Top Bottom