• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

JavyOO7

Oh man, if what Hugh Morris did is true and Jericho is defending him like that, then... jesus. I thought Jericho was a neat guy due to the first two books of his I've read...

I wonder why Hugh is such a douche nozzle. Maybe as The Fall of WCW said, dude had tons of concussions especially several at a row. I guess all those hits in the head cause him to treat people like caca. =/

Maybe giving a never-been cunt insecure with himself because he couldn't succeed at a "fake" sport the keys to other wrestler's futures isn't the best idea.

See: $500 wrestling schools in the 80s

I wonder why Hugh is such a douche nozzle. Maybe as The Fall of WCW said, dude had tons of concussions especially several at a row. I guess all those hits in the head cause him to treat people like caca. =/
I think it's more likely he gets off on some pathetic little power trip.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
re-watched the heyman shoot over and over, its god tier. what a promo, if it wasnt for heyman you wouldnt even know there was a wrestlemania main event

Aja Kong ain't nothing to fuck with;

EYU0m4t.gif

jft8MVR.gif

Or Bull Nakano, for that matter;

WxFN0f1.gif

tbcNrpq.gif

Love the way she almost derisively smacks Hokuto in the face, Bull clearly didn't give two shits about the Dangerous Queen or her reputation.

Ok Progress wrestling fans just curious who you think are under the masks as the Faceless. Any chance it's the London Riots?

A good chance, I'd say - but I'm mostly basing that on the fact that the fat one totally has the same body as Rob Lynch. They could be throwing a curveball our way, though. I had also thought it could be Danny Garnell and that Damon Moser chap.

Aiii

So not worth it
He's an attraction!

This Mania is just weird all around, the top 3 matches:
-Invisible Brock vs. Roman Reigns.
-Invisible Sting vs. Triple H.
-Invisible Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt.

Oddly enough, the fourth main event Rusev vs. Cena, includes a guy that claims you can't see him.

BUT YOU CAN!

This Mania is just weird all around, the top 3 matches:
-Invisible Brock vs. Roman Reigns.
-Invisible Sting vs. Triple H.
-Invisible Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt.

Oddly enough, the fourth main event Rusev vs. Cena, includes a guy that claims you can't see him.

BUT YOU CAN!
It's also pretty hard to see Daniel Bryan buried in that multi-man ladder match. But I think that was kind of the point.

They must not be making him look strong enough. He should probably face the entire roster in a handicap match next week (aside from Brock), and win.

The WWE's booking of Roman Reigns is weird they want him to look strong but, he's eatem two pinfall losses recently one to Big Show the other to Seth on Monday Their constant need to put him over is hurting him and their continued weird booking of him continues to hurt him.

The WWE's booking of Roman Reigns is weird they want him to look strong but, he's eatem two pinfall losses recently one to Big Show the other to Seth on Monday Their constant need to put him over is hurting him and their continued weird booking of him continues to hurt him.
The booking by the company is weird and nonsensical all around, in many instances. Very weird.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Man Cena got treated like trash so good, crowd booed him HARD when he was doing his "get knocked down get back up" spiel, then Steph just comes out over top of him.

Oh man, she slapped him down so hard.

AxelMANIA BABY!!!!!!

Jamie OD

For all the jokes of making Roman look strong, they're even messing that up. Him dramatically overpowering Kane and Big Show in tests of strength looks stupid when compared to Brock tossing people into the air and letting gravity do its work.

Aiii

So not worth it
Jericho sure loves his cushy WWE job.

To be fair, all he's saying is "30 years ago, people treating you like trash under the guise of training was totally fine and normal and it should be now, too."

Which of course is dumb as fuck and ignoring the fact that WWE is a company that wants to pretend it's a huge deal and not a ring in a basement in some house in Canada.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oh man, if what Hugh Morris did is true and Jericho is defending him like that, then... jesus. I thought Jericho was a neat guy due to the first two books of his I've read...

Well if you think aboot it Chris Benoit was one of his best friends. And we all know what happened to him... Former World Heavyweight Champion, that's what. So these babies better start growing up, and stop callin mommy about the booboos they got from coach Morris. They are here to "Take a spot", not be one on the mat.

I'm pretty sure Jericho was never forced to wrestle other guys naked while training. Or was put through the shit Hugh Morris has been repeatedly been reported on doing. It also really disappoints me in how much Jericho has shown himself to be a tool over the last few years.

kiguel182

The saddest part about this Bill Demont thing is how it's obvious that old school mentality of "working hurt" and bullying someone to "respect the business" is still in full force.

And it's even more aggravated by the WWE trying to pass the public image that they care for their workers and take the upmost care of them.

Ithil

Problem with Jericho there is going by his own book he was only bullied/abused once during training, at that was at the very start by one of the Harts, who didn't even do any of the camp after that, Jericho was trained by someone else who didn't treat them badly at all.

Alucard

Banned
I'm pretty sure Jericho was never forced to wrestle other guys naked while training. Or was put through the shit Hugh Morris has been repeatedly been reported on doing. It also really disappoints me in how much Jericho has shown himself to be a tool over the last few years.

Can we get a list going for "Really, Jericho?"

-Complained on Twitter about The Rise and Fall of WCW winning the best wrestling book award from PWI in 2014. Sour grapes that his third book didn't get it.

The saddest part about this Bill Demont thing is how it's obvious that old school mentality of "working hurt" and bullying someone to "respect the business" is still in full force.

And it's even more aggravated by the WWE trying to pass the public image that they care for their workers and take the upmost care of them.

I wonder if that type of attitude will ever truly be stamped out. It exists in almost all sports. It's bullshit and unnecessary, and is more about one person trying to show their power over another.

The Demott stuff is gross. Hope he's fired.

Alucard

Banned
Man Cena got treated like trash so good, crowd booed him HARD when he was doing his "get knocked down get back up" spiel, then Steph just comes out over top of him.

Oh man, she slapped him down so hard.

AxelMANIA BABY!!!!!!

It was a grab bag segment of randomness, but it was all acted very well. I'm on board Axelmania. Not sure how much mileage he can get out of this shtick, but for the time being Curtis Axel (CURTIS EFFING AXEL) is getting a reaction and is delivering the most entertaining work of his WWE career, and some of the most entertaining WWE TV in general.

They're being really coy about announcing Bryan as being in the Ladder match, and I can't figure out what their angle is. Then again, I haven't been watching the show. Is it more obvious there?

Alucard

Banned
They're being really coy about announcing Bryan as being in the Ladder match, and I can't figure out what their angle is. Then again, I haven't been watching the show. Is it more obvious there?

He's been involved in most of the segments involving the IC title, especially on last week's Smackdown and this week's Raw. All but confirmed he'll be in the match, I figure. I'd rather he just face Sheamus after the latest spoilers regarding who else is going to be in the ladder match, though.

A good chance, I'd say - but I'm mostly basing that on the fact that the fat one totally has the same body as Rob Lynch. They could be throwing a curveball our way, though. I had also thought it could be Danny Garnell and that Damon Moser chap.
I was thinking at least Rob Lynch as well, the skinny one who defended the title on Sunday was definitely not a Riot, but I wasn't really getting a Lynch vibe from the larger guy either. No clue at this point basically.

I like the idea of bringing back the Riots to deal with The Faceless personally.

Bunch of UK promotions booking Bob Holly and I feel like I'm the only one who couldn't give the slightest of shits.
Who does give a shit?

It's also pretty hard to see Daniel Bryan buried in that multi-man ladder match. But I think that was kind of the point.

Yeah, I don't want to see Bryan in that ladder match. It's already too bloated. I would actually rather see a feud with Sheamus over that.

I was thinking at least Rob Lynch as well, the skinny one who defended the title on Sunday was definitely not a Riot, but I wasn't really getting a Lynch vibe from the larger guy either. No clue at this point basically.

I like the idea of bringing back the Riots to deal with The Faceless personally.

That is a good idea - I'd always thought they'd return and fight Jimmy as he pretty much sacrificed them to save himself. The skinny Faceless guy immediately put me in mind of that Sebastian, although I've yet to see him wrestle. Falling behind on the ENDVR shows.

Who does give a shit?

A whole bunch of people, apparently - my twitter timeline was full of people excited to see him at Tidal & Southside. Personally, him being booked on a show has the exact opposite effect for me.

jred2k

Does 2K15 have stats for different characteristics or just an overall? Either way, I think it would be interesting to see Vince and/or the writers fill out what they think the ratings would be for each member of the roster.

That is a good idea - I'd always thought they'd return and fight Jimmy as he pretty much sacrificed them to save himself. The skinny Faceless guy immediately put me in mind of that Sebastian, although I've yet to see him wrestle. Falling behind on the ENDVR shows.
He's pretty green, obv, but crisp and the potential is absolutely there. The Zack Sabre match was real good.
A whole bunch of people, apparently - my twitter timeline was full of people excited to see him at Tidal & Southside. Personally, him being booked on a show has the exact opposite effect for me.
Southside do seem to go for the most random range of imports. They're the only people that seem to be bringing Candice & Joey in, can't someone book them in London :'(

Sephzilla

what did demott do?

Lrrr

Question for wrasslegaf - is there anyone who doesn't want to see Sting vs. HHH? I can't think of a more worthless bout.

Gonzalez

Banned
So I finished watching "Birdman", and I have a question.

Were Keaton's characters
telekinetic powers
a metaphor for his craziness, or was it legit?

Anyway good movie, wasn't the dark comedy I was expecting after seeing the ads, but still a very good somewhat depressing movie.

Aiii

So not worth it
So I finished watching "Birdman", and I have a question.

Were Keaton's characters
telekinetic powers
a metaphor for his craziness, or was it legit?

It was
bullshit, most prominent example being the taxi driver complaining about not getting paid after he "flies" from the rooftop to the theatre. However, at the end, we're led to believe he can actually fly when he jumps out of the hospital window and Emma Stone looks up and smiles. Personally, I think he plummeted to the ground anyways and it's just as SWERVE.

Eidan

At least the Lucha Dragons vs Bo-reeze match was cool.

Arena felt fucking empty too. Especially under the WM sign.
It definitely wasn't packed, but I didn't notice a ton of empty seats or anything.

The entire time I just couldn't help but think about how it felt like the B show. A ton of tag team matches no one cares about, the top stars in no matches. It was just strange. I had a free ticket to the show, and I can honestly say I'll pass the next time I'm offered a Smackdown ticket.

Top Bottom